Han

Developer Diary, Part 190 - Discussion

5 minutes ago, Panthera said:

Sure, that's why bombers were armed to the teeth with guns, totally unnecessary :lol::lol:

Gunners and guns were just there to adjust the center of gravity.  After all, "The bomber always gets through" and Americans proved that German fighters in 1943 couldn't harm massed bomber formations.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Just downloaded patch but Track-IR is now very bad especially when trying to look back one gets inverted head movements. was that intended?

Edited by I./ZG15_Karl_Modeller

2 hours ago, I./ZG15_Karl_Modeller said:

Just downloaded patch but Track-IR is now very bad especially when trying to look back one gets inverted head movements. was that intended?

Several people have problems with this now. I hope it's not intentional.

What I did on my OpenTrack setup was set a 10 degree deadzone to roll axis

3 hours ago, I./ZG15_Karl_Modeller said:

Others are having the same problem. I don't know what to suggest, none of the testers reported a problem. Have you tried Requiem's Jun 2014 profile? That's what I use.

• Thanks 1

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 6:43 PM, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

Take a look at the announcement section, you will find a nice surprise there :D

I saw o god I'm so ready its been like 15 min and I'm just sitting here taking it in but now I'm ready to play lol see you guys in the skies:lol: 

• Like 1

Roll axes work fine when looking forward, but do not work when looking to the sides and are inverted when looking to the back.

Hope this will be fixed soon. btw i'm using opentrack.

• Upvote 1

P39 and A20. Kuban. I feel the excitement I did for the original Il2 but better! Wow! This is beautiful!

So far this is more than what i expected i like the ground shadows of the clouds also like the water when you go into a cloud on your windshield so many good thing the graphics are better also my spitfire cock pit looks more detailed its great all around loving it:biggrin:

22 hours ago, Wanderfalke said:

Roll axes work fine when looking forward, but do not work when looking to the sides and are inverted when looking to the back.

Hope this will be fixed soon. btw i'm using opentrack.

Same here, quite frustrating

Gents,

FPS whilst using WOL since the up-date has gone from 60 to 35, therefore I'm rather disappointed at this stage and I'm getting to the point where I can no longer be bothered to play on any MP server.

I have bought BOK and the La5 FN and G6 etc etc, so I'm not one for not supporting the team, but seriously the FPS drop is now a major problem.

Although not a dig at the team, surely I shouldn't be seeing such a frame rate drop with this up-date!?

I have tried lowering my settings, but it gets to the stage where there is no point in playing when it starts to look silly!

Therefore, any constructive help would be appreciated to allow me to appreciate the full delights of the game!

Regards

H

Edited by Haza
  • Upvote 1

Trackir problem seems to be connected zo Trueview. Try disableing Trueview and check if the issue persists please.

10 minutes ago, 216th_Jordan said:

Trackir problem seems to be connected zo Trueview. Try disableing Trueview and check if the issue persists please.

What is Trueview?

1 hour ago, engrish_major said:

What is Trueview?

Its a trackir option that moves your virtual head always where you head actually goes. (like: you turn your head 90° ingame, then you move your actual head nosewards and your virtual head will do the same. Without Trueview your ingame head would move forward to the planes nose but not where you are looking at actually.)

Trueview seems handy to many people, I used it too for a long time, but as the  mathematical function is not unique (don't know how to call this in english - it means that there can be several vector-values for given positions instead of just one distinct vector of values for every position) it has the recenter itself every time you look forward again which leads to some ugly movements. If you learn to fly without Trueview you'll likely also become better at spotting once it really gets into you.

Doesn't matter though as this bug needs to be fixed and trueview a matter of preference. Just thought that some could try it without trueview and see if the result goes away or stays.

6 hours ago, engrish_major said:

What is Trueview?

Advanced settings/profiles 

@jordan  

inverted roll is here even with true view not checked ...

Roll is inverted only when i look back and up when i look to the back and to the bottom Roll work as intended .

Upon a theorical horizontal mid line it s rolling on the opposite side than it should ...

Again with or without true view at least for me probleme is  the same .

I m using a Track IR 5 , with an exclusive profile ticked in tir settings (based on Requiem' s one ) , classical track clip ( not the pro one with leds) and it has always perfectly worked until 3.001 ...

Edited by 13Nrv