Han

Developer Diary, Part 189 - Discussion

Hello everybody,

As a teaser for the coming Career mode, today we present you one of the reports from our volunteer testers that was edited a bit to be less formal:

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials
  • Upvote 10

Already sounds very fun to play!
Do you already have info on how the amount of AI affects performance? In PWCG and some of the Scripted Campaigns the game goes into slow motion mode when a lot is going on. Probably because my cpu is getting quite old. 

The career stuff is looking really good........you might be encouraging a few too many people back to single player. ;)

Looking really good! Very excited for the campaign, i see it was built with a lot of attention :)

Excellent, now I want it badly!

What is Iron man option? Dead is dead ?

Yes, that's how it is in CKII. You cannot save other than autosaves and dead is dead.

Seems good to me. I am just about curious how the "chapters" will work and about the difficulty level settings and controls.

Looking really good! Very excited for the campaign, i see it was built with a lot of attention :)

Yes, that's how it is in CKII. You cannot save other than autosaves and dead is dead.

That's how I like to play my campaigns. Keeps me more careful because my actions can have higher consequences. I still never seem to last that long though :(

But yes, I am very excited for the new campaign as well.

Excellent, now I want it badly!

What is Iron man option? Dead is dead ?

You get an indestructible suit and the ability to rocket away from your plane instead of a parachute.

• Upvote 1

You get an indestructible suit and the ability to rocket away from your plane instead of a parachute.

:)

I'll be working long hours until April 17, then vacation time for 2 weeks, poor me ;)

However I do get time off, thank you BOX team :biggrin:  :biggrin:  looking great and please don't release until it is really ready, I feel it will be 2 weeks for sure ;) .

I'm floored. Looks absolutely fantastic. Even the online only guys should be tempted by this one. I'm excited for this update. Thanks to the tester and the team for this update.

Look like they reworked the AI since currently they are just flying randomly without following the route.

All good news!

Look like they reworked the AI since currently they are just flying randomly without following the route.

All good news!

Other than the part where the tester mentioned the MiG and 109 flew in to the ground.

Other than the part where the tester mentioned the MiG and 109 flew in to the ground.

Yeah lol

Really nice. Can't wait.

I just wonder: Can we adjust the waypoints by ourselves?

post-19-0-87619500-1519316119.jpg

Wait a second - Career Mode "Realistic Speed" playing each day from 1941 to 1943 every Battle of X. So 2 years to end this with Realistic Speed. So on Realistic Speed is playing a mission for this day and waiting to tomorrow for the next one, right?

Wait a second - Career Mode "Realistic Speed" playing each day from 1941 to 1943 every Battle of X. So 2 years to end this with Realistic Speed. So on Realistic Speed is playing a mission for this day and waiting to tomorrow for the next one, right?

I think realistic speed have to be: you play one mission, the next one will be another day, so you can play 10 missions in a day and that means 10 days of progress

I suppose Iron Man would be flying all sorties in your group. Looks like plane selection is locked to the theater you own and not what's available?

Man - that looks great - what does the title of that newspaper translate as? (hah - just curious)....

:good: 

Sounding awesome!

Really looking forward to this new Career mode!!

Iron Man mode is probably DiD.

Realistic career speed probably means day by day progression but hopefully you aren't limited to flying 1 sortie per day - that wouldn't be very realistic.

For a while it has been fairly easy to trick them into doing that. If you are low to the ground and the AI dives on you with some speed......they rarely get that right.....especially because of the trees.

A tricky issue to solve by the sounds.

• Upvote 1

I was wondering if it will be possible to play the career mode in co-op mode missions or if the two modes are completely independent, with no interaction possible between the two of ten.

Has anybody info about this?

Edited by Chipi

This picture is...wow!! And I thought that vander or my missions looked complicated :lol: :lol: I wish I could take a look at this missions in the ME  :mellow:  :o: 

post-19-0-11939200-1519316125.jpg

Other than that....great work from all involved.

Haash

• Upvote 2

I fly into the ground all the time

Me too but the immersion breaker is when a whole flight of 109s get taken out through maneuver kills. Such disappointment. Such a cop out on the AIs part. ;)

I wonder if you tell the others to 'not do what he did' in some way....like don't try attacking targets below 50m or something.

Edited by Pail

This picture is...wow!! And I thought that vander or my missions looked complicated :lol: :lol: I wish I could take a look at this missions in the ME  :mellow:  :o:

post-19-0-11939200-1519316125.jpg

Other than that....great work from all involved.

Haash

The present "Campaign" missions look a lot like this in the ME. There's just tons of procedurally  (or whatever) produced mission elements. But it's groovy, right? Sort of deranged Jackson Pollock, or some sort. By the way, the PWCG missions look even stranger in the ME!