Developer Diary, Part 188 - Discussion

Wonderful job, THANKS A LOT !!!

I am just wondering who and when will do this also for Lagg-3? and Yak 1B? and so on....

The man must still say thank you, thank you and thank you ... for your interest, for your work, and for the improvements. This is worth to live for.

Cheerz

What exactly do you expect? Most feautures of the upcoming patch have beem revealed before and showing early BoBP work before Kuban is even done is a bad practise. Honestly, be glad for what we've got.

and who are you? I must or should not be glad, that's my problem, also something is appreciated when you give it for free.

Thanks for the update Han.

Thanks to BlackHellHound1 for all the hours of work, well done!

The last skin shown I'm guessing is a naval one, not seen that scheme before.  It has my interest.  Very different from all the others I have seen for any IL2.

Its likely the special skin for pre-ordering BoK. If you remember the BoS pre-order skins they were not historical but very good looking. 

Another positive surprise. It keeps getting better, which keeps making the waiting even more difficult. Almost like an endurance test now. If it keeps like this for much longer will be reduced to a drooling, dribbling wreck by the time release date comes...

• 1CGS

Everyone,

There is lots of 4K content already available in this special part of the forum. https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/107-4k-skins-and-templates/

BHH has worked with the team on one particular plane and I have worked with ICDP on providing 4K templates for many planes. ICDP has also done many skins as have other artists. We have also worked with Panzerbar to make unique skins for airplanes. Eventually, we will leverage all this work into creating a standard in which there will be more official 4K skins.

Jason

• Upvote 8

I was about to ask what the difference was between this new BHH work and the previous 4k work done by others.  Glad to hear its underway and those other lads' efforts will help speed this process along.

Does anyone know if these 4k options be a tickbox in graphics settings or something else? 

Everyone,

There is lots of 4K content already available in this special part of the forum. https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/107-4k-skins-and-templates/

BHH has worked with the team on one particular plane and I have worked with ICDP on providing 4K templates for many planes. ICDP has also done many skins as have other artists. We have also worked with Panzerbar to make unique skins for airplanes. Eventually, we will leverage all this work into creating a standard in which there will be more official 4K skins.

Jason

Does this mean we will have only two planes with 4k skin textures(A-20 and now IL-2 1943)?

[quote name="=gRiJ=Alado" post="575855" timestamp="

Someone defending a decision a developer has made should not result in an insult. It should be taken as a personal stance on an a given subject that gives room for a debate - Also in my opinion Nationality has no place in these debates unless it pertains to time zone or restrictions given by rule of law. Edited by TexasWarbird
  • Upvote 1

Thank you for these gorgeous skins. There are various qualities of 4K skins. To see the difference you have to look from a short distance like with on plane cameras. There you can see differences for example for rivets or metal plate junctions, or plate surface. So it is not enough to have 4K but to use that for the maximum visual effect that this higher resolution can give, and this is a lot of work. Thanks again.

Thanks, everyone!

It was fun to work on this project. I hope you guys have as much fun flying with them as I had making them  :biggrin:

BlackHellHound1! 

:salute:

Je hebt goed werk geleverd man!

Ik zou zenuwpatiënt worden van het maken van alle details zoals de klinknagels en noem maar op. Maar het resultaat mag er zijn.

Zonder meer. Petje af.

You delivered a good job mate!

It would work on my nerves  creating all the details like rivets and so on. But the result is there.

Without any doubt. Hats off.

By the way, besides the focus on details on skins the Kuban environment looks great. Again.

The snow covered mountain tops, the trees overgrown hills, the meandering rivers in valleys ánd the new horizon. :)