Sign in to follow this  
jcomm-il2

Steam user - can he buy the Spitfire Vb ?

There's a user who own Steam BoS and would like to buy the collector Spitfire Vb.

If he buys it from the 1C / 777 store with his account, will it be available when he plays the sim in Steam ?

Edited by jcomm-in-combat

I guess so. I've bought BOS from steam and all the rest I've bought on the site. It's linked to my IL2 account, and when I open the game, everything is there. 

As far as I understand, the license management is made through the 1C account not through steam, so when you log in ingame, it load (unlock)  whatever you have access to on your 1C account.

But I think you can't buy the Spitfire by itself right now, just together with Kuban!

Adding to the 'yes' you can. Buy it on the site and its active on your account regardless of if you bought the base game from Steam or not.

EDIT: Though you can't until Battle of Kuban releases.

Edited by ShamrockOneFive

Yes currently the Spit is only available in a Battle of Kuban Pre-Order.

Upon release it will be available for sale individually as a collector plane.

Thx guys for your answers!

dburne, but, from what you say he shouldn't be able to buy it as a Collector plane until BoK is officially released, right ?

Edited by jcomm-in-combat

Thx guys for your answers!

dburne, but, from what you say he shouldn't be able to buy it as a Collector plane until BoK is officially released, right ?

Thats right.  Spitfire as an individual collector plane will become available when BoK is officially released.

On 16/02/2018 at 6:04 AM, DD_Arthur said:

Thats right.  Spitfire as an individual collector plane will become available when BoK is officially released.

Can we get Spitfite on steam? I know the problem with BoK and steam but we already have the files and also have 4 collectors planes in the store. Why this can be so diferent to do with the new ones?

I dont know, many games launch their addons on steam without any problem. Seems to be a forced way to make people buy directly from the website

Steam is only there to download the game. You buy everything through the website. Then when you start through Steam, it will be there. 

The devs really need to put this info bright on steam. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Steam is only there to download the game. You buy everything through the website. Then when you start through Steam, it will be there. 

The devs really need to put this info bright on steam. 

Steam gives me options to pay with national credit card and not pay in dollar. Not everyone have the means to buy on website
Some people live in places where a international card or even a credit card is hard to have.
Steam brings to me multiple payment methods and a little discount, direct dollar conversion doesnt. We have tax for buy in dollar too
For me the only way to get this game is buy from steam

Edited by ESCOMM_FlyMaker

2 hours ago, ESCOMM_FlyMaker said:

Steam gives me options to pay with national credit card and not pay in dollar. Not everyone have the means to buy on website
Some people live in places where a international card or even a credit card is hard to have.
Steam brings to me multiple payment methods and a little discount, direct dollar conversion doesnt. We have tax for buy in dollar too
For me the only way to get this game is buy from steam

I know several Brazilians who own the Expansions and the Collector Planes and asked them.

May I recommend https://www.paypal.com/br/home to you, you can use this without a credit card.

If you don't want to use that, you can get a precharged credit card, and put money on it. Then you can either use it directly, or add it into Paypal so your number remains hidden.

The conversion you'll have to pay regardless of using Steam or the direct page.

That said, I suggest you use these ideas, because they are easy to use and because it had been stated multiple times by the Producer that it remains the way it is. :salute:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

The conversion you'll have to pay regardless of using Steam or the direct page.

OT ;)

The mileage vary, but remember that we don't live in an "perfect world".

Buy BoS today in STEAM-BR, paying in BRL means ~7 dollar less that direct, what for an $79.99 product represent ~8.75% OFF. ;)
Don't know today, but when launched that PayPal-BR pre-charged use a conversion factor that add almost 10% over current official Dollar/BRL exchange ratio. :rolleyes:
Of course for you this value and % may are insignificant. :)

Edited by Sokol1

Guys, we live in a very large world. Your rules doens't apply for everyone
I can't buy on website and this will not gonna change.

On steam i pay $78,67 for the game. For you this is only a few dollars but for me is much more than that!
And we have taxes, increasing this price. In the end i will pay $81 ~ $82
Steam gives me options to Divide the purchase value, i will pay that in 1 ~ 12 months

BoK on steam are insignificant to you but not for me. Show compassion!

On 3/30/2018 at 12:12 AM, ESCOMM_FlyMaker said:

Can we get Spitfite on steam? I know the problem with BoK and steam but we already have the files and also have 4 collectors planes in the store. Why this can be so diferent to do with the new ones?

I dont know, many games launch their addons on steam without any problem. Seems to be a forced way to make people buy directly from the website

Because no one wanna cut their sales by 30% for steam and also why would you wanna buy it on steam its cheaper here anyway at least if using payball € because it will translate the Dollar Price into € ... meanwhile on steam everything is the same nummber 60$ = 60€ there. 

Also there is probably more involved into moving dlc to Steam why deal with it if buying from the main store is much easyer. 

On 5/25/2018 at 7:47 AM, ESCOMM_FlyMaker said:

Still waiting

2 months and nothing. Really?

I told you already, it won't change. The devs have stated that in the past. 

I wrote the post back then to help you, for no other reason. Hence I didn't expect a discussion about this when you tried to argue about it.

You could realize early that your options are: Either buy via website, or don't buy. 

Simple as that. There have been no plans stated up to now about porting sales to Steam. By the way, I'd also rather see this on Steam, since it signals people that the game is getting developed constantly. Currently it looks like an old dinosaur that hasn't seen development in 2 years...

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf
  • Like 1

Devs did say in last DD that there are going to be some big changes to steam implementation that will require the attention of all steam users. So hopefully it will be sorted for you then.

The new Steam support will be released next month after some more testing. 

Edited by ESCOMM_FlyMaker