Sign in to follow this  
Oubaas

Tank Crew – Clash at Prokhorovka

I don't know about the rest of you, but aside from airplanes, ships, and submarines, I love tanks. I've got Steel Beasts Pro PE for the modern stuff, and I'm thinking about picking up Steel Armor: Blaze of War, but the world is in serious need of some World War Two tank action. Everything out there is old and moldy.

So when they release Tank Crew - Clash at Prokhorovka, I will jump on it like a rat on a Cheeto.

How about the rest of you? Hankering for tanks at all? :salute:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

I don't know about the rest of you, but aside from airplanes, ships, and submarines, I love tanks. I've got Steel Beasts Pro PE for the modern stuff, and I'm thinking about picking up Steel Armor: Blaze of War, but the world is in serious need of some World War Two tank action. Everything out there is old and moldy.

So when they release Tank Crew - Clash at Prokhorovka, I will jump on it like a rat on a Cheeto.

Salutations to a kindred spirit.  :salute: 

Im hugely excited for both TANKS and Flying Circus.

(and BoBP!)

They cant get here fast enough!

• Upvote 1

My army career started life on tanks, I was a crewman then tank commander... every tank game I have tried to get into was pants, no game can simulate what it was really like, so I have steered clear of them, and I doubt I'll buy into this one.

My army career started life on tanks, I was a crewman then tank commander... every tank game I have tried to get into was pants, no game can simulate what it was really like, so I have steered clear of them, and I doubt I'll buy into this one.

On one hand I can see that point of view coming from someone on your position...I get it.

On the other hand, any pilot could say the same thing with regard to flight sims.

Bud Anderson said with regard to WWII combat sim... " I flew them till his fingers bled" and we're talking the old sims, before EAW even.

No way they came close to his actual experience, and they cant' even now.

So while I get it, and to each his own...sometimes you have to loosen up a bit. :)

• Upvote 1

I will buy Tank Crew to support the developers, but will not be playing it. Never had a desire for a tank sim.

I will also buy Flying Circus, and that one I will be playing.

I'm interested. I've never played at tanks, but have always wanted a go. For sure there'll be planes doing ground attack. I wonder if there'll be some infantry running around, to add a bit of depth to it.

Of course. I don't play 'my job game' either. 

I cannot wait as well.

Meanwhile you might want to check Steel Fury Kharkov 1942. It is the best WWII tank sim available up to date. There is a group of modders that still work and update their mod STA 3.3. The mods add plenty of tanks and historical scenarios as well as improve graphics.

The game is still available to buy as digital download from GamersGate or Amazon.

There is no good tank game here... unfortunately.

WoT looks like RC-controlled tanks, WT is a matchmaking and balance nightmare on small maps, where respawn is completely pointless.

Hope Tank Crew will propose huge maps with a lot of missions (control points) to cooperate tanks with planes...

There is no good tank game here... unfortunately.

WoT looks like RC-controlled tanks, WT is a matchmaking and balance nightmare on small maps, where respawn is completely pointless.

Hope Tank Crew will propose huge maps with a lot of missions (control points) to cooperate tanks with planes...

Well there is but with caveats

Steel Beasts looks bad and costs an arm and leg

Steel Armor/Fury have awful sound, especially engines and machine guns (any sound that repeats) and no multiplayer.

Edited by RoflSeal

Meanwhile you might want to check Steel Fury Kharkov 1942. It is the best WWII tank sim available up to date.

Yes, i remember Steel Fury Kharkov, it was the best WWII tank sim. I wish the developers didn't include multiplayer. I think if they would develop the game instead of producin new ones and add MP it would be a hit.

It was produced by Ukrainian Graviteam studio from Kharkov and they still develop and produce new tank games, but they are realistic tactical simulators of, lets say, a mixed company scale, not single tank simulators.

Every interior was greatly modeled with details like armored covers, different vision blocks, different engines and transmissions etc. Every tank was very unique. The game was very moody also.

Edited by bies

Yes, i remember Steel Fury Kharkov, it was the best WWII tank sim. I wish the developers didn't include multiplayer. 

What... ?

Multiplayer is the core of each game now and allow to build game's community.

But you have an option - you can play single campaign only if you want.

T-34 v Tiger. What happened????

Always this same question. Medium v heavy tank?

Did you heard about Russian beast killers? Why not asking KW-2 v Tiger?

What about distance? Position? Detected? Mines? What ammo on-board? Artillery support? Air support? 

As I know there were a nice US tactics on WW2 western front: if they had stopped by German defense line... called air support. 

Playing some game about tanks sometimes I had lack of ammo. Quite sure my Tiger with no ammo may have a "little" problem to kill T-34...

Historical view:

1941-42 were dominated by T-34. No German tanks better than T-34 this time. Better suspension than Pz.IV (hills with mud and snow not available for Pz.IV).

Approx 50% loses by internal damages only, not by enemy fire(!).

Next reason of high loses: lack of war experience, poor tactics and general strategy by HQ (Germans took war experience on Polish and French fields).

Last question is about cost: Tiger was a real "king" of tank on Russian fields. But was expensive in materials and time-production. May be easy flooded by horde of T-34/85.

Alone Tiger v horde of T-34 supported by air cover have no chance.

Similar story on western front: One Tiger equals 10 Shermans. Unfortunately Americans had always eleven.

• Upvote 1

What about distance? Position? Detected? Mines? What ammo on-board? Artillery support? Air support? 

As I know there were a nice US tactics on WW2 western front: if they had stopped by German defense line... called air support. 

Playing some game about tanks sometimes I had lack of ammo. Quite sure my Tiger with no ammo may have a "little" problem to kill T-34...

Historical view:

1941-42 were dominated by T-34. No German tanks better than T-34 this time. Better suspension than Pz.IV (hills with mud and snow not available for Pz.IV).

Next reason of high loses: lack of war experience, poor tactics and general strategy by HQ (Germans took war experience on Polish and French fields).

Last question is about cost: Tiger was a real "king" of tank on Russian fields. But was expensive in materials and time-production. May be easy flooded by horde of T-34/85.

Similar story on western front: One Tiger equals 10 Shermans. Unfortunately Americans had always eleven.

Erm. There was a game of that name. Jolly good it was, too!

Historical view:

That triggered you well...

There was a WWII tank simulator title "WWII battle tanks: T-34 vs Tiger". Very good one, at its time the best WWII tank SIM.

Unfortunately it had 6 mission campaign for each of two tanks and no multiplayer.

Edited by Sputnik77

Gents,

The best game by far that I ever played regarding tanks, was on my Commodore 64!!

Regards

Trooper, you can't do that, you're missing out on some fun. I'm retired military, too. If I went by that rule, I'd never go near a flight sim. Think of what I'd be missing! Sims are never going to be the same as the real thing, but they can still be a lot of fun and come close enough to the things that we did in real life back in our salad days to remind us and make us grin. You should give Steel Beasts Pro PE v4 a try. They have time-limited subscriptions now for various durations. I renew once a year, which works out because there's usually a new version around once a year anyway. But you can get short ones to give it a try for cheap. And you don't have to screw around with a CodeMeter stick. :salute:

When will this be a full blown game? Campaign mode, etc.? Anybody know any dates?

And if you look at my Military Beret Badge I served in for 12 years, well no comment ;) Leopard II, if anybody  wondering ;)

1 hour ago, Xavier69 said:

When will this be a full blown game? Campaign mode, etc.? Anybody know any dates?

And if you look at my Military Beret Badge I served in for 12 years, well no comment ;) Leopard II, if anybody  wondering ;)

The focus appears to be on multiplayer.  No campaign/career is planned for SP, however there will be something like 10 static missions for each side which you can play over and over again as many times as you like.

7 hours ago, Xavier69 said:

Salutations,

I think Tank Crew will be a full blown game module.

There will 'probably' be a campaign(s), either presented by the developer or by the communities mission builders.

There are no firm dates for anything but future development looks very promising. :coffee:

10 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

No campaign/career is planned for SP, however there will be something like 10 static missions for each side which you can play over and over again as many times as you like.

There is a campaign planned.

Can you elaborate?  The last information that I read was that it is a sort of compilation of missions that does not follow an individual or specific unit.  The aim was to showcase each vehicle in at least one mission each and the player had the opportunity to play the same missions from both sides.  If I recall, Blacksix said that the player could choose the missions in a non linear progression too, which seemed to indicate that it was not a campaign in the traditional sense. 

We've taken a decision to do two standard SP campaigns. You can read about them in the DD 212.

So Viks is doing Russian campaign and I'm doing German campaign.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

Thanks B6, I'm very glad to hear that.  I'll look forward to learning more about it too!

Posted (edited)
On 5/19/2019 at 5:23 AM, BlackSix said:

We've taken a decision to do two standard SP campaigns. You can read about them in the DD 212.

So Viks is doing Russian campaign and I'm doing German campaign.

Hi BlackSix,

Sounds good, can i ask if there is a plan to incorporate infantry like in Steel Fury 1942?

On 2/25/2018 at 6:43 AM, Sputnik77 said:

I cannot wait as well.

Meanwhile you might want to check Steel Fury Kharkov 1942. It is the best WWII tank sim available up to date. There is a group of modders that still work and update their mod STA 3.3. The mods add plenty of tanks and historical scenarios as well as improve graphics.

The game is still available to buy as digital download from GamersGate or Amazon.

Not available anymore as far as I can see.

image.png.1a970ea35cb5d7723d43a05f67772183.pngimage.png.f6727f8f4ffe6fe124bfdfcd68da8fe0.png

Edited by Slater
  • Upvote 1

I've no any info about infantry for this game and there are no special "places" for the infantry in the mission structure. You'll see MG and ATG positions only which will imitate the infantry units.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, BlackSix said:

I've no any info about infantry for this game and there are no special "places" for the infantry in the mission structure. You'll see MG and ATG positions only which will imitate the infantry units.

Ok, well something for the future then, anyway thank you for the reply.

Edited by Slater
  • Upvote 1