Sign in to follow this  
dburne

Throw Bombs Mode?

Hey gang,

Anyone know what this is for?

There is a control setting for : Throw Bombs Mode Toggle.

What would it apply to, I am assuming something in the future?

I assume it will be either glide and dive mode (different fuse settings) or the selection of the bombs to be dropped (eg in pairs, all at once) but that's just a guess. The selector for the fuse setting is visible in the Bf109 already.

Actually, not sure, but I think it might have to do with the bomb-slinging rack used on Ju 87 Stukas, which will be gracing the game later

My guess it is a leftover from ROF.

They could drop small bombs from the open cockpit.

But I don't have ROF so I'm not sure.

My guess it is a leftover from ROF.

They could drop small bombs from the open cockpit.

But I don't have ROF so I'm not sure.

I just checked in ROF, while there are 3 different drop bomb options in the controller menu there is not a " throw bomb" option in there.

Must be unique to BOS.

I just checked in ROF, while there are 3 different drop bomb options in the controller menu there is not a " throw bomb" option in there.

Must be unique to BOS.

i am pretty sure there is...thought i saw it the other day...when i log back in if i see it i will post a screeny

i am pretty sure there is...thought i saw it the other day...when i log back in if i see it i will post a screeny

There isn't.

Throw fused mortar rounds out the back of a Po-2 at night perhaps?  :mellow:

That was my guess. I seem to recall reading that this was done at Stalingrad.

And yeah, you can't do it in ROF. Though of course, it was done IRL in WWI. Maybe this is one of the "carry-over" benefits we'll get from BOS in ROF!

I don't really see any carryover effect from BOS to RoF, as you can already drop bombs there singly, in a pair, or as a salvo, and that's pretty much all you could expect with WWI technology.

Throw fused mortar rounds out the back of a Po-2 at night perhaps?  :mellow:

actually they tested some rig like this on the Il-2. I just read a detailled magazinge about the development of the sturmovik, and they talked about a kind of rear defense system based on a grenade launcher point toward the tail of the plane. they put it on because of the lack of rear gunner on early Il-2. it would launch a grenade tied to a parachutewith a fuse of a few seconds. If chased by a fighter, sturmovik pilot would have shot that grenade to got the chaser down...

pretty neat and funny, but I see several way why it was hard to use and no so effective at the end. tremendously dissuasive though. Who would chase a plane that can fire grenade at your face? :P