KG200_Volker

An attempt to revive old IL2 wars.

Closest we have to that is Finnish virtual pilots server, just need some squads organization....maybe some campaign nights!

@LLv34_Temuri  and Utanamo could add some special objectives/tasks to the current map.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2018 at 12:21 PM, EAF_Ribbon said:

Closest we have to that is Finnish virtual pilots server, just need some squads organization....maybe some campaign nights!

@LLv34_Temuri  and Utanamo could add some special objectives/tasks to the current map.

For the special objectives, we would need to implement something to the background application, so that it would make sense as regards the overall situation in the ongoing war. Currently, you can think about the server as a sandbox for organized flying. Just plan some depot/factory strike or CAP flights ahead for both sides and go :)

• Like 1

On 6/11/2018 at 11:15 AM, II./JG77_Con said:

Is CO-OP dead ..??? Or broken . 

Neither. The feature is here, it`s just that there is no way to funnel all the interested parties to one place where everything coop related happens.

Currently you enter the game, choose mp mode and view server list. That is not nearly enough to bring back people who normally would fly even daily coops.

5 minutes ago, Mac_Messer said:

Neither. The feature is here, it`s just that there is no way to funnel all the interested parties to one place where everything coop related happens.

Currently you enter the game, choose mp mode and view server list. That is not nearly enough to bring back people who normally would fly even daily coops.

Mission making require a bit more skill and knowledge than in the old il2 1946.

I used to play IL-2 a lot back in 2006-2010, just bought a game out of nostalgia and like it a lot. But the state of the multiplayer makes me sad. New graphics and the new models, but MP is like 15 years ago. Anything interesting is ran by volunteers, while the developers seem to invest heavily into new planes.

Some dogfight servers are nice, but it all uncoordinated. Nobody uses teamspeak. If you are bomber, you are alone and just hope to be unnoticed. If you are a fighter, just wandering in the sky for hours looking for a target. I mean... Why wouldn't developers invest into creating an interesting MP server (i.g. co-op) and promote it? A high quality MP cannot be maintained and promoted by volunteers, it is just too much effort and resources. I would even pay a subscription (like 15$ per month) just to play a decent MP. I think a good multiplayer is much more important than new planes. I mean it is fun to fly all those legends, but IMHO it is the MP spirit of the game that keeps it alive (or dead).

50 minutes ago, hellmincer said:

I used to play IL-2 a lot back in 2006-2010, just bought a game out of nostalgia and like it a lot. But the state of the multiplayer makes me sad. New graphics and the new models, but MP is like 15 years ago. Anything interesting is ran by volunteers, while the developers seem to invest heavily into new planes.

Some dogfight servers are nice, but it all uncoordinated. Nobody uses teamspeak. If you are bomber, you are alone and just hope to be unnoticed. If you are a fighter, just wandering in the sky for hours looking for a target. I mean... Why wouldn't developers invest into creating an interesting MP server (i.g. co-op) and promote it? A high quality MP cannot be maintained and promoted by volunteers, it is just too much effort and resources. I would even pay a subscription (like 15$ per month) just to play a decent MP. I think a good multiplayer is much more important than new planes. I mean it is fun to fly all those legends, but IMHO it is the MP spirit of the game that keeps it alive (or dead).

A good multiplayer could be run by volunteers. It was done before with systems like SEOW, and could be again, BUT it will require that the developers prioritize time on the Dserver application as It has less ability to run the same amount of objects than the old IL2 1946 even though computeres where weaker then 🤔