SCG_Fenris_Wolf

Copy/Paste settings plus ZOOM for best spotting and ID! Odyssey+, Pimax5K+, Rift S, Rift!

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 10:43 AM, Durafen said:

My initial rift s settings.

I will refine it  more in the following days.

d3dx_user.txt 1.2 kB · 13 downloads

Rename the file to ini extension and copy it to bin/game/

After several hours of screwing around with the settings myself I gave up to wait for someone smarter than me to figure it out.

Thanks Durafen! This works great! I owe you a few beers.

He, Fenris. How do you feel about the move from Odyssey+ to Pimax? I am thinking of skipping the Pimax and going for an Index. 

Posted (edited)

Optimal settings, zoom mod, binocular convergences for IL-2 for the Pimax5k+

Hey guys,

### First things first - it is important that you manually remove the old mod before going to the new structure. Please be advised ;) ###

...... cut out, edited, deleted, stamped, bye.

### Remember, this will work until Me262 is released. Then we will get graphical issues and must wait for an updated Mod! ###

Best regards

Fenris Wolf

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf

3 hours ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

1. PiTool settings

General: no change

HMD: Render Quality 1.0, then link both settings for both eyes: Then put in Contrasts +2 , Brightness -1

Brainwarp: Smart Smoothing off, Fixed Foveated Rendering off, Parallel Projection on, Vive game only on, Field of View NORMAL, Refreshrate 90Hz (or 72 for less spikes and less CPU demand)

2. SteamVR, disable "Advanced Supersample Filtering" (found under "Developer"). Put Steam's SS manually to 90% for 2080ti and 66% for 1080ti. If your card is overclocked, ramp it up as much as you feel possible.

Try pitool at 2.0 and Steamvr SS at 20%. Same output resolution and fps, but better image quality. It looks like pitool is doing more than SS regarding the quality settings...

5 minutes ago, lefuneste said:

Try pitool at 2.0 and Steamvr SS at 20%. Same output resolution and fps, but better image quality. It looks like pitool is doing more than SS regarding the quality settings...

Thanks sooooo much for these tips-will give them a try when I get back to my PC tomorrow & fully install Pimax 5K!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, lefuneste said:

I'll give it a try tonight again and update the post. I had tried it before and found no difference, but it was a long day before.

I upped the "maxRecommendedResolution": 8192 of SteamVR in step 1., so maybe that was why there may have been no difference to see. Will check it out and keep you uptodate, thank you.😀👍

On 2/18/2018 at 11:53 PM, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

P.S. Samsung Odyssey seems to have a slightly too small world scale. I assume the Odyssey+ as well, but not 100% sure on that. Check your shoulders - does the Bf-109 cockpit cut into them? If yes, do this: To adjust worldscale properly, you can open "...\il-2 sturmovik battle of stalingrad\bin\game\d3dx.ini" with Notepad. Search (CTRL+F) for x6. You will find x6 = 0. Change it to x6 = 0.005. Restart the game. To compare in-game, press ALT + Left Arrow Key multiple times.

Hi, do you know if this is still valid?
I own an O+, and I find my 109 cockpit a little small, but I'm 1,93 m tall, so I guess it could be a normal thing. How could I check the scale ?

It is still too small.

The scale is false if you feel it cuts into your shoulders at the sides. Or that no "presence" establishes when in VR. There's a "presence" feeling that comes to be when you are in the right scale, especially at 90Hz.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/10/2019 at 10:51 AM, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Hey guys,

### First things first - it is important that you manually remove the old mod before going to the new structure. Please be advised ;) ###

[...]

Thanks a lot Fenris Wolf. That post helped me a lot.

Edited by Pikas_62

Posted (edited)
On 6/10/2019 at 11:27 PM, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

It is still too small.

The scale is false if you feel it cuts into your shoulders at the sides. Or that no "presence" establishes when in VR. There's a "presence" feeling that comes to be when you are in the right scale, especially at 90Hz.

Has the key (Alt+ left key) changed since the new mod version came out? I can't get it to work...

Edited by [CPC]Giledhil

There is currently no mod that works.

Since the Me-262 patch, we'll have to wait for a mod update.👍

• Thanks 1

Good news everyone!

GoodNewsEveryone.png.10330e7262e9ce37c7279f7cbb5bdc8f.png

Lefuneste has updated the Mod. The first post has been updated and contains uploads of a preset of the entire Mod for Odyssey+ and Pimax5k+, already including the proper convergences.

• Thanks 2

There has been noted that the Shaders for the Mirrors are not corrected yet. Lefuneste has stated he knows about it, so there'll be another Hotfix coming soon.

Please be advised that mirrors in this mod never have and will not ever work while zoomed in, due to how the Shaders operate.

Posted (edited)

Hey, Fenris. I saw your post in the 3Dmigoto forum that you adjusted world scale. Can you post for me just the code and in which file it goes so that I can adjust cockpit size? I used your optimization files, but then did some very minor tweaks on each zoom level. So, I'd rather not uninstall and reinstall everything.

Also, I pretty much have been following your thread and tweaking my system according to your specs across the board, such as your Il2 config .ini and even my overclock settings. All works great at 4.9ghz, an overclocked 1080ti, no AVX,  with overclocked RAM, etc. I do prefer to have motion reprojection on auto though. It seems to make things smoother for me when the framerates drop.

Thanks!

Edited by redcloud111-vvs
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

\bin\game\d3dx_user.ini

Spoiler

$ipdxoffset = 0.00400000000
$binocularmask = 0
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomxoffsetlow = 0
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomyoffsetlow = 0
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\maskhorizoffsetlow = 0
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomxoffsetmed = 0.25
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomyoffsetmed = 0
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\maskhorizoffsetmed = 1.0
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomxoffsethigh = 0.65
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomyoffsethigh = 0
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\maskhorizoffsethigh = 1.0
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\ipdxoffsetvalue = 0.00400000000
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\ipdmode = 1

$ipdxoffset = 0.00400000000

and

$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\ipdxoffsetvalue = 0.00400000000

re-initialize using F12 once👍

Posted (edited)

It works perfectly now. I mostly want it when flying the JU52. That cockpit looks huge in VR, and is awesome. Can I assume that you have reinserted this code into the files you are posting at the top of the thread? Thanks!

Edited by redcloud111-vvs

I installed the pupil distance utility some time ago and indeed the red/green pattern does appear when I reboot my PC.While wearing my Pimax headset I try adjusting the pattern using the Pimax dial.My problem ? The pattern shows up more or less clear and turning the dial one way or another doesn’t seem to make much if any difference. This is coupled with trying to adjust headstraps and keeping foam cushion in place from one use to another ( my replacement headstrap should arrive early this week and this may solve the problems I’ve had...)So what am I doing incorrectly?

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the files @SCG_Fenris_Wolf, although it doesn't really work on my setup (on O+).
Zoom still need a little tweaking, and Alt+Left keys to change worldscale seems to do nothing.
I used the files in the first post; any idea why? Maybe zoom values doesn't apply because Worldscale tweaking doesn't work?

Edited by [CPC]Giledhil

Posted (edited)

You need to initialize the user file with F12 once, after installing the mod. Thanks for pointing it out, I will add that.

Please also make sure to have removed all old files of older versions of it before you copy&paste in the latest one.

The IPD modifier should be working. During the various versions, the keyboard shortcut had been flipped around, which I didn't notice had happened.

It should be ALT-DELETE.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

By any chance, does someone have a comprehensive list of what changes the graphic presets ("low"/"balanced"/"high"...) really apply to the game?

Edited by [CPC]Giledhil

8 hours ago, [CPC]Giledhil said:

By any chance, does someone have a comprehensive list of what changes the graphic presets ("low"/"balanced"/"high"...) really apply to the game?

Far from comprehensive, but the most important is that it changes the size of the bubble around you how far the scene looks better. High setting means bigger bubble, low setting smaller bubble.

PS: It's good that this is not work because if someone asked me a comprehensive list there and I would start to talk about big bubbles and small bubbles, probably I would soon be free to play a lot of IL-2.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, HunDread said:

Far from comprehensive, but the most important is that it changes the size of the bubble around you how far the scene looks better. High setting means bigger bubble, low setting smaller bubble.

PS: It's good that this is not work because if someone asked me a comprehensive list there and I would start to talk about big bubbles and small bubbles, probably I would soon be free to play a lot of IL-2.

Need to be clear this has 0 effect on aircraft spotting distance, or ground target distance, buildings and trees are another story.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

So i downloaded the one for the O+, 13-1 VRBOS Odyssey, but only have 2 toggles for the gun sight. On and off, I press Alt K and it will not cycle. Am I missing something here. 

Thanks. 

From original post:

//  - turn crosshair off/on using Alt-K

As historical, there's no other option but this. Also, the crosshair is being shown in both eyes, as historically as well. The only stray from history is that you got binoculars now. I'd rather take away zoom from both VR and 2D-monitor players though, with only shakey binoculars at 2x being available to anyone.

Where would I go so i can put it to the right eye only. I prefer that setting. 

I would rather have a VR only server  if we are gonna give opinion on what we want. After playing both, Track IR give a much greater advantage to looking behind you than VR. 

I think I messed up, had the mod then got a later version. In vr everything still looks pretty good. On the client seeing lots of shader error messages. Is there a way to fix this without uninstall and re-install everything ?

Posted (edited)

Many thanks for all your help here & esp the 5K settings for Startup cfg .I can throw away your old Rift settings I'd been saving!😎

507cdbc6fcca6e781f681367511e999d.jpg.gif

Edited by Blitzen
missplelling
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Herne said:

I think I messed up, had the mod then got a later version. In vr everything still looks pretty good. On the client seeing lots of shader error messages. Is there a way to fix this without uninstall and re-install everything ?

Yep. You did not delete the older mod before installing the new version. 

You had been warned (in my post and in lefuneste's) 😉 

Now it'll be more difficult, you'll need to walk through your directory and delete the old files manually. Look at the old mod zipfile you had before, and the new one. Delete both accordingly in your game dir. Then reinstall the new version

Just now, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Yep. You did not delete the older mod before installing the new version. 

You had been warned (in my post and in lefuneste's) 😉 

yes, i wasn't sure how and should have asked. So complete re-install now in order ?

No need for a full reinstall if you fish out the files and folders from \bin\game. Look at my post above 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

No need for a full reinstall if you fish out the files and folders from \bin\game. Look at my post above 

Worked a treat. thank you.

any special instructions for adjusting from cv1 settings to rift-S ?

• Upvote 1

What a fine piece of work to share with others. I see you talk about, I guess the newest hardware and vr headsets. If I only have a gtx 1060 and occulus cv1, can i then use any of these settings or this mod?

3 hours ago, -47-Fritz_or_Ivan said:

What a fine piece of work to share with others. I see you talk about, I guess the newest hardware and vr headsets. If I only have a gtx 1060 and occulus cv1, can i then use any of these settings or this mod?

Yes! With a 1060 and a CV1 you are probably in 45 FPS ASW mode most of the time (which is fine, I find it totally playable like that). Migoto mod lets you zoom in to ID distant enemies, and some of the graphical settings here help with FPS. You should also consider dumping SteamVR in favor of OpenComposite -- it goes direct to the Oculus APIs and gives you a little bit extra performance.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, -47-Fritz_or_Ivan said:

Yes regarding the settings, as said above, CPU is very important. Alonzo's recommendation will help too :)

Regarding mod: Currently, I'm afraid no - regarding the mod zoom. This zoom convergence is for Rift S. But it is possible, I must put in the Rift's convergences. I may get time to set up a version for the Rift CV1 during the weekend. 

2 hours ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Regarding mod: Currently, I'm afraid no - regarding the mod zoom. This zoom convergence is for Rift S. But it is possible, I must put in the Rift's convergences. I may get time to set up a version for the Rift CV1 during the weekend. 

The "old" numbers from a previous version of the mod work well for the Rift CV1. They were in a different file I think. Unfortunately since I've upgraded to the S I think I nuked all my old settings.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Fenris, as lefuneste released the 13.1.1 version of his mod that fixes Me262 sight. Can we mix this new version with the version downloaded from your first post with your optimized settings (for me: Pimax 5k plus / 13-1_VRBOS_Pimax5k+.zip)?

Edited by Pikas_62

You can keep all user files for this version. Only shader files and d3dx.ini should not be mixed.

• Upvote 1