SCG_Fenris_Wolf

Copy/Paste settings for best spotting and ID! Odyssey+, Pimax5K+, Rift S, Reverb!

Posted (edited)

Blitz. I removed the copy and paste I posted, per Fenris' request, because some of those elements might cause problems (they are user specific). Have you tried deleting steamvr.settings (I see you made a copy), opening steam vr, letting the file get rebuilt, then trying pitool? I  have done this several times before after messing up the file. I would then go back and re add specific lines to "steamvr" :

According to Fenris' guide, you then need to add:

"allowSupersampleFiltering" : false,

"maxRecommendedResolution" : 8192,
      "supersampleScale" : 0.25

(I will have to ask Fenris, but notice how he also has "supersampleManualOverride" : true, in there as well. I think that might be a requirement. Maybe it gets written automatically.)

I would then try pitools to start Il2.

Is that not working?

Edited by SCG_redcloud111

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, SCG_redcloud111 said:

Blitz. I removed the copy and paste I posted, per Fenris' request, because some of those elements might cause problems (they are user specific). Have you tried deleting steamvr.settings (I see you made a copy), opening steam vr, letting the file get rebuilt, then trying pitool? I  have done this several times before after messing up the file. I would then go back and re add specific lines to "steamvr" :

According to Fenris' guide, you then need to add:

"allowSupersampleFiltering" : false,

"maxRecommendedResolution" : 8192,
      "supersampleScale" : 0.25

(I will have to ask Fenris, but notice how he also has "supersampleManualOverride" : true, in there as well. I think that might be a requirement. Maybe it gets written automatically.)

I would then try pitools to start Il2.

Is that not working?

I’ve just done a fresh install of the game and of course will change the startup files as per advice here. 

As for the SteamVR file it seems to revert over & over to the default settings each time I actually start Steam VR ,ALWAYS through the newest Pitool.

Red Cloud I will try your idea...hopefully it will solve this persistent problem...

OK! That worked!It was a matter of doing things in the right order.Starting Ptool using it to go to SteamVr and then going to make the changes in Config./steamvr file....then starting sim with Pitool.I checked back with Config./steamvr after leaving game and the changes were still there! So success I guess I just have to keep the Pitool going ,huh? ( BTW do you still recommend NOT using Ferris's additional lines in steam vr file???)

Now some of my clarity resolution issues have re-surfaced after this newest download, so I guess I'll have to play a bit with in=game settings & startupcfg.Too bad it was really great before 4.005...sigh..

Thanks guys

Edited by Blitzen
added info

Posted (edited)

He did not "not recommend additional lines in steamvr file". He was referring to not copy and pasting random things from a screenshot, but altering only the lines that I mention specifically. Also, my username is Fenris. I really want to help you but you must double check your spelling, especially when editing files too. If you inject a single line that SteamVR does not know (with a spelling mistake or a typo or a missing semicolon or comma), the entire file will reset. It's fail-safe.

Follow the algorithm I had written all along - it's in the OP. 

It says everything you just have stated regarding the order of execution.

And: There is no change in 4.005 regarding clarity, VR settings, or anything in the game client. It's perfectly fine. :coffee:

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf

Thanks so much for your help..clearly the time that the additional lines had to be added was quite important.🕛

12 hours ago, Blitzen said:

BTW do you still recommend NOT using Ferris's additional lines in steam vr file???)

Blitz I never recommended this. You misunderstood, as Fenris just noted.

Fenris' guide clearly states what lines need to go in steamvr. He does not recommend the other elements because some of those are user specific, as far as I understand it, and may cause conflicts. Anyway, glad it worked! (The confusion began when I showed you my copy and paste and received a very prompt response from Fenris to erase that or suffer latrine duty.)

Bottom line: work through his guide slowly and with care and it will work. He calls this process his algorithm. It works. (Also, I just recently realized I hadn't done something correctly, and he explained the issue and where in the guide to look, and now I can spot pixels against a clear sky at 15k.)

Got it! Thanks for your help .It really straightened things out!😉

• Thanks 1

Hi guys! Pimax 5K+ owner here.

Been out for a while and somehow my steamvr. settings file has changed to the standart one, and my fps dropped drastically. 

I don't get exactly what modifications has to be done to this file again. My bad. 

So, could someone share it to just do a copy paste of the hole file? 

Thx!!

Xavier, see the first post in this thread from @SCG_Fenris_Wolf. (Fenris does not recommend anyone copy and pasting the entire file.) Instead, reveal the hidden comments in step 2, where he details what should go in the steamvr file.

From the post:

First of all: Please stay away from SteamVR's BETA channel. It's not meant for the player, often bugged, and often performs worse, and regularly deletes your settings.

If you select normal/wide FOV for the Pimax, you may have noticed a sharp loss in clarity. No matter what you do, the picture stays pixelated. SteamVR limits to the maximum resolution of 4096, which is too small for a Pimax.

Step by step guide to bump this up! 

0. Turn SteamVR off.

1. Go to C :\Program Files (x86)\Steam\config\steamvr.vrsettings    (if it is not there, then look at C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\openvr\steamvr.vrsettings)

2. backup steamvr.vrsettings , then open it with Notepad++.

3. Scroll down, set "maxRecommendedResolution" : 8192,  

4. Set "supersampleScale" : 0.25  and "allowSupersampleFiltering" : false,

1602611125_Anmerkung2020-04-10000122.png.4407932c35efa2bc505c43985d69167b.png

5. Do not touch anything else. Save and exit. Start SteamVR!

6. In SteamVR's settings, you should see a rendered resolution of roughly ~ 2440x2104 now. If it is larger, reduce PiTool's RQ to 1.75. PiTool versions and Pimax 5K+ versions are inconsistent here! Dial in as close as you can by using PiTool's Rendering Quality slider. Turn SteamVR off.

7. You start IL-2 by using the PiTool library! Keep Steam on, but do not start SteamVR manually.

Exactly, never copy & paste. That would reset your file. Only change individual values by yourself.

Guys,  thx for you answers. And sorry for the misunderstanding.

The problem is that my actual vrsettings file is like this:

"DesktopUI" : {
      "pairing" : "888,451,800,600,0",
      "settings_desktop" : "772,792,800,600,0"
   },
   "GpuSpeed" : {
      "gpuSpeed0" : 1014,
      "gpuSpeed1" : 1023,
      "gpuSpeed2" : 1021,
      "gpuSpeed3" : 1021,
      "gpuSpeedCount" : 4,
      "gpuSpeedDriver" : "26.21.14.4587",
      "gpuSpeedHorsepower" : 1019,
      "gpuSpeedRenderTargetScale" : 0.39999997615814209,
      "gpuSpeedVendor" : "NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080",
      "gpuSpeedVersion" : 2
   },
   "LastKnown" : {
      "HMDManufacturer" : "Pimax VR, Inc.",
      "HMDModel" : "Pimax 5K Plus"
   },
   "dashboard" : {
      "position" : 0
   },
   "openvr.tool.steamvr_environments" : {
      "motionSmoothingOverride" : 0,
      "resolutionScale" : 100
   },
   "steam.app.307960" : {
      "motionSmoothingOverride" : 2
   },
   "steamvr" : {
      "background" : "#FF000000",
      "installID" : "XXXXXXXXXXXX
      "lastVersionNotice" : "1.11.11",
      "lastVersionNoticeDate" : "1587179453",
      "showAdvancedSettings" : true,
      "showMirrorView" : false,
      "showPerfGraph" : true
   }
}

So there's no line with "maxRecommendedResolution" , "supersampleScale" OR "allowSupersampleFiltering" .

My question is, which lines and where in the file have to be added?? Just this three?

If i remember correctly 6/9 months ago when I followed this instructions and everything worked fine, there were about 10? lines to be added, but maybe I am wrong.

I'm not sure what to do reading previous posts here. 

Thx for your patience

You need to start up SteamVR first, go into its settings, look left hand bottom to check "show" for advanced options, then go to the Videosection and enable global manual override for SteamVR's SS, pull the slider once. You can enable or disable "Advanced Supersample Filtering" in the options there as well somewhere. You need to flip them once to trigger the line in the code.

I expected this was already the first thing people would do when experimenting with their VR headsets , that it was clear 😅

does anyone have any settings for the cv1 ? my mate uses one, but the rift S settings give him problems with zoom i think

It's an old device. He might be best of hitting ALT-F9 , to dial in the convergence by himself, then press F12 to save. You may also want to tell him that some IPD changes require fine adjustments as well, so there's always a remaining bit to do by himself anyway.

Hi.  I've been reading and trying to make sense of these threads but I'm quite lost.

My son gifted me his original Oculus Rift this past Christmas.  He set it up for me on my system before he left for an overseas posting.  Somehow, I managed to delete Steam and of course IL-2 went with it.  I've reinstalled Steam, Oculus Rift, and IL-2 but I haven't been able to figure out how to install the mod.  I can play but the OR graphics is not as good as it was.  Can anyone point me in the right direction in getting OR working best on my rig?  (Win 10 / i7-4790k / GTX 1660 Super / 16GB RAM / 1TB C-drive). I've got the latest version of 3Dmigoto (18.1.1). Tnx.

Can someone confirm for me that the 17.0.1 versions (Rift S in particular) in the first post still function properly with 18.1.1?

TIA!

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, BrainFreeze said:

Hi.  I've been reading and trying to make sense of these threads but I'm quite lost.

My son gifted me his original Oculus Rift this past Christmas.  He set it up for me on my system before he left for an overseas posting.  Somehow, I managed to delete Steam and of course IL-2 went with it.  I've reinstalled Steam, Oculus Rift, and IL-2 but I haven't been able to figure out how to install the mod.  I can play but the OR graphics is not as good as it was.  Can anyone point me in the right direction in getting OR working best on my rig?  (Win 10 / i7-4790k / GTX 1660 Super / 16GB RAM / 1TB C-drive). I've got the latest version of 3Dmigoto (18.1.1). Tnx.

Hello BrainFreeze.

I have a very similar rig to yours and have to use ASW with my Oculus Rift CV1, but I find I can have the settings higher than some people might expect...

I use Oculus Tray Tool to set ASW as always on at 45fps

I also use Open Composite instead of Steam VR, but personally haven't seen much of an improvement in fps with the switch to Open Composite

I found that the default clouds on 'Balanced' setting were 'boiling' and it looked awful, so I use Coconut's 'High Quality Clouds in Low preset' MOD, which is very simple to set up and use.

Here's my rig specs:

Intel i5 6600k 3.5Ghz (no overclock)

RAM 16Gb DDR 2100Mhz (no overclock

M.2. SSD 120Gb

GeForce GTX 1060 6Gb (no overclock)

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster T.16000m

Saitek Throttle Quadrant

With ASW set to 45 and SS of 1.0 in Oculus Tray Tool I use these game settings

Settings - Balanced

Screen Res. - 1024x768

Shadows - Medium

Mirrors - Simple

Distant Landscape Detail - x4

Horizon Draw Distance - 100 Km

Landscape Filter - Blurred

Grass Quality - Normal

Clouds Quality - High

Target FPS - Off

Antialiasing - 2

Gamma - 0.8

Full Screen

Enable VR HMD

Sharpen

Use 4k Textures

With these settings and MODS I got great visuals, good performance (ASW always on), fps mostly in the 40 - 45 range, sometimes 35 -38 over towns, but very smooth when compared to SS of 1.2 in that there was no juddering and choppy-ness. Considering that my Rig is only just about good enough for VR, I guess I am happy with the results.

Since there was a recent patch upgrade to the game, the developers have sorted out the propeller disk artefacts that were aparant when running Rift with ASW on. So now I don't use 3D Migoto mod.

I hope this helps.

Algy-Lacey

• Like 1

The mod works great with the index. Thank you !

I'm having difficulty assigning 5x and 10x zoom to my joystick and I'm hoping  someone can provide me advice.

I've tried mapping the key to a button for 5x zoom in CH control manager and joytokey and I cannot get either of them to work in game.  The assigned key works ingamne  using the keyboard (I had to change the zoom from home key) but I have had no luck getting it to map to button 3 on my ch fighterstick.

I've watched videos on youtube for mapping keys using either of these programs but I've not found any which are particularly useful.

Any suggestion?

19.02.2018 в 01:53, SCG_Fenris_Wolf сказал:

MOD LINKS REMOVED, the mod will reappear in its next iteration with lowered strength and without 2D support.

when will it appear?

need for Rift S

9 hours ago, thrila said:

I'm having difficulty assigning 5x and 10x zoom to my joystick and I'm hoping  someone can provide me advice.

I've tried mapping the key to a button for 5x zoom in CH control manager and joytokey and I cannot get either of them to work in game.  The assigned key works ingamne  using the keyboard (I had to change the zoom from home key) but I have had no luck getting it to map to button 3 on my ch fighterstick.

I've watched videos on youtube for mapping keys using either of these programs but I've not found any which are particularly useful.

Any suggestion?

Thrila, if you haven't tried this yet, add the "HOLD" command just before the keyboard command in your CM Editor (assuming you are using CH Control Manager).  In my case my 5X Zoom's command is HOLD KBHOME (I changed in game settings Default VR View from Home to KP5 so it won't conflict with this)

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, huligan said:

when will it appear?

need for Rift S

Hi, 

the new version is out and I will update and upload new presets today before European evening. Have a nice Saturday! 😁

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Charlo-VR said:

Thrila, if you haven't tried this yet, add the "HOLD" command just before the keyboard command in your CM Editor (assuming you are using CH Control Manager).  In my case my 5X Zoom's command is HOLD KBHOME (I changed in game settings Default VR View from Home to KP5 so it won't conflict with this)

Thanks, I've mapped zoom to my stick now.

The challenge I have no is adjusting the convergence so both images are the same in each eye.  I'm using a laptop with so keys such home, pagegup aren't on my keyboard but require me to hold shift and use one of the numbers of the keyboard.  I need to find a way to remap the keys for convergence etc because i cannot use the default keys because for example home key for me is shift+7.  This means global convergence is shift + shift +7 which  doesn't work nor any of the other default keys for convergence/divergence.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, thrila said:

... home, pagegup aren't on my keyboard ...

You may use any usb keyboard to set migoto, later you do not need it any more. Borrow one, or buy cheap

hey guys im also having the problem with not being able to see all the options in the vrsettings file i am using a pimax 5k+ this is what my file looks like in notepad++

"DesktopUI" : {
      "pairing" : "888,451,800,600,0",
      "settings_desktop" : "1495,618,800,600,0"
   },
   "GpuSpeed" : {
      "gpuSpeed0" : 1336,
      "gpuSpeed1" : 1357,
      "gpuSpeed2" : 1338,
      "gpuSpeedCount" : 3,
      "gpuSpeedDriver" : "26.21.14.4587",
      "gpuSpeedHorsepower" : 1343,
      "gpuSpeedRenderTargetScale" : 0.39999997615814209,
      "gpuSpeedVendor" : "NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti",
      "gpuSpeedVersion" : 2
   },
   "LastKnown" : {
      "HMDManufacturer" : "Pimax VR, Inc.",
      "HMDModel" : "Pimax 5K Plus"
   },
   "openvr.tool.steamvr_environments" : {
      "resolutionScale" : 20
   },
   "steam.app.307960" : {
      "disableAsync" : false,
      "resolutionScale" : 100
   },
   "steamvr" : {
      "background" : "#FF000000",
      "installID" : "-------------------------",
      "lastVersionNotice" : "1.11.12",
      "lastVersionNoticeDate" : "1589495196",
      "overlayRenderQuality_2" : 0,
      "showAdvancedSettings" : true,
      "supersampleScale" : 0.40000000000000002

On 2/18/2018 at 11:53 PM, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

The producer has stated the discussion of the Mod is suspended. The mod itself was not banned yet from our understanding, but no more talk about it. We'll await their decision.

Hi, so I`m new to Il. Been triing to get mi VR to work for the last week. I always get two results. First the graphic quality is really bad and I cant see instruments, have some shimmering or find enemy planes, or I get to see all the instruments and spot planes but have stuttering. Mi system isn't showing ant bottlenecks. I even bought FPSVR and it shows stedy fps. I tried with Oculus Tray tool, fiddled with steam VR setting I dont get a solution that is acceptable for a sim game and I`m comparing it to the graphics with DCS ant War Thunder. I know DSC graphics are better and spotting in WT is different so you can see planes 10km away but in IL2 I cant see planes 1km away or if I go for settings so I can see them I have stuttering and shimmering. 

With Gamma fix i cant see instruments in planes like P38 as it gets too dark and leads to problems of armored front screen being too dark etc...

I see on all the forums its common place to have "huge" problems with VR in IL2.

In DCS all works perfectly and it worked from the moment I started up the game. War thunder also has no problems.

Anyway finally to mi question. i think mi last hope is Migoto MOD. So I cant find the new or current version to download.

Can I get a link or maybe can somebody point me in the right direction for a fix to this. I tried all the different settings I could find on the forums. I`m at the point of begging Steam to give me a refund as I bought almost all the modules and planes in one go :( And I`m not going back to Track IR for IL2 even if its such a good game....

Mi specs are:

aorus Z270X-7

Intel i7 7700K overclocket to 4,9gHz stable and running up to 70c

Gforce GTX 1080ti 12gb ram

2x 16gb DDR4-3600MHz ram

2xSSD 960 EVO one for WIN and one for games

VR Oculus rift 

Any help really appreciated as i`m writhing here hoping for some help as a last resort.

Thank you in advanced

Posted (edited)

@dburne is the expert on Oculus headsets afaik. 

The mod you mentioned we cannot discuss right now, we must wait until the producer Jason Williams has decided what to do with it. It doesn't do anything about the performance though, so much I can tell you.

You want to ideally use OpenComposite instead of SteamVR, and adjust your Rift's settings. Best to ask dburne or other Oculus users.

Also, it is best if you only buy the basegame through Steam - then you can use Steam Servers for updates. Then register with the page - and buy all additional content on the il2sturmovik.com page, so the money goes straight to the Devs. Steam takes a big chunk of the cake for themselves!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Otofishbox said:

Hi, so I`m new to Il. Been triing to get mi VR to work for the last week. I always get two results. First the graphic quality is really bad and I cant see instruments, have some shimmering or find enemy planes, or I get to see all the instruments and spot planes but have stuttering. Mi system isn't showing ant bottlenecks. I even bought FPSVR and it shows stedy fps. I tried with Oculus Tray tool, fiddled with steam VR setting I dont get a solution that is acceptable for a sim game and I`m comparing it to the graphics with DCS ant War Thunder. I know DSC graphics are better and spotting in WT is different so you can see planes 10km away but in IL2 I cant see planes 1km away or if I go for settings so I can see them I have stuttering and shimmering. 

With Gamma fix i cant see instruments in planes like P38 as it gets too dark and leads to problems of armored front screen being too dark etc...

I see on all the forums its common place to have "huge" problems with VR in IL2.

In DCS all works perfectly and it worked from the moment I started up the game. War thunder also has no problems.

Anyway finally to mi question. i think mi last hope is Migoto MOD. So I cant find the new or current version to download.

Can I get a link or maybe can somebody point me in the right direction for a fix to this. I tried all the different settings I could find on the forums. I`m at the point of begging Steam to give me a refund as I bought almost all the modules and planes in one go :( And I`m not going back to Track IR for IL2 even if its such a good game....

Mi specs are:

aorus Z270X-7

Intel i7 7700K overclocket to 4,9gHz stable and running up to 70c

Gforce GTX 1080ti 12gb ram

2x 16gb DDR4-3600MHz ram

2xSSD 960 EVO one for WIN and one for games

VR Oculus rift 

Any help really appreciated as i`m writhing here hoping for some help as a last resort.

Thank you in advanced

Fist thing to try is Open Composite rather than Steam VR.

You can get it here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/9nxixe/systemwide_installation_for_opencomposite_released/

Easiest is to choose the system wide install, then just use the switcher for when you want to play IL-2. Just change the switcher from Steam VR to Open Composite, then 

you can close the Open Composite program and not need it again unless you want to switch back to Steam VR for any reason.

Do not install any mods at all for this part.

You should be able to set your graphics on high, and chose "sharpen" in the filter. AA at 2x.

In Oculus Tray Tool, set a profile for IL-2 and choose SS at 1.2 or 1.3.

In Nvidia Control Panel, set power management to " Prefer Maximum Performance" for IL-2.

Below are my graphics settings. Pay no attention to VR being unchecked, I did it go grab the screenshot on my monitor:

gm7ML9K.jpg

Edited by dburne
  • Thanks 3

Thanks dburne!

You might want to mention to him your system specs though too.. i9 9900k CPU @ 5.2 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3200 MHz. 👽

I need a new CPU too.. 😁

So let me get this straight.  We now have no useful zoom (as of today's update) for VR because 2d guys were exploiting it? But they keep their default zoom?  Aint that some shit....

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, =BES=Senor_Jefe said:

So let me get this straight.  We now have no useful zoom (as of today's update) for VR because 2d guys were exploiting it? But they keep their default zoom?  Aint that some shit....

That's exactly it! Oh the irony...

Edited by SCG_Meka

2 hours ago, =BES=Senor_Jefe said:

Sorry, no that's completely false. The Zoom mod you are talking about does not work because we changed the renderer, not because we have taken any steps to stop it from working. But yes, it's become a polarizing issue, one that we did not create nor ask for. I've addressed this issue in another thread. When I have something more to say about the issue I will. Until then, please take this discussion elsewhere.

Jason

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

On topic. My tests tonight showed the best personal balance for spotting was:

MSAA 

Multi Sample 2X

Anti aliasing Gama Off in NVCP - Seems to help give far contacts more contrast with MSAA

Post Sharpen ON

Advance Super Sample Filter ON

Using a Valve Index at 150% SS. 

This gives me the best balance between spot the dot and being able to identify the type of contact as they get larger. Aliasing makes plane identification quite a bit harder for me. If I only cared about spotting 1 pixel contacts at as far a distance possible I would use NO AA and no Super Sampling. I wish there was a way to exclude contacts that are only a few pixels large from the AA pass. This would help a ton with the contrast extinction small targets experience. 

My tests included:

MSAA at 2X and 4X multi-sample vs FXAA at 2X and 4X multi-sample vs Those 4 settings with Gama Correction ON vs OFF vs Multi-sample 0

NVCP Sharpening filter seemed to have no or little effect VS In game post sharpen ON

My test ground was Lapino clear at noon, air spawning in two flights of FW190 at 500m with contacts 10km face to face at 1500m I used 4x mustangs and 4x tempests and paused the game before they grew closer. 

Performance seems to have improved slightly. All my previous settings are the same.

Spoiler

[KEY = graphics]
    3dhud = 0
    adapter = 0
    bloom_enable = 0
    canopy_ref = 1
    desktop_center = 0
    detail_rt_res = 4096
    draw_distance = 0.20000
    far_blocks = 0
    fps_counter = 0
    fps_limit = 0
    full_height = 2740
    full_width = 2468
    fullscreen = 0
    gamma = 1.00000
    grass_distance = 0.00000
    hdr_enable = 0
    land_anisotropy = 1
    land_tex_lods = 3
    max_cache_res = 1
    max_clouds_quality = 3
    mgpu_compatible = 0
    mirrors = 2
    msaa = 1
    multisampling = 1
    or_ca = 0.00000
    or_dummy = 0
    or_enable = 1
    or_height = 2740
    or_hud_rad = 1.50000
    or_hud_size = 0.75000
    or_ipd = 0.06755
    or_sipdc = 0.00000
    or_width = 2468
    post_sharpen = 1
    preset = 1
    prop_blur_max_rpm_for_vr = -1
    rescale_target = 1.00000
    shadows_quality = 3
    ssao_enable = 0
    stereo_dof = 5.00000
    vsync = 0
    win_height = 1136
    win_width = 2048

Edited by driftaholic
  • Like 1

This is mental, VR users are at a massive disadvantage over monitor players, even with the extra zoom!

-We cannot head-check like Track IR users

-Due to the limits of current VR technology, our resolution is much lower, which can be negated by using supersampling, at the trade off being spotting.
-most VR rendering systems offer no way to change Gamma/Brightness, which depending on situation can make spotting a lot harder.
-VR performance is always going to be lower due the the higher overheads of running VR.
-Objects behind the propeller and the propeller itself turn into a laggy jagged mess when ASW kicks in, or frames drop. The mod's ability to turn of the prop render boosts FPS massively, and makes the effects of frame drops and ASW much less noticeable.
-The ablity to modify Gamma/Colour balance gives VR users access to something anyone with a monitor can do.
-The 20 degree head turn was a neck saver, and is nothing compared to the owl neck capabilities of track-ir users.

Unless the mod is allowed for VR users, or the Devs implement similar features into the core game, I can't see myself and many other VR users coming back to the game, Which is disappointing as I really enjoyed the direction the game was heading.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Jason_Williams said:

Sorry, no that's completely false. The Zoom mod you are talking about does not work because we changed the renderer, not because we have taken any steps to stop it from working. But yes, it's become a polarizing issue, one that we did not create nor ask for. I've addressed this issue in another thread. When I have something more to say about the issue I will. Until then, please take this discussion elsewhere.

Jason

Thank you for the clarification, Jason, it is appreciated.

2 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Jason

I agree with Jason, please no more discussion on this topic until some news is given. Currently that's just blowing in the wind.

• Upvote 1

Thank you Dburne for the help, Ill try it out and hope it works :)

8 hours ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Thanks dburne!

You might want to mention to him your system specs though too.. i9 9900k CPU @ 5.2 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3200 MHz. 👽

I need a new CPU too.. 😁

So I`m guessing mi rig is not strong enough to handle better settings in IL2?

What seems strange to me is mi gpu / cpu dosent get 100% load while i`m playing so i always assumed it was an optimization problem on Il2 part. As a small reference with DCS i can almost get 0 stuttering or fps drop on max settings in VR. When I want to enjoy the beauty of DCS i go all settings to max and can fly around with a few frame drops here and there....

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, WFPK-fishbox said:

Thank you Dburne for the help, Ill try it out and hope it works :)

So I`m guessing mi rig is not strong enough to handle better settings in IL2?

What seems strange to me is mi gpu / cpu dosent get 100% load while i`m playing so i always assumed it was an optimization problem on Il2 part. As a small reference with DCS i can almost get 0 stuttering or fps drop on max settings in VR. When I want to enjoy the beauty of DCS i go all settings to max and can fly around with a few frame drops here and there....

I would drop too "balanced" from "high" this is the biggest impact on cpu render time that I have found. Your welcome to try the settings I posted, Even at 40KM draw distance I have no problem with navigation. I have a 2080TI and a 3800X and my settings are quite a bit lower than dburne's. I posted where I am as of today's update. Maybe give it a try, I would even lower the clouds a notch and the draw distance from there to reach a mostly solid 80fps. You'll still struggle on the ground or over cities.  

Edited by driftaholic

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Jason

Let's hope we can find a fix for the problem..... Till then I'll probably take a break from this game.... 

Edited by J5_HellCat_

6 hours ago, c6_lefuneste said:

I agree with Jason, please no more discussion on this topic until some news is given. Currently that's just blowing in the wind.

Know what else is blowing in the wind?  VR users ability to play the game.  Not talking about it is dismissing an issue that will send people away from this game, already kneecapping an already niche user base.

What it feels like, after constantly being censored, is that we are being cut loose to blow in the wind, while the rest of the users move on unimpacted.

At this point I'm so frustrated that I can't even express it well enough.  

TL;DR - I don't want to be told "ha, sucks to be you.  But stop talking about how much money you spent on a paperweight."

• Upvote 2