Sign in to follow this  
stupor-mundi

Download game client comically slow

Just bought and DL'd IL-2. That is, first downloaded the installer IL2_setup_BoS.exe , which came in at regular broadband speed.

Installed that. But then there is apparently a "Downloading game client" step, a 6.64 GB file, which is at the moment downloading at a speed of about 1.5 megabytes per second.

Is this "normal" in this place ???

my download eventually finished, and haven't seem a similar weirdness so far, but I also have mostly done offline flying, so I guess that's not saying much.

Did you have "Prefer Web distribution" ticked under the Settings tab in the Launcher? That makes a big difference when I reinstall.

• Upvote 1

Did you have "Prefer Web distribution" ticked under the Settings tab in the Launcher? That makes a big difference when I reinstall.

ditto!

For me it dosen't matter if that 'prefer web distribution' is ticked or not.  Measuring in kb....  This is a special ed speed.  Come on guys...  Guess I'll be in some time 3rdQ of 2018.

Geez same here, first download just fine. Installer down 142 KBS.  Just did a dsl speed test and I'm at 42.1 mbps.  It's going to take all night!