EAF_Ribbon

Arma 4 comfirmed!

Nice - would like to see an ArmA title set in WWII or Vietnam.

Just hope it wont be another future scenario.

What you will see are micropayments giving you additional seconds on „WEP Power“.

I think that is me done with Arma... for me, the future soldier thing was something I never enjoyed.

I have bought everything Arma since it was released, (operation flashpoint etc onwards) but after Arma II, (which I really enjoyed) I think the whole thing has gone downhill...

I'll wait to see what the new game is about, but at this moment in time I can't get excited about it.

• Upvote 2

I think that is me done with Arma... for me, the future soldier thing was something I never enjoyed.

I have bought everything Arma since it was released, (operation flashpoint etc onwards) but after Arma II, (which I really enjoyed) I think the whole thing has gone downhill...

I'll wait to see what the new game is about, but at this moment in time I can't get excited about it.

Yeah i hope it won't be some futuristic crap!

Arma3 is a bit too futuristic in some things but still i can enjoy it mostly in SP and ME.

Nice - would like to see an ArmA title set in WWII or Vietnam.

Just hope it wont be another future scenario.

If Arma 4 is as moddable as 3 and 2 were then I don't doubt that someone will build updated versions of mods for these theatres.

Iron Front 44 (WWII) and Unsung (Vietnam) are the best that I've used that represent those theatres. There are other WWII mods but I'm not aware of another Vietnam War one.

Yeah i hope it won't be some futuristic crap!

Arma3 is a bit too futuristic in some things but still i can enjoy it mostly in SP and ME.

I wouldn't worry too much, the Arma series is so notoriously mod-friendly that they're bound to include that option. And that being the case, it won't be long before the entire back catalogue of existing content is added as well as a whole heap of new stuff covering any setting that can be imagined.

I enjoyed 2 but stopped playing it when all the content made its way into 3, with extra features and a better interface. I'm not sold on the future stuff entirely either but I don't think I've played the stock game for more than a few minutes after I first got it ages ago.

I understand the reluctance to do a contemporary setting though, it's almost certainly to avoid accidentally creating something too close to real life. Which is annoying, but such is.

• Upvote 1

Tangentially related, how good is Rising Storm: Vietnam? I've enjoyed Red Orchestra 2 a lot, does its modern sibling hold up?

Don't get me wrong but...... "Rising Storm Vietnam" is a good game but it is a bit too much "Call of Duty" for my liking

My squad had been having loads of fun recently playing the "Faces of War" (ww2) mod for ARMA3.

I've been playing this series since OFP. If BI is good at anything, it's PR management. The issues and bugs and system constraints, all of it are things we the community have been discussing since OFP, most of which have never been resolved and are still present in A3. And that's a game (OFP) from 2001.

I have zero faith in BI to deliver a complete product. They'll do what they always do. Recycle old, no-compliant engine components and mash them together and call it a new game, 

Tangentially related, how good is Rising Storm: Vietnam? I've enjoyed Red Orchestra 2 a lot, does its modern sibling hold up?

Did not enjoy it. Like the close-quarter maps in RO2 it's much too much focussed on those suicide kids who don't give a damn if they are killed 20 times in one session - run-run-run, win that map and nothing else matters. In RO2 there are at least some maps build open and wide enough to teach those shooter-gamers why in RL there are infantry basics. But not in RS-V. If you're looking for a simulator: forget it.

I must be old. I can´t feel anything anymore when it comes to Call of Duty, Battlefield and ARMA nothing. I do have time to fly sims, I just do not run and take advantage of it every time I do. Yeah it must be age, my wife say she do not recognize any increased wisdom

IMO - Rising Storm and RS - Vietnam are better than Red Orchestra 2, so if you like of RO2 will like both. And none are good like RO - too much "COD" in all. :)

I used to play ARMA3 in Wasteland MP (sandbox), but never like their SP or Coop.

Edited by Sokol1

Good news! I thought there will be no more arma game.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

ShowBox Kodi Lucky Patcher

Edited by madden

Has to have a VR option before I will consider buying it, Onward has shown the way forward. Shooting is a whole lot more fun and satisfying in VR and, maybe it's just me, but as the graphical fidelity has gone up the lack of depth perception has become increasingly problematic trying to distinguish one shaded green Sprite from another.

Noice, I’ve been playing the series since OFP. I hope with a new engine they make it less clunky, the action menu and command system hasn’t changed since OFP. 

That and the aircraft physics has always been terrible.

In saying that I’ve spent a lot time in these games over 18 years and still love them.

Edited by Tyberan