Axurit

Gametrix support can be amazing.

_ Support GAMETRIX, I know it is fully functional clodo or DCS, pity it is not on IL2, VR immertion etc etc ...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yes, with full respect to what the devs have been doing, I agree, Jetseat would be cool.

Ceowulf<><

• Upvote 1

Congratulations Axurit :)

This is my regular start up checklist with I use each time I run BoX (sound mode):

1.  Plug in JetSeat to electric power wall socket and turn on.

2.  Connect JetSeat USB plug to PC.

3.  Connect JetSeat jack plug (male) to your PC green line-out hole.  (Note that I also plug my headset green jack plug into the same hole, so I use a splitter (double socket) to allow me to plug 2 x jack plugs in at the same time.  If you have a headset that only needs a USB socket, then you will not need a splitter.)

4.  Turn the JetSeat 'ON' using the switch on the JetSeat power control box and turn the control dial to 'HIGH'. 

5.  Under your PC's Application list, select 'Gametrix JetSeat', then select 'JetSeat Control Panel'.  With your mouse, select 'SOUND' mode and click on APPLY (don't select USB mode).  Click on 'Test' and test the electric motors work.  I then turn off the JetSeat using the switch on the JetSeat power control box.

6.  Start BoX flight sim and when in aircraft cockpit, turn the JetSeat 'ON' using the switch on the JetSeat power control box.

7.  Start your aircraft engines and you should start to feel the rumble!

I hope this helps get you started nice and quickly.  Good luck.

Happy landings,

Talisman

• Thanks 1

Tks Talisman ;)

Any news about this feature ?

Edited by Axurit

I received an email saying that the feelforce will be delayed on delivery.This leaves time for the development teams to make it compatible.😉

Could we have hope someday? 

Edited by Axurit

I cross my fingers too for a chance to see somebody helping the devs to provide an app tool for allowing export of telemetry data for the new forcefeel.

If it has been done and developped for IL2 COD why is it so difficult to adapt / implement in IL2 BOM BOS BOK ?

• Like 1

The first pre-ordered Gametrix / Forcefeel / Realteus 😉 seats will be sent on the second half of september ☺️.

I hope now that we can dream of a Il2 Great Battle compatibility for next year ... 

Please Jason make our dreams come true and open fully the gates of VR immersion , Il2 Great Battles deserve it !

• Like 1

@AndreDo you think it is possible to create a "compatibility mod" by recovering the sounds played by the game and making them interpretable by software like sim shaker?

Since finally each action making a sound is likely to be felt in the aircraft, such as driving for example, when the sound file is read, it causes the vibration of engines 1 2 3 and 4, for example, and according to the volume the vibration varies.

Edited by Axurit

On 8/21/2018 at 12:26 PM, Axurit said:

@AndreDo you think it is possible to create a "compatibility mod" by recovering the sounds played by the game and making them interpretable by software like sim shaker?

Since finally each action making a sound is likely to be felt in the aircraft, such as driving for example, when the sound file is read, it causes the vibration of engines 1 2 3 and 4, for example, and according to the volume the vibration varies.

I've thinking about that for a while. Still not sure that's the way to go. 

On 8/23/2018 at 11:05 AM, Voss said:

Should such tool / API be helpful ? It seems to be free ...

http://swaggerstats.io/

That is something different.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for your response @Andre .
When you say, "Still not sure that's the way to go." This is not technically the right way to go?
We would be French to wish to see this aspect of simulation succeed.

Edited by Axurit

question, why would they suport these? they aren't even being produced anymore according to their website

Edited by 6./ZG26_Asgar

6 hours ago, Axurit said:

Thank you for your response @Andre .
When you say, "Still not sure that's the way to go." This is not technically the right way to go?
We would be French to wish to see this aspect of simulation succeed.

I consider recognizing a particular sound among many others as a complicated task. I think their may be a significant load on CPU, delays and inaccuracies.

6 hours ago, 6./ZG26_Asgar said:

question, why would they suport these? they aren't even being produced anymore according to their website

They could support this since it is excellent with some other flight simulators, providing APIs.

But they will not, that's clear now. They are mostly focusing on visual effects as if humans had no bodies :)

Edited by Andre
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Andre said:

They are mostly focusing on visual effects as if humans had no bodies

mmb9qajq9swpi8xxy76a_400x400.jpeg

3 hours ago, Andre said:

I consider recognizing a particular sound among many others as a complicated task. I think their may be a significant load on CPU, delays and inaccuracies.

They could support this since it is excellent with some other flight simulators, providing APIs.

But they will not, that's clear now. They are mostly focusing on visual effects as if humans had no bodies :)

And is it not possible to perceive the sound / effect as the use of its file, and not with the frequency that the file plays?

Actually humans have bodies, and in a warbird as in a formula 1 or a hobie cat 16, the body serves to feel what is happening as well as sight. View that will be better and better with the vr. This kind of accessories seem to me so normal for this category of game.

I think that's possible. Many proprietary computer systems now can recognize even human speech.

But that's a matter of resources to spent on it, efforts and time to become an expert in this particular area and taking risks (I mentioned some of the risks above).

Meanwhile, although BoX is certainly an eye-candy, we periodically have emerging some other new games/modules with a simple access to telemetry via API to spend time productively.

• Upvote 2

The best should be that Tacview can process real time data from IL2 no ?

Even if we shall buy the Tacview advanced version of the soft for real time telemetry , I will be happy to do it.

Il2 + Tacview + Simshaker + Realteus should be a good formula no ?

Actually realtime telemetry is available for DCS Worls , X Plane , FSX and P3D. Why is it too difficult to open Il2 for Tacview ? 

This could raise Il2 to the top of Flight Sims 

The first realteus are near delivery now.

I hope that we will not have to wait the next 2 or 3 IL2 GB titles to have a chance to use it at its full potential ... 

I am surprised that in the community there is no talented candidate who is able to help for coding such API.

You probably meant "no one cares"?

Those who already tried this kind of "massage", care.

A fresh citation of a Gametrix JetSeat user from the UK 

JetSeat is great, thanks.   It is surprising how those bumps and vibrations really add to the immersion.   Little things like feeling a bump when closing the canopy. Sounds trivial, but I love it.  Most useful, though, is the vibration just before the stall. 

It is a brilliant piece of kit.

1 hour ago, Voss said:

I am surprised that in the community there is no talented candidate who is able to help for coding such API.

That's a piece of work which developers teams usually do by their own, since it's in a sensitive area with access deep inside the game engine. Those who do this work should know the engine well. Will any team, developing a proprietary piece of software, let a community member such an access and knowledge? Only if there is no other choice, I think.

Edited by Andre

no i mean, the devs have better things to do than giving us back massages. netcode work they announced, all the new planes and tanks that are in work, the new FM tech for high speeds

I just could not translate your "no on cares for a back massage while gaming". English is not my first language.

On 9/10/2018 at 3:42 AM, 6./ZG26_Asgar said:

no i mean, the devs have better things to do than giving us back massages. netcode work they announced, all the new planes and tanks that are in work, the new FM tech for high speeds

You've never actually used a Gametrix Jetseat have you? I stopped playing IL-2 because it doesn't support the Jetseat. I will keep happily playing DCS until such time as the IL-2 Devs properly support this product. I won't buy anymore expansions until you do. I really like Flying Circus too, but you lose too much immersion. People who have never actually tried the Jetseat should probably stop making fools of themselves. 

• Like 1

I'm not going anywhere don't worry. I just said I'm not giving the Dev's anymore money until they properly support this product and other developers in the community. Why do people like you insist on being rude on online forums. Do you lack authority in your real life? That was a real quick response too. Just hang out on forums all day being irritating? If you haven't actually used the product, why would people care about your opinion? 

Edited by Sn8ke_iis
  • Upvote 1

For a long time, I used the pedals of a force-feedback wheel, and on iL2 46 he vibrated according to the flight conditions, and transmitted the vibrations to the office. It was a great help to me, and it seems that "feeling" his plane is as important as turning his head.

It is on that they have much to do with Bodenplatte then later with the enome task of the pacific, that many wait impatiently. But the quality of the proposed experience should not suffer from the impatience of the players to see content coming out.

The pre-orders of this product worked well, and some players possessing it, could be interested in il2 for its compatibility, instead if it wants a flying experience that exploits it, they will go to the competition, DCS, War thunder etc.

Il2 BOX is still a game that lasts and will last in time, and it is normal to think that the players who will follow this adventure, will want something other than a joystick posed summarily on a desk.

More and more players are using RV, and RVs are upgrading their cockpits or their desks for better comfort and immersion, and the quality of immersion is irreparably need feedback from his plane.

And see some say that it is not useful, it's like in 2004 when some said trackir is useless. It was wrong and retrograde.

To say today that VR is useless, is wrong and retrograde.

It's the same for anything that can bring feelings to the players. It's not a only a gadget, It is at the same level as the compatibility that the track ir or the support of several joysticks..

and it reduces nausea in VR as reported by users

1C/777 absolutely should include support for Realteus ForceFeel seat. This combined with VR googles are the ultimate immersive flight simulation experience.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The first Realteus owners are not too far away now.

I hope that we will not have to wait as long as  the preorder of the product to have a good feedback feeling in our seats.