SCG_Fenris_Wolf

Copy/Paste settings for best spotting and ID! Odyssey+, Pimax5K+, Rift S, Reverb!

I've had the Reverb only for a very short time and it was a first batch, which was kaputt. So I couldn't find the right settings for it.

I assume it is important to match the vertical resolution to 2160 pixels (no supersampling needed on these amazing screens), and go without ingame AA (!! this is what makes aircrafts disappear above forest/land !!). This would be the first 2 things I'd set up. The third is to play with SteamVR's "Advanced Supersampling" on/off, and see what pictures looks better without grain. A fourth question is, does a 4K headset need "Sharpen"? Play around with "Sharpen" on/off in Quick Mission with enemy aircrafts 10km away and above you, and see what makes spotting easier, and what you like best. 😁👍

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

I've had the Reverb only for a very short time and it was a first batch, which was kaputt. So I couldn't find the right settings for it.

I assume it is important to match the vertical resolution to 2160 pixels (no supersampling needed on these amazing screens), and go without ingame AA (!! this is what makes aircrafts disappear above forest/land !!). This would be the first 2 things I'd set up. The third is to play with SteamVR's "Advanced Supersampling" on/off, and see what pictures looks better without grain. A fourth question is, does a 4K headset need "Sharpen"? Play around with "Sharpen" on/off in Quick Mission with enemy aircrafts 10km away and above you, and see what makes spotting easier, and what you like best. 😁👍

Really appreciate the detailed response Fenris, thank you. 

49 minutes ago, capt_nasties said:

the spotting is alot more difficult after the new release in VR for sure.  @QB.Creep

hmm, interesting - anything else you know about why? have you made any tweaks to your configuration? are you still using your Reverb?

@SCG_Fenris_Wolf Your advice was spot-on. I removed the supersampling that I had configured in Steam VR (Windows Mixed Reality for Steam VR beta, to be precise): 

• Settings > General > Render Resolution > "Auto"
  • Settings > Video > Render Resolution > "Auto"
  • Settings > Video Per Application Video Settings > IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad > Custom Resolution Multiplier > "2276 x 2224 100%" (default)

In the game settings, I turned off AA and tried sharpen on and off. I don't think it makes a tremendous difference, but decided that off made contacts slightly more visible at approximately 2k range. Currently using 0.9 gamma (up from 0.65000 set manually and locked in startup.cfg). From the 15 minutes I spent playing around with these settings in Berloga and quick missions, I believe there is a noticeable improvement. 

If anyone else has an HP Reverb, please try these settings out and let me know if you like them better than your current settings. If you don't, please tell me what your settings are! 😄

• Upvote 1

yeah i still use my reverb I have not messed with settings since my video   ***EDIT I run AA at 2 not 4 on the reverb, everything else is the same, this pic was from my rift CV1 settings***

steam VR SS.PNG

IL2 VR settings.PNG

Edited by capt_nasties
  • Upvote 1

Hi,

i have been messing around with my Reverb setting aswell.

i have this :

3dhud = 0
    adapter = 0
    bloom_enable = 0
    desktop_center = 1
    detail_rt_res = 1024
    draw_distance = 0.54500
    far_blocks = 1
    fps_counter = 0
    fps_limit = 0
    full_height = 1080
    full_width = 1920
    fullscreen = 1
    gamma = 0.90000
    grass_distance = 0.00000
    hdr_enable = 0
    land_anisotropy = 2
    land_tex_lods = 3
    max_cache_res = 1
    max_clouds_quality = 3
    mgpu_compatible = 0
    mirrors = 1
    multisampling = 0
    or_ca = 0.00000
    or_enable = 0
    or_height = 2161
    or_hud_rad = 0.85000
    or_hud_size = 0.85000
    or_ipd = 0.06499
    or_sipdc = -0.00000
    or_width = 2209
    post_sharpen = 0
    preset = 3
    prop_blur_max_rpm_for_vr = -1
    rescale_target = 1.00000
    shadows_quality = 2
    ssao_enable = 0
    stereo_dof = 5.00000
    vsync = 0
    win_height = 1080
    win_width = 1920

So no aa no sharpen no nothing. 

But still i'm having a very hard time spotting planes against the sky.

I don;t expect increased SS to make a difference.

Any ideas?

Greetings

7 hours ago, MrBlindspot said:

So no aa no sharpen no nothing. 

But still i'm having a very hard time spotting planes against the sky.

I don;t expect increased SS to make a difference.

Increased AA/SS makes spotting harder, in fact, because it smushes pixels. Try sharpen on, that will increase local contrast around contacts. Also try HDR on (but use the config file to switch off Bloom, the UI won't let you do that combo directly).

• Upvote 1

Hi There,

Yeah, without AA/SS and with sharpen and HDR on the spotting gets a lot better.

Thanks Dude!!!

• Like 1

Could someone share their settings if you have the rift s.  Planes are vanishing into the ground and spotting is almost impossible.  I have been messing with the CFG and put what the OP post told me to copy and paste. I saw something about rebinding keys for zooming? I just thought zoom was the + key.  Also I have no idea how to change the SS in steam VR, all I see is the slider for the resolution percentage, I put mine at 136% assuming that is what the OP meant. 

23 minutes ago, fitchace123 said:

Could someone share their settings if you have the rift s.  Planes are vanishing into the ground and spotting is almost impossible.  I have been messing with the CFG and put what the OP post told me to copy and paste. I saw something about rebinding keys for zooming? I just thought zoom was the + key.  Also I have no idea how to change the SS in steam VR, all I see is the slider for the resolution percentage, I put mine at 136% assuming that is what the OP meant. 

I can't help with this mod as I do not use it, but I would make a suggestion.

Consider trying Open Composite for your Rift S, rather than Steam VR. It has less overhead and should give better performance - it is leaner and meaner than Steam VR.

This third party program will allow you to switch the compositor from Steam VR to Open Composite.

I use it and it works great with IL-2.

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/9nxixe/systemwide_installation_for_opencomposite_released/

I use the Oculus Tray Tool available here , to set things like SS and power options along with audio switching.

I use the in game VR zoom and VR-recenter bound to buttons on my HOTAS.

I am sure someone will be along to help clarify your questions on using the Mod.

Edited by dburne

7 hours ago, dburne said:

I can't help with this mod as I do not use it, but I would make a suggestion.

Consider trying Open Composite for your Rift S, rather than Steam VR. ....

That's a good suggestion. I assume people can translate SteamVR's SS settings to Oculus' PD. @fitchace123 Regarding the mod, you need to read the original post thoroughly. Everything you seek regarding the Mod to zoom is in there. 👍 

@c6_lefuneste , I play on pimax 5k+ with large fov. I have problem lately when zooming, with techno-chat messages on right side and also with chat messages on left side.

When in zoom, those messages are shifted with each eye differently, and mostly they obstruct 1 eye when looking straight. Yesterday I was searching enemy ships on sea; I flew generally in their direction, and almost constantly zooming and checking in front of me. 

But all the time I had either chat messages in left eye, either techno-chat in right eye. It was really annoying after a few minutes.

Take a look here: film_link 

That movie in pimax looks much worse, as text obstructs a lot of my frontal vision.

Can you please make chat and techno-chat to go somewhere else when zooming? Or at least to be visible with booth eyes when zoomed? Thanx

PS: Question for other pimax users, do you see same problem with normal fov? 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Brzi_Joe said:

@c6_lefuneste , I play on pimax 5k+ with large fov. I have problem lately when zooming, with techno-chat messages on right side and also with chat messages on left side.

When in zoom, those messages are shifted with each eye differently, and mostly they obstruct 1 eye when looking straight. Yesterday I was searching enemy ships on sea; I flew generally in their direction, and almost constantly zooming and checking in front of me. 

But all the time I had either chat messages in left eye, either techno-chat in right eye. It was really annoying after a few minutes.

Take a look here: film_link 

That movie in pimax looks much worse, as text obstructs a lot of my frontal vision.

I'll have a look, but I think I did not zoom the GUI because of convergence problem. I'm not sure.

There is already an option to toggle on/off technochat in the mod. So at least you can hide it, you will still have chat messages but they are less intrusive.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

@Brzi_Joe

il2 folder/data/startup.cfg open with Notepad++. Find these lines under [KEY = graphics]

or_hud_rad = 0.75000
    or_hud_size = 0.90000

- increase horizontal distance with or_hud_size

- or_hud_rad bends the chat around your center

You can actually have the hud expand and bend around you instead of having it at the front. And make sure you have Parallel Projection turnt off, might interfere (assumption, no time to test that right now).

On 2/19/2020 at 7:48 AM, Brzi_Joe said:

I don't experience that issue. Which is good news, as it means it's merely a settings problem you can fix.

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf
  • Like 1

Thank you Fenris_Wolf, I made it huge :)

I remember that I couldn´t read messages with oculus rift, this trick may help people with low pixel density.

My values:

or_hud_rad = 1.15000
    or_hud_size = 1.35000

• Upvote 1

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 7:48 AM, Brzi_Joe said:

I can confirm that it is OK in the smal FoV. I'll have a look for other FoV.

Edited by c6_lefuneste

On 2/12/2020 at 8:36 AM, dburne said:

Consider trying Open Composite for your Rift S, rather than Steam VR. It has less overhead and should give better performance - it is leaner and meaner than Steam VR.

This third party program will allow you to switch the compositor from Steam VR to Open Composite.

I use it and it works great with IL-2.

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/9nxixe/systemwide_installation_for_opencomposite_released/

I use the Oculus Tray Tool available here , to set things like SS and power options along with audio switching.

I use the in game VR zoom and VR-recenter bound to buttons on my HOTAS.

dburne, I am also just trying to set up my rift s, and am confused about installing Open Composite; In 'The best settings for VR FEB 18TH?' thread you instructed Rhino-1936.... "Once you get it up and running a bit in Steam VR, then we can talk about Open Composite as an alternative to Steam VR. But I don't want to throw too much at ya at one time."

Should I follow the Steam install you laid out in that thread, or would it be better just to start with Open Composite? I too have a more challenged set up and your comments about 'less overhead and should give better performance...' apply to me very much. I am not very confident about trying to install Open Composite without some guidance, so would you give a outline of how to go direct with OC? Or if you still recommend I follow the Steam as initial install and then switch over I will go that route, but hopefully there is some info here in the forum as to how to go about doing it. Thank you for whatever guidance you might provide.

8 hours ago, pugo3 said:

dburne, I am also just trying to set up my rift s, and am confused about installing Open Composite; In 'The best settings for VR FEB 18TH?' thread you instructed Rhino-1936.... "Once you get it up and running a bit in Steam VR, then we can talk about Open Composite as an alternative to Steam VR. But I don't want to throw too much at ya at one time."

Should I follow the Steam install you laid out in that thread, or would it be better just to start with Open Composite? I too have a more challenged set up and your comments about 'less overhead and should give better performance...' apply to me very much. I am not very confident about trying to install Open Composite without some guidance, so would you give a outline of how to go direct with OC? Or if you still recommend I follow the Steam as initial install and then switch over I will go that route, but hopefully there is some info here in the forum as to how to go about doing it. Thank you for whatever guidance you might provide.

Check out the Open Composite Readme here:

https://gitlab.com/znixian/OpenOVR/blob/master/README.md#system-wide-installation

I did the system wide installation as that was the easiest for me. I already had Steam VR installed, and the toggle switch allows one to switch from Steam VR to Open Composite.

So while I am not sure, you may need to already have Steam VR in order to toggle it to Open Composite. I supposed you could try it without first and see if it works.

7 hours ago, dburne said:

https://gitlab.com/znixian/OpenOVR/blob/master/README.md#system-wide-installation

I did the system wide installation as that was the easiest for me. I already had Steam VR installed, and the toggle switch allows one to switch from Steam VR to Open Composite.

So while I am not sure, you may need to already have Steam VR in order to toggle it to Open Composite. I supposed you could try it without first and see if it works.

SteamVR is not a prerequisite for OpenComposite.

On 2/19/2020 at 7:48 AM, Brzi_Joe said:

Can you try to suppress the file 7791aed2f6200c14-vs.txt or rename it in ;7791aed2f6200c14-vs.txt in ShaderFixes ?

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, dburne said:

Will do, thanks for that.

22 hours ago, c6_lefuneste said:

Can you try to suppress the file 7791aed2f6200c14-vs.txt or rename it in ;7791aed2f6200c14-vs.txt in ShaderFixes ?

Thank you Lefuneste, that is really good on Pimax, text stays visible with booth eyes all the time, it does not bother my game play. Really good, I feel like I have modern AR helmet :)

Posted (edited)

Since I've been talking about this a lot in other threads I'll share where I am at this point in tuning performance for VR on my 3800X/GTX-2080TI machine with an Index. I find I'm mostly CPU bound and campaign mode FPS can be a bit worse then online multiplayer. I can achieve 120fps in the air online but the drops to 60fps happen more frequently then 90hz. So I run 90hz online and 80hz when playing offline campaign. Since we're about to get a new renderer we should revisit again after the patch. Spotting and Realism are my main focus so I won't turn of shadows or use simple mirrors. Having good ground textures helps a lot for navigation. a high cloud value reduced most of the shimmering. I don't use in game AA as it hurts spotting and only use SteamVR's super sampling. 

I don't recommend setting the startup.cfg read only as it may mess with object scaling in vr by not updating or_ipd so if you do make sure to set it to your IPD 64.5mm would = 0.06450. The graphics key won't be over written if you don't click accept in the graphics menu. 

When I set or_height and or_width to match my SS resolution in steam it seemed to perform better and look better though this may be a placebo.

I am still slowly reducing the horizon draw distance, it's still a bit far out, it really doesn't need to be past maybe 60km when playing in VR as you can't resolve that far and it does a lot to hide shimmer and help spot planes against the haze. I have to say I still struggle with spotting but this is the best I can do. Keep your self between the sun and where you are looking for targets and you will see them glisten in the sun. As soon as they are a shadow it's so easy to loose them.

[KEY = graphics]
	adapter = 0
	bloom_enable = 0
	desktop_center = 0
	detail_rt_res = 4096
	draw_distance = 0.19
	far_blocks = 0
	fps_counter = 0
	fps_limit = 0
	full_height = 2740
	full_width = 2468
	fullscreen = 0
	gamma = 1.00000
	grass_distance = 0.00000
	hdr_enable = 0
	land_anisotropy = 1
	land_tex_lods = 4
	max_cache_res = 1
	max_clouds_quality = 3
	mgpu_compatible = 0
	mirrors = 2
	multisampling = 0
	or_ca = 0.00000
	or_enable = 1
	or_height = 2740
	or_hud_rad = 1.50000
	or_hud_size = 0.75000
	or_ipd = 0.06703
	or_sipdc = -0.00000
	or_width = 2468
	post_sharpen = 0
	preset = 1
	prop_blur_max_rpm_for_vr = 155
	rescale_target = 1.00000
	shadows_quality = 3
	ssao_enable = 0
	stereo_dof = 5.00000
	vsync = 0
	win_height = 568
	win_width = 1024
[END]

I've been going through each setting individually gaming and going back changing one thing and doing another mission. I really tried to hit the balance between performance and quality/realism. Here are my thoughts so far

Gotta set that file read only or the grass and bloom come back.

shadows_quality = 

shadow_quality: 3 vs 4 really gives a pretty big fps hit. The step from 3-4 is as big as 0-3 almost and the small quality decrease is quickly forgotten

preset = 

If you don't mind the trees disappearing a little in view preset 1 or 0 can give huge fps boosts. I'm just not sure if this affects plane render distance. Seem's this reduces the CPU loading and that's where many of us are bound.

land_anisotropy = 
draw_distance = 

Where the landscape sharpening/blur filter covers aliasing on the horizon the fog from draw also distance covers it. These two are worth a few fps and makes spotting easier against the fog. Though the fact that it's labeled draw distance makes me again wonder about the effect of drawing planes at distance. NVCP anisotropy override doesn't seem to affect land anisotropy so I set this to 1. I'm down to 0.19 on the horizon and still lowering slowly.

multisampling = 

always pick SteamVR super-sampling over AA. it's far sharper.. Haven't played with this yet. AA in game makes small planes disappear. I wish I could take super sampling with no built in AA in SteamVR. I also tested Legacy mode and it's less efficient and worse looking.

max_clouds_quality =

This seems to be the distance clouds are rendered in full res, the lower it is the closer the aliased clouds are to you. I have this maxed and still see some aliasing on clouds but won't add additional AA for spotting reasons

detail_rt_res = 

This is tied to the grass box in game and seems to affect the textures of the planes skin if there isn't a 4K skin in game. Flying the HE111 would give an an awful skin at 1024

far_blocks = 

I wan't to run this at 1 so bad for navigation but it really seems to cause a big hit and I see the cities pop in and out. I hope this render technique gets optimized better one day or we just get the raw power to crush it. I wonder how tied this is to CPU or SSD performance? Seems like it's CPU bound for me.  

grass_distance = 

Seeing the bubble of grass seems inevitable at any setting that doesn't really hurt fps so I just force it off. Easier to forget about it for my immersion when not seeing any at all. Seems to lower CPU frame times as well.

land_tex_lods = 

I wish ground lod was modeled against a vertical column on planes location not a sphere in all directions. So I used the max setting along with allowing negative LOD in NVCP to help keep the ground looking realistic. I have enough video memory for this kinda stuff your mileage may vary

mirrors = 

It only costs a couple more fps to see your tail in the mirror with a setting of 2. My immersion requires it. 

If anyone cares to correct me, I would love to learn.

Annotation 2020-04-07 163532.png

Annotation 2020-04-07 163609.png

Annotation 2020-04-07 163636.png

Annotation 2020-04-07 170938.png

Edited by driftaholic
  • Like 2

Any changes recommended for Pimax5K users since he newest update yesterday? Would you still recommend not using the newest version of the Pitool or would it make a difference?

Thanks!

Will be patient!😉

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Will update later when I got time ;)

You mentioned in original guide: Advanced Super Sampling Filter Off (found under Developer)

I expressly tested both and found performance was far improved with it on. I could tell no difference in the overall softness of the image. Had some contacts at maximum render distance and saw no decrease in spotting either. 

Posted (edited)

Well..  I know I will sound like a d... but I don't want false information going around, it kind of irks me. Advanced supersampling filter does not give a performance boost. If we make an exclamation, we will have to test and follow ceteris paribus principle before that, the minimum when collecting data scientifically. From there, only logically sufficient cases can be deducted. Mere necessity does not lead to a valid deduction of an observation. 

The reason why you don't see blurriness may be that you are not oversampling or not oversampling enough. Do you have a Reverb? Both a low pixel per inch value on the display and a high supersampling ratio are a necessity to see the blurriness and observe loss of information (invisible dots of aircrafts at range). Another necessity is an A/B comparison with everything else ceteris paribus, another is close to perfect eye sight (20/20) or perfectly corrected eye sight. We did all that. If you are using a Reverb, you may probably not observe blurriness as the device lacks the criteria to easily spot (hah!) the issues. If you have an Index, it already comes with  a somewhat blurry picture due to some diffusing layer it had to soften up SDE. That leads to a loss of information already. But what you may or may not observe is that you cannot see targets well at range with it activated on any headset. As I said, it's hard to find out about it - as you need to keep ceteris paribus absolutely to be able to differentiate comparisons, including weather, range, size of object, angle, etc. For example, you can create a flight record when you see something at 20km. Then start that, pause it at the same timestamp, and check how easy it is to see. Is it pronounced against the background - is it flurry? Or is it vanishing in the background and mushy? A similar observation can always be well made when aircrafts dive upon forests - many people have trouble losing them in such cases. I never do, but not because I'm better, but because it is important to keep the settings proper.

I hope that made it clear. 😁

Posted (edited)

First of all I'd like to thank your job @SCG_Fenris_Wolf, it's very useful for dummies like me.

Anyway, the thing is that I'm playing with reverb and I've noticed that since the last update 4.005 I can't see contacts again... have anything changed? have anyone noticed it too?

Edited by E69_Soec
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hi, there was no change, so it must've been bad luck 😁 keep your head on a swivel 😉

I will stick to the v17 of the mod by the way, the zoom stack feature of v18 did not work for Pimax as the ingame zoom is incompatible. Also, the ingame zoom does not scale up aircrafts at range properly, and only increases their LOD. And last but not least, v18 changed variables in its files so I'd have to rebuild all the settings including those in the users_settings folder. Since v17 works perfectly fine, I recommend to stick with it anyway. It's a good built.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

@SCG_Fenris_Wolf I've been testing in a rather repeatable environment with a O+, Reverb and now an Index.  In all headsets I ran the gamut to find the best spotting. There is a balance in my opinion between being able to see a pixel and being able to ID a plane. I have 20/15 vision so I may be able to spot differences others cannot, unsure. I am my only testing candidate when observing these changes in settings of which I only test one change at a time. To me this ideal balance doesn't happen at native resolution until you get up to Reverb's 2160x2160. With 1400x1600 headsets It's far easier to ID and just as easy to spot when super sampled to 2160x2160 (150%). So for the O+ and Index I tested 50%, 100, 125%, 150%, 200% with Advanced Super sample filtering off vs on the same few scenes and saw a constant performance increase with the advanced filter. I did test lower resolutions in case a larger pixelated object would be easier to spot. With contacts at 10K distance I'm able to identify there is a pixel in the air just as easy. I researched the differences and it seems the advanced filter is using a more efficient AA technique, which would explain the better performance. I do agree with you that most these guides are full of misinformation and incorrect assumptions. My assumption here is that the Advanced SS Filter technique may have changed since you last tested. I'm only working with the newest beta branch of SteamVR.

Edited by driftaholic
  • Thanks 2

After the last update I have a very truncated Steam VR settings files.Any idea what could you give me a copy & paste version to put in to correct?Many thanks.

steamvr.jpg

Not the case here. Do you use the SteamVR beta channel? 

Can you paste the path to the file you are editing?

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Not the case here. Do you use the SteamVR beta channel? 

Can you paste the path to the file you are editing?

As you recommend: C:/ Program files:86/Steam /Config / steamvr

Oddly I have been able to change this before ,as you have recommended,& I have no idea why it is now in this form.Should I ..perhaps re-bbot ,start Steam & then start Steam VR? It might give me the proper install at this point instead of starting thru the Pitool? Just restarted Steam & started Steam VrR but still no joy for changes in the steamvr file.

Edited by Blitzen

Posted (edited)

Excuse me, I couldn't quite parse what you mean 😕 Why would you reinstall it - yeah, then all settings get lost. 

You only need to setup SteamVR properly once. You can only edit the steamvr.vrsettings file while SteamVR is off. Whenever you have changed anything, you need to start SteamVR once through PiTool , so it recognizes the change.

And from then on, only start IL-2 directly through PiTool. No need to start SteamVR! Only be logged in to Steam itself, as IL-2 needs that to log into your account.👍

Posted (edited)

Guys, simply follow my guide in the OP step by step. If you don't, the files may break and get reset, your mileage may vary. For example, if you touched the installID then your entire steamvr.vrsettings file will reset in the best case. In the worst, it'll give a black screen. I'm getting a lot of requests via PM lately that can be solved by simply following what I wrote step by step. Problems have, without a single exception, always occurred because people did it sloppily or differently*.

If you don't follow the guide and always deviate from the instructions, you will run into problems. It's laid out step by step already, I hope to have written it as clearly and structured as possible, to help any user and even those without previous knowledge.

*lately for example by messing up their sharpening/GFX drivers using Nvidia Inspector. Don't use that please

Thanks so much. I have no idea why this file has changed since last week to the form it is now, but your copy & paste will get it back where it should be. I’ve had problems with the new update due apparently with LauScripts folder  ( and perhaps this was due to the Pilot in Cockpit mod...I’m sure sure.) In any case I’ve had to do two Steam re-install of the sim before tracking the problem down to this folder and trash canning it before a Steam re-install, which gave me a fresh folder. I’ve always found your posts to be most helpful & in this case have once again followed your “copy & paste” for the new update AND that is why it was a bit of a surprise to see my Config/Steamvr file change so much...but again thank you for all your help!

I've  added the new lines to the config/steamvr settings file but each time I start from Pitool, it fires up the Steam VR and immediately defaults/reverts this file back to the original version ( see attachments) I vaguely remember some files you can run as "administrator "& then they can't revert to something else.I can't quite remember how to do so or if it is a solution to this problem.Any ideas?

Of course I've seen similar changes in the Data/ startup file but always assumed it was changing because I had changed one or more of the settings in game,correct?

steamvr 1.jpg

steamvr 2.jpg