Jump to content
SCG_Fenris_Wolf

Copy/Paste settings plus ZOOM for best spotting and ID! Odyssey+, Pimax5K+, Rift S, Rift!

Recommended Posts

Hi.

I have this problem with the mod when I zoom 10x and 5x I’ll get som wired zoom so I have to either close one Eye or cross my eyes to se. 

I have tried deleting the mod and downloading it again but the same problem happens. 

 

I have the Rift CV1 

please help me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By coincidence I have a CV1 here right now and just checked, it's working correctly. There must have been a mistake in the installation of the mod on your computer.

 

I can only recommend you to either troubleshoot, or quickest uninstall the game, delete all remains (make sure to backup your input folder before), then reinstall the game, and then install the mod on a clean game, by following the order precisely including calling by F12.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I have just finished adjusting the mod for my new HP Reverb.

I'm still playing with gamma etc to deal with the less bright colors my Odyssey+ provided.

These settings were made without glasses. I'm seeing images better with the Reverb than I was with Odyssey+ and prescription lenses.

user_keymapping_zoom.zip

Edited by Gordon200

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Gordon200 said:

I have just finished adjusting the mod for my new HP Reverb.

I'm still playing with gamma etc to deal with the less bright colors my Odyssey+ provided.

These settings were made without glasses. I'm seeing images better with the Reverb than I was with Odyssey+ and prescription lenses

user_keymapping_zoom.zip 2.45 kB · 1 download

 

Gordon200, I really want to use these settings for my newly-arrived Reverb (v.2) but I have not the slightest how.  I flew fixed-wing military types and civilian airliner but I'm no programmer.   How in the world can I use this (and I'll download the new 3Dmegoto tonight).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TP_Sparky said:

 

Gordon200, I really want to use these settings for my newly-arrived Reverb (v.2) but I have not the slightest how.  I flew fixed-wing military types and civilian airliner but I'm no programmer.   How in the world can I use this (and I'll download the new 3Dmegoto tonight).

Well, I'm an old platoon sergeant and not a programmer either. I would wait for @SCG_Fenris_Wolf or @lefunesteto check out the settings first but I believe replacing the mod file with the same name with my settings would do the trick.

I was working from Odyssey+ settings which were pretty close. Only minor convergence changes were necessary. Have to say with the clarity of the Reverb and 5X and 10X zooms the images are amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@TP_Sparky install 3dMigoto mod, and then search for file "user_keymapping_zoom.ini" in your game folder (my is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game\users_settings). Replace that file with TP_Sparky´s version (after unzip you will find that is the same file). 

 

@SCG_Fenris_Wolf

I like your Pimax 5k+ settings, all except lowest zoom, as it is displaced. You may update it with this value:

 

; low zoom values convergence
global persist $zoomXoffsetLow = 0.25

Edited by Brzi_Joe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2018 at 3:08 PM, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Since 3.001, I also use these settings on "High".

Summary:

 

Presets High

Mirror Medium

Shadows High

Landscape Filter Blurry

Landscape Range 4x

Clouds High

AA 4x

Dyn Res 1.0

Gamma 0.8

HDR 0

SSAO 0

Sharpen 1

4k textures 1

SteamVR SS/PD off

 

Lefuneste's mod installed

5x zoom on one button

10x lefuneste's zoom on secondary button (use JoyToKey to map both to your secondary Joystick Button)

ColorFix at 1.16 (you must edit the w6 variable, then activate it ingame via alt+u).

 

 

Violá :fly:


Fenris,

 

Thanks for all the work you’ve done. I’ve poured over this thread and a few others to get my Index set up. 
 

Are these the settings you’re still using, or have you continued to update the settings in your first post? 
 

A few questions either way, if you don’t mind...

 

- when you say SS off, I’m assuming SteamVR set to 100%?
 

- My system seems fine running up to 150 SS and 4x AA...but a setting like this seems suboptimal for spotting. More SS hurts spotting, got that...does AA hurt as well, or not so much? 
 

- I tend to get ASW kicking in sometimes. I’ve set my Index to 120 Hz so I can maintain at least 60 FPS, which has worked well (unrestricted I’m currently getting 70-80 right now but not a full 90). I don’t mind 60 FPS...is anything about this “hurting” my performance though? 
 

- It sounds like blurred terrain and HDR on / bloom off are some of the biggest aids in spotting that don’t also ruin how the cockpits and the rest of the game look. Is this correct? Seems like this is half the battle...(especially since less SS helps with spotting but worsens ID). 
 

Last issue: sometimes when looking at certain angles (bandit >45 deg off the nose), there’s some double-image that forms (a second bad guy overlapped with the first, semi transparent). I’m not learned enough with graphics to know what this is called, but what is it and any idea on how to fix it? 

 

Thanks again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Pre said:

Anyone...? 😞

 

@SCG_Fenris_Wolf 

Hi,

I have not been using these settings anymore. The post you quoted is from March 2018. I use the settings that are in my first post. I'm not using ingame AA anymore right now.

 

Steam SS percentages are different for every headset. For example: Index' 100% could be equivalent to 150% on a Rift or 30% on the Pimax5K+ (numbers are examples). So there is no way to compare them.

 

With the 5K+, I basically have doubled the amount of pixels, so I apply a multiplier of 2x to the native resolution. You need to look for yourself how much 2x would be on the Index, so unfortunately I cannot tell you.

 

ASW kicks in regularly because the game's pipeline gets bulged by calculations regularly, and even 90Hz cannot be held in an MP environment with quite a few planes around. The game looks better on 80Hz without ASW than on 120Hz with ASW imo. The sun just flickers and bugs out the borders to the cockpit too much and planes show double. I tuned down the Pimax to 64Hz by now and it works pretty well - it holds these 64Hz most of the time at, roughly speaking, 2*3000*3000 pixels.

 

The HDR assumption is correct. However, the first post should only be considered if you use the Mod by Lefuneste (so no more troubles with IDing).

 

The last issue is your ASW/motion smoothing. That's why I don't like it.

 

Hope it could help

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Hi,

I have not been using these settings anymore. The post you quoted is from March 2018. I use the settings that are in my first post. I'm not using ingame AA anymore right now.

 

Steam SS percentages are different for every headset. For example: Index' 100% could be equivalent to 150% on a Rift or 30% on the Pimax5K+ (numbers are examples). So there is no way to compare them.

 

With the 5K+, I basically have doubled the amount of pixels, so I apply a multiplier of 2x to the native resolution. You need to look for yourself how much 2x would be on the Index, so unfortunately I cannot tell you.

 

ASW kicks in regularly because the game's pipeline gets bulged by calculations regularly, and even 90Hz cannot be held in an MP environment with quite a few planes around. The game looks better on 80Hz without ASW than on 120Hz with ASW imo. The sun just flickers and bugs out the borders to the cockpit too much and planes show double. I tuned down the Pimax to 64Hz by now and it works pretty well - it holds these 64Hz most of the time at, roughly speaking, 2*3000*3000 pixels.

 

The HDR assumption is correct. However, the first post should only be considered if you use the Mod by Lefuneste (so no more troubles with IDing).

 

The last issue is your ASW/motion smoothing. That's why I don't like it.

 

Hope it could help


Thank you very much! That was just what I needed to fix some issues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

I'm not using ingame AA anymore right now.

 

This is interesting. I think I'm still using 4x in-game AA. Do you prefer AA through the VR supersampling instead?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I am running RenderQuality=1 and SteamVRSS=90%, which is roughly 200% of the Pimax5K+ native resolution when using parallel projection. 🧐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2019 at 4:18 PM, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

By coincidence I have a CV1 here right now and just checked, it's working correctly. There must have been a mistake in the installation of the mod on your computer.

 

I can only recommend you to either troubleshoot, or quickest uninstall the game, delete all remains (make sure to backup your input folder before), then reinstall the game, and then install the mod on a clean game, by following the order precisely including calling by F12.

I reinstalled the game and followed the instruction. The zoom got a little better but it is still a little bit of Center.

its like I need to cross my eyes to se the zoom straight 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a way to adjust the view horizontal for each eye when I’m zoomed in? Maybe I can fix my problem that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same thing I have. When you zoom in it is like severe cross eyes. I have to close one eye when I zoom too see the cross eye is so bad. The view also lines up higher, so when I zoom in I have to tilt my head up to line up to the target. Odyssey+

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, [1/KG]_Cathal_Brugha said:

Same thing I have. When you zoom in it is like severe cross eyes. I have to close one eye when I zoom too see the cross eye is so bad. The view also lines up higher, so when I zoom in I have to tilt my head up to line up to the target. Odyssey+

I have the rift CV1 but this sounds like the same problem. I tried to reinstall everything and it got a little better but still have to close one eye.

I find it difficult to understand how to change stuff in this mod but if you figure out what’s the problem I would be great full if you cheered it  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems some things have changed, maybe the recent patch. You can dial in the adjusted values and send them to me. For CV1 / Rift S, I rely on what is given to me for the attributes. If no correct values are sent, I cannot include them for others. If they are outdated due to a patch, the old ones will not work correctly. 🙁

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

It seems some things have changed, maybe the recent patch. You can dial in the adjusted values and send them to me. For CV1 / Rift S, I rely on what is given to me for the attributes. If no correct values are sent, I cannot include them for others. If they are outdated due to a patch, the old ones will not work correctly. 🙁

I’m sorry but I don’t understand. How and where can I dial in the values?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For whoever has severe cross eye effect.
I had that as well. Here is how i solved it:
Spawn in parked position.
Open canopy and select some easy to identify item in the vicinity of the plane (I used a radio tower).

Set up low and medium zoom roughly using coarse setting and adjusting keys.
Leave one eye closed, focus the "radio tower" and adjust view in coarse mode. You will see how the image moves to the left or right. Keep adjusting and check back and forth closing one eye and then the other, every time getting back to the "radio tower". If the amount of head rotation you have to do to focus the tower decreases you know you dial in the right direction.
Keep going until the required head movement gets less and less. As soon as you dont actually have to move your head anymore and have the item in view of both eyes you can leave both eyes open and keep adjusting in this direction until the image gets clear.

I hope i managed to put that in words in a helpful way since english is not my native language.

 

Greetings

 

Winger

Edited by Winger
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry if I'm in the wrong section, but with the new update today (P-51, P-38 and Tempest) I no longer have 3D migoto zoom or my gunsight. Anyone else have this issue? It works fine using my head tracker. I'll uninstall 3D migoto until it's updated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's normal for each patch. It's written in the main post this isn't working right now. This one will be a biggie and take a while. 

 

Lefuneste said he will be hunting shaders at least till next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to Test HTC  VIVE COSMOS ?! & Pimax 5k+

‘Any one has tried the VIVE COSMOS ? Some news ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very small question: are startup. Changes for Pimax/Pitool users still the same with newest update? I use them exclusively & sort of fine tune with a couple of the in game settings recommended. I love all that we have going with the update but have noticed a  slight drop in FPS : about 8-10 or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

 

There is so much conflicting information out there that I could really use some clarification. If I understand the situation as it stands now, SS causes the game to not render distant targets well or at all, and the best settings for spotting and target ID are:

 

SteamVR

SS: 100% (no SS) 

No Advanced Supersample Filtering 

 

Oculus

No ASW

1.0 (no SS) 

 

In game

AA: 0

Landscape filter: blurry

4K textures

Sharpen: ?? 

SSAO: ?? 

 

Please correct me if I'm wrong, and I would appreciate info on SSAO and the Sharpen checkbox. Also, is it only SteamVR SS that causes contact rendering issues? Should I use SteamVR SS at 1.0 and then increase Oculus SS as far as my system can handle? 

 

I think turning off ASW in the Oculus Debugging Tool took care of the blurry, doubled contacts. But I am struggling to solve the flickering/half there, half not there appearance of contacts that are more than 0.5km or 1km or so away. Unless the contact is pretty much in guns range, it's seems... Off. I know it will take practice and that's fine, but I can barely see and track it if I'm, say, 1000m above. It isn't so much that the rendering is tiny, it's that it just doesn't appear to be "right". 

 

For reference, I am running a Rift S with an i7-9700k, DDR4 3200mhz and RTX 2070 Super. I finally moved on from my 2700k and DDR2. 😁

 

Hopefully someone can clear up the settings confusion once and for all, and then I can just know that it's as good as it can be and practice from there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The conflicting information exists because the information changes depending on what timestamp it was taken.

 

This monday things changed again - radically so. So the cards are shuffled anew again.

 

Targets don't scale too small at range anymore. Instead they seem too large, and get smaller when using VRzoom.

 

Only the first post in this thread gives actual information, as it's being kept updated regularly. The posts within the thread are a history of what was.

 

 

That said, I haven't gotten to udpate the first post yet. I will update the first post tomorrow. I have to spend some more time spotting, especially high alt targets - lows seem to be no issue.

Use as much SS as you want, it will not hinder your spotting 😁 Try 100km horizon draw distance and blurry landscape filter. Sharpen is a yes. SSAO is a no, takes quite some performance you could put into higher SS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

The conflicting information exists because the information changes depending on what timestamp it was taken.

 

This monday things changed again - radically so. So the cards are shuffled anew again.

 

Targets don't scale too small at range anymore. Instead they seem too large, and get smaller when using VRzoom.

 

Only the first post in this thread gives actual information, as it's being kept updated regularly. The posts within the thread are a history of what was.

 

 

That said, I haven't gotten to udpate the first post yet. I will update the first post tomorrow. I have to spend some more time spotting, especially high alt targets - lows seem to be no issue.

Use as much SS as you want, it will not hinder your spotting 😁 Try 100km horizon draw distance and blurry landscape filter. Sharpen is a yes. SSAO is a no, takes quite some performance you could put into higher SS.

Awesome, thanks for replying! I think this is where I ended up after testing of my own. As usual, the community doesn't disappoint. I'll be very interested to see your results. 

 

I assume AA is still a no if using SS? 

 

Does it matter anymore if the SS is applied through SteamVR or Oculus? Is Open Composite still significantly better than SteamVR in terms of performance headroom? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think this is a continuation of comments regarding changes after the recent hotfix .The settings that I used from here in Pimax Pitool & Startup had worked great until the hotfix yesterday ,then everything dropped in quality,  especially in distant objects , but even in aircraft next to me on any airfield. Landscapes tend to sparkle or have moray effects.In exterior views of my own aircraft I get jagged edges on straight lines , like wings especially when white clouds are in the background. I’ve tried just about everything : first redoing startup with changes to all the needed files including the two new ones ; I’ve added the 8192 number to VRsetting which I had added before the recent upgrade but it had somehow disappeared so I added it to this now larger /changed folder/file. After this didn’t change much I tried some changes in game pushing Ultra in general settings & shadows hoping these changes would sharpen things up,Also tried reducing distance settings to 70 and hitting 2x to that setting.Tried sharpen off & on. Did everything on Pitool you suggest except for color settings which I didn’t seem to have a slider to adjust (?)These changes have made some difference, but  unless I put the sweet spot directly on say the instrument panel most things out of the cone of vision are not clear .I’m not back to the quality of just three days ago.

Am I right to blame the hotfix for this? Is there anything I have done ( or shouldn’t have done ) to get back to a sharp presentation?

giphy.gif

Edited by Blitzen
added info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HTC VIVE COSMOS not working in IL2 BOX right now or I do not know . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am happy to announce the new hotfix that just 5 minutes ago downloaded & installed thru Steam. has all my clarity problems stamped:

( nice quick work devs!)

download.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

I am happy to announce the new hotfix that just 5 minutes ago downloaded & installed thru Steam. has all my clarity problems stamped:

( nice quick work devs!)

download.png

Oooo awesome! I can't wait to hop in and check it out! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are a couple lines in the startup.cfg file that I have never been able to decipher and enhance for VR:

 

draw_distance = 0.27400

far_blocks = 1

or_ca = 0.00000

 

I am not sure what the draw_distance applies to. Vehicles? Buildings?

 

As far as far_blocks and or_ca.... i have no idea. Anyone know?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone post Odyssey+ settings for the new mod version?  I’m having issues setting convergence on my own for some reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fenris. I am confused about the the Pimax link too. I assumed you would have named the new one 14.0_Pimax5k+. Should we use the current 13.1.1 to work with the new update?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello I was trying to set my Steam VR. To the "Nerf setting" refered to and mine is no longer there. I had set it a couple weeks ago and went to check since the new update and it is no longer refured to in the file it looks like this :

 

 },
   "steamvr" : {
      "allowSupersampleFiltering" : false,
      "background" : "#FF000000",
      "enableHomeApp" : false,
      "haveStartedTutorialForNativeChaperoneDriver" : true,
      "installID" : "15438061805594438081",
      "lastVersionNotice" : "1.8.9",
      "lastVersionNoticeDate" : "1570244519",
      "mirrorViewGeometry" : "556 172 720 400",
      "startMonitorFromAppLaunch" : false,
      "supersampleManualOverride" : true,
      "supersampleScale" : 0.95999997854232788

 

 

??????????????????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

That is weird. I had changed the link and replaced it. No idea how that went wrong, maybe I closed the browser too quickly afterwards.

 

It's fixed now.

 

Rift S, Index, and Odyssey+ have been updated as well. The convergences of them have been sent to me by the authors I give credit too. If a convergence is not working for yours, please let me know and if you can, send me adjusted ones.

 

 

P.S. The SteamVR setting was recently removed it seems, but I don't know if it's still anywhere. I just added the line to be sure. They change versions more often than a girl socks.

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...