SCG_Fenris_Wolf

Copy/Paste settings plus ZOOM for best spotting and ID! Odyssey+, Pimax5K+, Rift S, Rift!

Ah, very good. So I only have to exchange the files in ..\user_settings and the d3dx_user.ini. Thanks a lot for the info!

Does anyone already have optimized settings for the Valve Index?

• Upvote 1

as above comment - will this mod work with the valve index or reverb?

1 hour ago, mac2244 said:

as above comment - will this mod work with the valve index or reverb?

It should work, you just need to tweak the convergence settings for zoom. Or Fenris might be able to post working settings for newer HMDs with time. But it's pretty much doable on your own by checking the instructions on the mod's main page.

If you dial in good Index settings please send them to me, I will include them into a pack, so people can just copy&paste using them! Please make sure to dial them in when closest to the lens, as angular error becomes more visible and thus the result will be more precise (please don't use glasses). Then others can benefit easier from it as well, thank you 😁👍

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Yes, please.  I would really appreciate it if someone here shares his optimized settings for the Index.  Unfortunately, I do not get it to make the optimizations in the game.

Edited by Pikas_62

Posted (edited)

Excuse me for disturbing, but i cannot find graphic preset for Rift CV1 and Vive/VivePro anymore. Will it be added back to the topic?

Edited by Pipa_VR

Hi,

you can use the same as for the Samsung Odyssey, they are (AM)OLED screens as well 👍

Posted (edited)

Hey @SCG_Fenris_Wolf, thanks for your effort. I am experiencing an issue in the latest update:

After using the Odyssey settings it says:

image.png.d72b7078e26a25f6032b24a925f7754a.png

Thanks

Edited by E69_Qpassa_VR

53 minutes ago, E69_Qpassa_VR said:

Hey @SCG_Fenris_Wolf, thanks for your effort. I am experiencing an issue in the latest update:

After using the Odyssey settings it says:

image.png.d72b7078e26a25f6032b24a925f7754a.png

Thanks

I believe this is just because you have some old settings still in a config file. Hit F12 when you see the message, and it will go away, and it should not come back. Even with the error it should cause no actual problems, Migoto mod will work fine.

• Upvote 2

May I ask a simple question, maybe directed also to the devs? Forgive me if this has been asked before:
Why dont the devs simply implement additional ZOOM functionality for VR-users. Also adding snap views to VR would be nice.
Why not give the VR guys the same tools the headtracking users get?

4 hours ago, Winger said:

May I ask a simple question, maybe directed also to the devs? Forgive me if this has been asked before:
Why dont the devs simply implement additional ZOOM functionality for VR-users. Also adding snap views to VR would be nice.
Why not give the VR guys the same tools the headtracking users get?

One of the developers recently asked what would make a VR zoom more usable, so it’s most likely on their “todo” list. In the meantime we have the awesome mod from Lefuneste to help us.

Posted (edited)
On 7/15/2019 at 8:31 PM, Alonzo said:

One of the developers recently asked what would make a VR zoom more usable, so it’s most likely on their “todo” list. In the meantime we have the awesome mod from Lefuneste to help us.

Nice, thanks for the headsup.
Ya i use the Lefuneste Mod. But having it built in would be more comfortable.
Could you point me to the thread where the dev asked?I have some suggestion to make regarding comfortable zoom.

Edited by Winger

hello everyone, first of all 3Dmigoto is an awesome mod and I thank all that put time into it to both create and optimize it. I run with a Rift and I have trouble with the ZOOM fonction. I downloaded the settings for the Rift in the first post but it doesn't seem to change anything when I log into the game. As instructed I deleted everything I had to replace before replacing, cancelled the F12 screenshot fonction in Steam and reinitialized the .ini by pressing F12 once the game is started yet the convergence and where the zoom look is all wrong. 

What's worse, it seems that no matter what I try to do in game to adjust the ZOOM no fonction works? Some help would be highly appreciated, the ZOOM is great but it's next to impossible to spot a player's aeroplane the way the ZOOM is setup right now. 

Thanks for your time guys!

Posted (edited)

I wonder what happened there, I might have to remove the Rift and Rift S versions alltogether.

I've had several people sending the same values to me, claiming they'd work.

Now you are the second person to mention that the Rift value wouldn't work. You're also the second person to mention that the functions in the mod do not work (to get the convergence, etc).

The only difference I could spot is that the issues appear with people who may not use SteamVR, but the Oculus/OpenOVR/OpenComposite. No idea though if that's a lead. I know the two guys that sent me the Oculus values use SteamVR though, I've set their stuff up before using TeamViewer.

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf

7 hours ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

I've had several people sending the same values to me, claiming they'd work.

Now you are the second person to mention that the Rift value wouldn't work. You're also the second person to mention that the functions in the mod do not work (to get the convergence, etc).

The only difference I could spot is that the issues appear with people who may not use SteamVR, but the Oculus/OpenOVR/OpenComposite. No idea though if that's a lead. I know the two guys that sent me the Oculus values use SteamVR though, I've set their stuff up before using TeamViewer.

Here's the settings file I'm using for the Rift S with OpenComposite. I didn't get this from your thread but from someone directly in the Migoto mod thread, I think. I would only take the 5x value as "tested" though, I don't use the 10x zoom. Maybe this can help you track down the problem.

d3dx_user-alonzo.ini.txt

Yes, the structure had changed again from the previous 3dmigoto mod version with lefuneste's last mini-patch. Thank you. Sorry, there's no documentation on the changes, I'm simply glad it's getting updated by lefuneste and we have a guy like him. Thanks Alonzo. I will take the files down until I can redo them.

21 minutes ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Yes, the structure had changed again from the previous 3dmigoto mod version with lefuneste's last mini-patch.

Well, it was not supposed to change anything for  VR settings...I wonder what I have done...

It's all right, I'm just as confused. See, by values of the variables alone I actually have used the very settings that Alonzo posted. They must have found their way to him - they are downright equal to the last six digits behind zero.

What changed was just this, from this:

Spoiler

[Constants]
$ipdxoffset = 0.00400000000
$binocularmask = 0
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomxoffsetlow = -0.0179999992
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomyoffsetlow = -0.0319999978
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\maskhorizoffsetlow = -0.0320000015
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomxoffsetmed = -0.138498992
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomyoffsetmed = -0.269000143
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\maskhorizoffsetmed = -0.010999999
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomxoffsethigh = -0.320000917
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomyoffsethigh = -0.601497591
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\maskhorizoffsethigh = -0.00450000074
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\ipdxoffsetvalue = 0.00400000000
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\ipdmode = 0

to this:

Spoiler

[Constants]
$ipdmode = 0
$binocularmask = 1
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomxoffsetlow = -0.0179999992
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomyoffsetlow = -0.0319999978
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\maskhorizoffsetlow = -0.0320000015
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomxoffsetmed = -0.138498992
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\maskhorizoffsetmed = -0.010999999
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomyoffsetmed = -0.269000143
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomxoffsethigh = -0.320000917
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\maskhorizoffsethigh = -0.00450000074
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomyoffsethigh = -0.601497591
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\ipdxoffsetvalue = 0.00400000019

, but as you see, the variables stay with the same names, the only thing different variable is ipdxoffset which has vanished in the latter. It is probably not your fault at all, didn't mean to give that impression. I'm still wondering why some report it works, some report it does not work. I suspected OpenComposite to be the aggressor, as I got the values confirmed by a Rift S user that used SteamVR. Shame I got no Rift S to test it. Aside from reuploading it with the latter, not much I can do.

It might also be that people don't install it properly and then look for help here. I have been into modding regarding Rome 2 (Divide et Impera), it was crazy what human ingenuity can do to mess up even copy&paste mods.

Many apologies for the late reply but I simply uninstalled the mod and reinstalled it then removed the required folders and installed the Rift package before ever starting the sim. I'm happy to report that zoom is a bit off centered but much better than before (maybe it's a difference between Rift and CV1?) haven't tried though if the controls work for adjustment will get back tonight. 

On 7/31/2019 at 6:23 AM, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Rift S and Rift CV1 are different headset mate ;)👍

Indeed they are, but I don't have a Rift S I have a Rift ;) and the first post specify Rift but when you download the file it is titled RiftCV1 which is the developing kit and there seem to be a pretty big difference between the CV kit and the original retail version. 

Anyway, I was able to adjust the zoom and even though it isn't perfect, especially the 10x zoom, it is much better and very usable now. 

Thanks for your help guys and this tool is such a must for VR users, I can't stress it enough!!

2 minutes ago, Luriael said:

Indeed they are, but I don't have a Rift S I have a Rift ;) and the first post specify Rift but when you download the file it is titled RiftCV1 which is the developing kit and there seem to be a pretty big difference between the CV kit and the original retail version. 

Anyway, I was able to adjust the zoom and even though it isn't perfect, especially the 10x zoom, it is much better and very usable now. 

Thanks for your help guys and this tool is such a must for VR users, I can't stress it enough!!

Actually DK1 and DK2 were the Developer Kits, Rift CV1 is the retail version. Then Rift S is the updated version.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, dburne said:

Actually DK1 and DK2 were the Developer Kits, Rift CV1 is the retail version. Then Rift S is the updated version.

oups, thanks for the clarification!

What happened to the Rift settings. I can only See Pimax and Oddessey settings in the first post.

Hey Guys, I still am struggeling to get my convergence settings right for the index.
For some reason the "on the fly" Adjustment doesnt work for me. If i press the shorcuts while holding the zoom button nothing happens.

1 minute ago, Winger said:

Hey Guys, I still am struggeling to get my convergence settings right for the index.
For some reason the "on the fly" Adjustment doesnt work for me. If i press the shorcuts while holding the zoom button nothing happens.

they are very little adjustments, you need to press them A LOT to make any improvement. What I did is I flew a quick mission in a Yak against a Ju52.. flew to the distances I thought I would use my zoom and then paused the game to adjust. But like I said, it takes a lot of key strokes

hey, thanks for the reply. Yes. Found that out too and have a good setting now.
What i dont seem to get right is the convergence of the goggle convergence.  No matter what i enter the goggles always seem to be at the same position.
This is the line i have to change - right?:

"global persist $maskHorizOffsetMed = 5.0"

14 minutes ago, Winger said:

What i dont seem to get right is the convergence of the goggle convergence

maybe you are too far or too close for your medium zoom? If I set my 10x zoom properly for a 6k target when I get up close and personal the convergence will be all messed up. Do you mean the focus point instead, where you will look straight at a target and when you do a zoom it seems you focus low and to the left? If so I never got it fixed either with my Rift CV1. The dev just post a setting in the original thread for the mod for me to try but I'm not at home, will try tonight. 

Posted (edited)

I cannot seem to get the convergence of the target circle right. Nothing happens when i press the buttons to adjust it.
Ill probably just leave it out.

EDIT: After hours of fiddeling i got the low and medium zooms somewhat useable. Still working on the High Zoom.
Does anyone have some setting for the index that I can have?

Another thing that I would love to know: Can I somehow increase the amount of rotation from 20° to say 40° (Lokleft/right) function of lefuneste Mod.
Somewow it doesnt seem to matter wich number i enter in the $cosview $sinview variables.

Nevermind regarding the FOV rotation- Just found that regarding the 20°:

FoV rotation of 20° to help "check six" in VR
Activated  by "END" key for left view and "PAGE DOWN"key  for right view.
Rotation is limited to 20° because of optimization of IL2 engine : object farther are not computed.

Edited by Winger

This is great, thank you so much!

Is it possible to use the kneepad as an actual kneepad, with a fixed position on your lap rather than it being right in front of you? 

• Upvote 1

On 2/18/2018 at 11:53 PM, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

### For Samsung Odyssey or Odyssey+ or Rift S ###

Hide contents

{
    "driver_Holographic" : {
        "renderTargetScale" : 3.0
    },
        "driver_Holographic_Experimental" : {
         //  "motionReprojectionMode" : "auto",

// Motion reprojection doubles framerate through motion vector extrapolation
        //     motionvector = force application to always run at half framerate with motion vector reprojection
        // "motionReprojectionMode" : "motionvector",

// Automatic motion reprojection indicator to display the mode currently selected
        //     green      = off because application can render at full framerate
        //     light blue = on because application is cpu bound
        //     dark blue  = on because application is gpu bound
        //     red        = off because application running at less than half framerate
        // "motionReprojectionIndicatorEnabled" : true,

// Some people may experience increased discomfort such as nausea, motion sickness, dizziness,
        // disorientation, headache, fatigue, or eye strain when using thumbstick controls in Windows Mixed Reality.
        "thumbstickControlsEnabled" : false,
        "thumbstickControlsReversed" : false,
        "thumbstickTurnSmooth" : false,
        "thumbstickDeadzone" : 0.25
    },
    "NoInterEyeRotation" : {
        "DOOMVFRx64.exe" : true
    }
}

Hi Fenris, is this still up to date ?
Since last WMR update, the "rendertargetscale" line has disappeared from my .ini file. Is this normal or should I add it manually ?

Posted (edited)

Thank you, this was for pre-1903, I have now removed the line. I am not using WMR anymore, and it might have changed. Upon consulting old friend Google a bit about it, you want to make sure that you have Windows10 version 1903 and their patch https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4507453/windows-10-update-kb4507453  installed.

Always keep it uptodate.  👍

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf
  • Thanks 1

Thx a lot for sharing Winger! Will try it when I‘m back home from vacation.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

And a tip on adjusting views.
I had the problem that i didnt know when there was actually something happening when i pressed the shortcuts to change convergence etc.
Pressed my hands wound and hardly didnt see any change if at all. Until i noticed that you can change between coarse and fine settings.
So here is my Tip on how i finally managed to set everything up properly:

First go to small 1.5 zoom and press the combo for coarse adjustment and then the shortcuts for convergence adjustment of the goggles. You will pretty fast see if something happens.
You can then do the rough setup of the goggles and the actual convergence. While doing so you will get used to the shortcuts.
Then work your way over the middle to the 10x zoom.
And dont forget to adjust the height. For me the height was VERY far off. Hard to keep track of a contact if it jumps up and down when changing zoomlevels.

This worked for me.

Edited by Winger
  • Upvote 1