Spot and ID well! Tricks, fixes, copy/paste settings for SteamVR, Vive Pro 2, Reverb G2, etc.

SCG_Fenris_Wolf

TCW_Brzi_Joe
On 4/10/2021 at 11:58 AM, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

If you still got the 8KX maybe you can run some tests

I made some tests on my Pimax 8kx, and it is not bad. My 2080ti holds half of 75fps (I expect update for 90fps) without problems. It looks beautiful, except few irritating features; view edges when taking off, sun and close planes in dogfight (all have double wings, it is harder to ID).

I made my spotting test; I have one track with furball in distance, and with track I tried to see as many planes there as possible. I counted 11 with this setrings, It was about 13 before. Not bad. I will try it more.

ps: After some time I figured on my pc I have less artefacts if my ss is 0.9 instead 1, so I use it 0.9

Edited by TCW_Brzi_Joe
  • Like 1

SCG_Fenris_Wolf
19 hours ago, Goldstein said:

Any quest 2 settings? Can i just follow the reverb guide? 

While I have tried the Quest 2 (courtesy of @StG2_Raven_VR), I don't have settings for the Quest 2 unfortunately.

As a general rule, if you can keep resolution natively and 90Hz while using the link (to avoid compression) it's a good direction already. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

While I have tried the Quest 2 (courtesy of @StG2_Raven_VR), I don't have settings for the Quest 2 unfortunately.

As a general rule, if you can keep resolution natively and 90Hz while using the link (to avoid compression) it's a good direction already. 

Technically there is no way to avoid video compression with a Quest using Link. That is how the Link tech works.

However Oculus apparently doing a pretty good job of improving on that technology. Now they are headed for wireless.

Now if he can keep it at 90 Hz he can avoid ASW.

• Upvote 1

SCG_Fenris_Wolf
Posted (edited)

Ah yes, correct. My wording was imprecise:

I was referring to the difference between the Link cable and Wireless options. I could make out a clear difference there, with wireless showing compression artifacts now and then, while the Link cable was without any issue. Secondary but not of less importance may be the live time. If you fly an evening of 3-4 hours with your mates, you might as well go with the cable right away atm.

P.S. I think it's fantastic what the Quest 2 is and will be capable of (120Hz for example).

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf

Spasticus

I currently play wireless exclusively (with a powerbank on the back of my head in a custom strap, gives me about 5 hours playtime) and it works great. I honestly don't notice any artifacts. I stream at fixed 150 Mbps bitrate. 

• Upvote 1

SCG_Fenris_Wolf

That's great, the WiFi setup I had here for it may not have been optimal.:good:

Blitzen

FINALLY, I got a 3080ti card! 

( Warning : what follows is an unashamed ringing unsolicited endorsement of BESTBUY and the GeekSquad there so read on if you care to.)

After months of searching Ebay , Amazon & all  the usual suspects I was able to buy a used 2080 ti through Amazon for about $1300.00 ,not the best price perhaps but the only 2080 card i could find at the time. Unfortunately the GeekSquad ,upon examining my 2 year old PC with a 1080 ti card, just shook their head and said that there wasn't enough room physically to fit the new bigger card in the old case. They pushed me over to the PC department to see if I could buy a built inexpensive new PC and use it to put the 2080 in it.The guy in the PC dept. there just shook his head and muttered it wasn't such a good idea,...why not just buy to PC WITH a 3080 card? My turn to shake my head : don't exist yet, and if they do they're sold out & if they aren't sold out they're too expensive. He said "Let's check!?"  Unbelievably he found one in a BestBuy Lynnwood Washington not 10 minutes away .It was the only one there ,in an opened box, but if I hurried out I might just be able to get it-if I hurried!

It was till there & of course I did buy it for about $1450.00 less a new account Best Buy reward of $150.00!  A brand new ASUS GeForce 3080 gaming PC.So nearly the same price of the used 2080 card. Still pricey but not  as bad as trying to find just the 3080 card all by itself.

But like all things in this modern age I wasn't done yet .The process of transferring all my saved files from my old PC to the new one ,it was found that the ASUS card didn't have enough room for the volumes of info I had on my old PC- there wasn't enough room for it and GB. Very long story short I had back up everything prior to purchase on a large external "My Book" so we could use it as part of the transfer .Unfortunately I dropped self same external drive on the way back to Best Buy.I t was inoperable- everything appeared to be toast...my whole life: toast. The GeekSquad rode to the rescue : after more than a week trying various options in saving the plethora of files they got them all out and put them on a newly installed 4TB internal drive ( after another BestBuy discount priced at about $20.00!) Now I had enough room for everything, but I took GeekSquad's advice & marched over to my old friend in the PC dept. and bough a 5TB external drive as a permanent back up for everything!  After $100.00 discount about $10.00!

I've shortened the narrative greatly , but the point is I am now up to date & all the various trouble shooting & solving, all the service & advice from the GeekSquad through my account was absolutely free & fast. High marks!

Of course its a revelation in game play both in clarity & FPS number with my ReverbG2-wonderful ! BUT I need help on one or two issues that I was able to solve before, but seem to be held up now. I can't get into making changes in my Steam VR settings to match you suggestions .I 've found the win64/vrpathreg.exe file but don't seem able to open it anymore. Is there some trick I've forgotten to get in & change the "config" files .Is this really necessary to make noticeable changes in the optics of game play? 

With this great new card I haven't touched anything in the settings option in the Steam VR 1.16.10 box that shows up on screen after activating it on Steam....with everything looking good now is it worth the effort to play with the various sliders like I did with the old 1080ti install? Just wondering. Finally I have copied down all the settings that could be programmed through Nvidia settings, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that thses didn't make any real difference with GB et al.Can you advice?

I'm probale forgetting something , but this missive has probably gone on long enough- thanks you for your patience & forthcoming advice!

( BTW I was able to return the 2080ti card through Amazon for a full refund! Now does anyone want a slightly used 1080 ti card?? Anyone???)

SCG_Fenris_Wolf

Congratulations on your new GPU! I trust it is a 3080 and not a 3080ti, or you'd be the first one I witness to have gotten one! :)

The first post has been updated probably more than a dozen times since the vrpathreg.exe days @Blitzen, so you may want to scrap any text you have saved locally, and take a look in there, the first post ;)

Enjoy your new stuff and see you around :D 

Blitzen
On 5/11/2021 at 3:51 PM, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Congratulations on your new GPU! I trust it is a 3080 and not a 3080ti, or you'd be the first one I witness to have gotten one! :)

The first post has been updated probably more than a dozen times since the vrpathreg.exe days @Blitzen, so you may want to scrap any text you have saved locally, and take a look in there, the first post ;)

Enjoy your new stuff and see you around 😄

Absolutely right ( as usual!) 🤑

TCW_Brzi_Joe

SteamVR Beta new update (1.17.10) just removed for some HMDs setting per application "motion smoothing always on".

I do not have it any more for Pimax, and it is changed also for all Windows Mixed Reality headsets.

Spoiler

SteamVR Beta 1.17.10

Fix per-app motion smoothing setting being hidden for Windows Mixed Reality headsets. Also exposed the global setting for them. Details: Headsets that use their own compositor have the current settings communicated to them, but it is up to the driver author to handle them. WMR for SteamVR does respect these settings. The Oculus driver does not (there is no API in the Oculus SDK to control ASW at this time), so the Motion Smoothing controls will remain hidden for Oculus headsets, and those users will need to continue using Oculus tools for adjusting.

• Thanks 1

SCG_Fenris_Wolf
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, TCW_Brzi_Joe said:

SteamVR Beta new update (1.17.10) just removed for some HMDs setting per application "motion smoothing always on".

I do not have it any more for Pimax, and it is changed also for all Windows Mixed Reality headsets.

Reveal hidden contents

SteamVR Beta 1.17.10

Fix per-app motion smoothing setting being hidden for Windows Mixed Reality headsets. Also exposed the global setting for them. Details: Headsets that use their own compositor have the current settings communicated to them, but it is up to the driver author to handle them. WMR for SteamVR does respect these settings. The Oculus driver does not (there is no API in the Oculus SDK to control ASW at this time), so the Motion Smoothing controls will remain hidden for Oculus headsets, and those users will need to continue using Oculus tools for adjusting.

Correct, that is absolutely true. My recommendation is, of course, as a result, to stay off the Beta for WMR users too. Thanks for pointing this out @TCW_Brzi_Joe!

Blitzen

I have set up everything as per your suggestions for my new 3080 install of ReverbG@...BUT I have been unable to get into thewin\64\vrpathreg.exe file to adjust as per your instructions. I've done as you suggest by typing in the address, and my PC says it can't be done. I've "browsed for the file & entered it that way & nothing appears to happen.

I've just gone to where the file is 7 tried opening it there with various openers & just can't find the right one.

Before I give up & go back to happily playing the sim perhapa you might set me on the right path? I'd appreciate it.🤔

SCG_Fenris_Wolf
On 5/23/2021 at 6:26 PM, Blitzen said:

I have set up everything as per your suggestions for my new 3080 install of ReverbG@...BUT I have been unable to get into thewin\64\vrpathreg.exe file to adjust as per your instructions. I've done as you suggest by typing in the address, and my PC says it can't be done. I've "browsed for the file & entered it that way & nothing appears to happen.

I've just gone to where the file is 7 tried opening it there with various openers & just can't find the right one.

Before I give up & go back to happily playing the sim perhapa you might set me on the right path? I'd appreciate it.🤔

Mate, I've already said things have changed. You won't find the file there anymore. For the Pimax, use Pitool/Pimax experience, and I recommend you to check out their forums for help.

You can adjust the maximum render resolution in their Pimax experience tool :good:

Decoy_Raven

Wait, are you saying I should run in native resolution then SS 1.3 in Steam VR?

I'm using 1.3 in Oculus and 100% in Steam VR at 72hz and even then it stutters and I have drops every now and then.
(i5-10600K (XMP II), 32GB RAM, RTX 2070, 970 EVO nvme, Quest 2 with airlink/vd (I know it's not optimal but a good router was the same price as that link cable so I went with this until I can afford the cable))

All these settings are so confusing. I thought I had it dialed in a couple of days ago (somehow using higher settings ingame gave me better FPS) but then I started to fiddle more with the settings to get it perfect and now I'm worse off and I've forgotten what those settings were. Does HDR really impact the performance that much btw?

SCG_Fenris_Wolf

Yes, HDR impacts performance especially in combination with high clouds/shadows and ultra preset. Have a cloud layer there and see performance tank. 

For Quest 2: As I said before, I cannot give advice on the Quest 2 as I don't have it... I only tested it shortly.

• SCG_Fenris_Wolf changed the title to Spot and ID well! Tricks, fixes, copy/paste settings for SteamVR, Vive Pro 2, Reverb G2, etc.
SCG_Fenris_Wolf

- 10.06.2021 Update

- Added Vive Pro 2 Setup, Vive Console, Settings for SteamVR/IL-2

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

- 10.06.2021 Update

- Added Vive Pro 2 Setup, Vive Console, Settings for SteamVR/IL-2

👍

Good timing for me, much appreciated!

SCG_Fenris_Wolf

- 12.06.2021 Update

- Adjusted SteamVR section, adjusted Vive Pro 2 Vive Console (Motion Smoothing)

P.S. 100% SS is a floating value for the Pro2, so only take absolute resolutions  to compare with others please. Also, HTC has declared that Motion Compensation in the VC is just a setting to set Valve's Motion Smoothing to On/Off. Upon closer inspection no difference can be made out between the two and it seems to be just a trigger to it indeed. Do not listen to the parroting influencers on YouTube, even roadtovr, they are wrong.

Source: HTC's response visible at Babeltechreviews.com "3070ti review, performance test page 5", and yours truly.

BH_Adabadoo_VR
On 2/18/2018 at 2:53 PM, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

(My personal go-to, they allow absolutely the best spotting imho, IL-2 scales correctly here.)

Hide contents

There is a way to enjoy IL-2 in all its glory with Motion Smoothing - while minimizing any artifacts. Yes, the amount of artifacts are drastically reduced with the right settings - why is that?

- Motion Smoothing needs depth information. It doesn't get this from IL-2, so Motion Smoothing works based only on sharpness of the render.

- Motion Smoothing builds accuracy quickly. But not instantly, hence we must avoid it turning on and off all the time.

- In order to maximise Motion Smoothing's accuracy and minimise any artifacts, the picture needs to be as sharp as possible. So let's do that:

1) Set SteamVR SS to 100%, both in the Video Tab and the IL-2's Game Tab.

2) Disable Advanced Super Sample Filtering.

3) Force enable Motion Smoothing! Apply "set Motion Smoothing per application" in SteamVR -> you must get in VR, open SteamVR Dashboard with your Controller, find WMR icon on the bottom-left hand side, and click through the three tabs there). Then in SteamVR's Video tab, go to individual game settings and select "Always On" for Motion Smoothing.

4) Keep HUD disabled as much as possible. Remember the thing about lack of Depth Information? Right! The HUD and FPS counter are at the same distance as that forest from 3km away is! Disable it, a true VR simulator pilot flies by instruments! 

Why aren't you using Mixed reality as the steamVR OpenVR Renderer?  Why aren't you using Mixed Reality for SteamVR's projection controls?  Just curious if you tried them and decided that SteamVR's Render and Motion was better.  My understanding was that Valve and Microsoft worked with HP to make the Mixed Reality renderer and motion projection much better for the G2 together and also work best with it's lenses. I think you'd lose that by switching to Steams render and motion blending??

Thanks!

BH_Adabadoo_VR
On 4/16/2021 at 1:11 PM, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

You can use the oculus debug tool to improve on link performance.  I use both G2 and Quest2.

The quest 2 can approach the G2 in quality but is less efficient to look similar.

I have 1080ti and get 46 FPS with G2 52% res and ULTRA settings with clouds and shadows high using FXAA2.

With Quest same settings shown below it looks 90% almost as good but drops to 41fps.

If I use Balanced and clouds high shadows high I get 60fps with G2 and haven't tested quest this way but I'd imaging it's a 10% drop so say 54fps??

I set the Oculus render multiplier to 1.3x and here are my settings in the oculus debug tool.  This tool can be found in the directories that oculus software installs in.

image.thumb.png.75e263ce419212abf126f5f6d9355d13.png

Currently i'm using a 1080ti so in the G2 my res is 52%.  With the quest2 the steamvr res is 56% ~2320 pixels. With more HP you can up this multiplier and the steamvr % and keep track of the res you use in steamVR and set the encode width to match here.  This looks very good with less chromatic aberration than the G2 but it's not nearly as sharp as the G2 no matter how high you go.  It can get to maybe 90% the G2 but no more.  The G2 when near 100% is very clear in center the lenses are really nice in center.  The Quest2 lenses are much cheaper but for the money it's a great deal and does great room space and so much more.  It's awesome playing Alyx with no wires.

It's awesome doing email in bed or watching netflix or youtube or hulu on your ceiling in bed while not bothering your significant other.  Unless it's funny, in which case you shake the bed trying not to laugh and get kicked.  But for $299 it's a great deal.  Hate Facebook make a burner facebook acount and don't use it for anything.

I'm not giving up my G2 for simming but it is a good all around headset for it's money it's a great step up from last get with LCD rgb and higher res.  Not in the class of G2 or VivePro2 but for $300 it's amazing and I'd say it's a must have with your sim headset.  Great for working out in VR too.

SCG_Fenris_Wolf

- 15.06.2021 Update

- Added Vive Pro 2's How-To disable Automatic Display Resolution and disable Variable Automatic Lighting

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

- 15.06.2021 Update

- Added Vive Pro 2's How-To disable Automatic Display Resolution and disable Variable Automatic Lighting

I seem to be running into an issue, won't let me edit the file due to permissions and I am not sure how to change that.

I am the administrator on this PC.

Edit: Never mind I got it, just copied the file outside of that folder , made the changes, and was able to paste it back in with admin priviledges.

Probably won't get to try it out till tomorrow morning.

Edited by dburne

SCG_Fenris_Wolf

Made the mistake of playing HLA in all its glory but screwed off the Pro 2's headphones and used my Sennheiser PXC 550-II with ANC on. Jesus Christ, I haven't gotten jumped scared like that in a while. 

I forgot how much immersion a good HiFi headset grants. Happier with this than with the off-ear sound of my G2.. Neither the basestations nor the fans of my hardworking computer nor my controllers' buttons were audible anymore. Why didn't I do this with my previous headsets... the bass of a blubbering BMW801 is just crazy.. and nothing can disturb it now :music:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Made the mistake of playing HLA in all its glory but screwed off the Pro 2's headphones and used my Sennheiser PXC 550-II with ANC on. Jesus Christ, I haven't gotten jumped scared like that in a while. 

I forgot how much immersion a good HiFi headset grants. Happier with this than with the off-ear sound of my G2.. Neither the basestations nor the fans of my hardworking computer nor my controllers' buttons were audible anymore. Why didn't I do this with my previous headsets... the bass of a blubbering BMW801 is just crazy.. and nothing can disturb it now :music:

Lol. First thing I did was remove those speakers and used my earbuds plugged into my Creative sound jack.

Not quite the setup you have there for sure, but certainly better overall sound than I would get with those speakers. 

I have done this with every headset I have owned to date. 

And Half Life Alyx - OMG absolutely the best made for VR game period imho. The jump scares are awesome. I have done two playthroughs of it and will undoubtedly start a third here soon with the new Vive Pro 2.

SCG_redcloud111
10 hours ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

15.06.2021 Update

Great, will do. Updated both. Have you noticed Variable Automatic Lighting having any effect? I haven’t noticed any variation in lighting at all.

Edited by SCG_redcloud111

SCG_Fenris_Wolf

Yes I had noticed the Variable Automatic Lightning. I played HLA and it led to some black crush in the darkest areas. It lowers dark areas dynamically and went completely black OLED style but crushed the not so black areas, and had high contrast to the whites - which led to glare. SteamVR's menus are a good example, if you look at them from close and see the white piercing font.

It's a neat trick for Elite Dangerous, and I haven't reached a conclusion yet whether I keep it on or off. Without it, blacks are on G2's level, which is absolutely sufficient.

• Upvote 1

I received an update to the Vive Console Beta this morning - be aware this resets those values so have to go in and change after each update it seems.

• Thanks 1

On 6/13/2021 at 9:37 AM, BH_Adabadoo_VR said:

You can use the oculus debug tool to improve on link performance.  I use both G2 and Quest2.

The quest 2 can approach the G2 in quality but is less efficient to look similar.

I have 1080ti and get 46 FPS with G2 52% res and ULTRA settings with clouds and shadows high using FXAA2.

With Quest same settings shown below it looks 90% almost as good but drops to 41fps.

If I use Balanced and clouds high shadows high I get 60fps with G2 and haven't tested quest this way but I'd imaging it's a 10% drop so say 54fps??

I set the Oculus render multiplier to 1.3x and here are my settings in the oculus debug tool.  This tool can be found in the directories that oculus software installs in.

image.thumb.png.75e263ce419212abf126f5f6d9355d13.png

Currently i'm using a 1080ti so in the G2 my res is 52%.  With the quest2 the steamvr res is 56% ~2320 pixels. With more HP you can up this multiplier and the steamvr % and keep track of the res you use in steamVR and set the encode width to match here.  This looks very good with less chromatic aberration than the G2 but it's not nearly as sharp as the G2 no matter how high you go.  It can get to maybe 90% the G2 but no more.  The G2 when near 100% is very clear in center the lenses are really nice in center.  The Quest2 lenses are much cheaper but for the money it's a great deal and does great room space and so much more.  It's awesome playing Alyx with no wires.

It's awesome doing email in bed or watching netflix or youtube or hulu on your ceiling in bed while not bothering your significant other.  Unless it's funny, in which case you shake the bed trying not to laugh and get kicked.  But for $299 it's a great deal.  Hate Facebook make a burner facebook acount and don't use it for anything.

I'm not giving up my G2 for simming but it is a good all around headset for it's money it's a great step up from last get with LCD rgb and higher res.  Not in the class of G2 or VivePro2 but for $300 it's amazing and I'd say it's a must have with your sim headset.  Great for working out in VR too.

I have few followup questions:

- what's the resolution that you set on your googles, f.e. by using Oculus App

- what do you mean by xx% in steam? xx% on slider, or xx% of resolution set in Oculus App?

Thanks in advance.

SCG_Fenris_Wolf
Posted (edited)

Would doubt that a comparison of a G2 set to low res at 52% to a Quest 2 at 169% x 56% would make much sense. 

It's undersampling one while supersampling the other...

...then saying Q2 would be within 90% of the G2 as a general statement... I disagree. I don't think they'd be comparable regarding the picture. Picture quality of the Q2 was literally my sole focus when testing it. It's better compared to the Index and other gen 1.5s, while the G2 is a true gen 2 class device. 

The Q2 has different use cases and shines with software and portability imho.

BH_Adabadoo_VR
13 hours ago, kostek said:

I have few followup questions:

- what's the resolution that you set on your googles, f.e. by using Oculus App

- what do you mean by xx% in steam? xx% on slider, or xx% of resolution set in Oculus App?

Thanks in advance.

I moved my response here so as not to spam up SCG_Fenris_Wolf's Spotting and Id tips topic.

Hope this helps.

I'll make a video this weekend on youtube.

BH_Adabadoo_VR
10 hours ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Would doubt that a comparison of a G2 set to low res at 52% to a Quest 2 at 169% x 56% would make much sense. 

It's undersampling one while supersampling the other...

...then saying Q2 would be within 90% of the G2 as a general statement... I disagree. I don't think they'd be comparable regarding the picture. Picture quality of the Q2 was literally my sole focus when testing it. It's better compared to the Index and other gen 1.5s, while the G2 is a true gen 2 class device. 

The Q2 has different use cases and shines with software and portability imho.

Hi SCG_Fenris_Wolf.

As a wise man once said above, "Peace Brother"

I love your reviews and find them to be spot on.

But I've pushed the Quest 2 to it's limits and I've pushed the G2 to it's limits I have more to learn about each.

They both easily achieve 20/40.  I've gotten to 20/25 with the G2 pushing it to 6000 pixels and 8x MSAA with TESTHMD.

Not sure what I'll get when I try the Quest 2 with 3696 and 8x MSAA with TESTHMD.  And not sure what I'll get with G2 at 3696 and 8x MSAA.

I still need to test those to be apples to apples.  But both easily achieve 20/40. G2 easily achieves 20/35.  

If you're interested you can read about it here: 

(moved so as not to clog up the spotting tips topic)

This weekend I'll do more work to get to the limits and practical comparison of the G2 vs the Oculus resolution.

No doubt the G2 is better but I stand behind the Quest 2 approaches it when they run at the same pixels.

Thanks!

Blue_Bear
On 2/18/2018 at 11:53 PM, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

If Vive Console was installed normally, go to

If Vive Console was installed via Steam, go to

What are the functional differences? Which source do you recommend?

Regards, Michael

SCG_Fenris_Wolf
On 6/30/2021 at 6:36 PM, Blue_Bear said:

What are the functional differences? Which source do you recommend?

Regards, Michael

Indifferent:good:

Is it still recommended to have HDR off?

(Index 100%SS, 2XMSAA, Extreme everything.)

Blue_Bear

I do not manage to realize an acceptable image with the Vive pro 2. Specifically an issue: Dropped frames that result in a jittery double image (pink lines in the fpsVR performance graph), which occur especially when I look at the instruments, even if the ms for the image buildup are well below 10 for both GPU and CPU.
There is no such thing with my WMR-G1 (WMR 4 SteamVR).
My hardware GPU: RTX 3090, CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM, ...
Maybe someone has something comparable and can help me with their experiences, hints on settings.

Blue_Bear
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, dburne said:

Try disabling Vive's Motion Compensation.

Tried enabled and disabled...

I have just made another test:
Without motion compensation, there are actually fewer dropped frames. However, the image (especially outside the cockpit) still jitters a lot and appears very blurry. Even a lower resolution (Vive-console: High, Balanced, Performance) does not change that. 

The resolution management of the Vive Pro 2 is a big mystery to me.

Edited by Blue_Bear

dburne
Posted (edited)

Have you tried running lower resolution in Steam VR?

I personally find if I can maintain 45 fps even with Motion Compensation off I get a very good experience.

Edited by dburne

Blue_Bear
2 hours ago, dburne said:

Have you tried running lower resolution in Steam VR?

SteamVR-resolution: 100 %.

By this I mean that the vive-console overrides or ignores the steamvr settings.