Sign in to follow this  
Fox61claudlogin

ME - ju88 bomber engine n

ju 88 engine does not start with then option on Parking in the plan advanced properties.

with other models (ju87 , heinkel 111 the engine start and the plane or planes begin the taxiway).

engine does not start with option on Parking

post-37208-0-04549700-1518438007_thumb.png

If this can be double checked by another builder then it could be posted as a bug

Are you using a complex trigger to detect the Ju88 spawning?

Can you post your mission please so we can see how you are testing the engine start issue.

My guess is two things...

1. Try putting a timer between the mission start the takeoff command - the mission begins and your PC is thinking and it doesn't activate the command.

2. If you get engines started you will probably get wonky behavior due to the fact that the plane doesn't have a start park taxi point in front of it. You might want to delete a lot of those taxi points. If it gets going the plane will want to turn to the first one and taxi back the wrong way to the point, then turn 180 and come back...

post-87320-0-82141600-1518457155_thumb.jpg

For what its worth, I got Ju88s to start and take off, so probably not plane specific.

Schneemann

Edited by 1./JG54_Schneemann

1./JG54_Schneemann is correct; you need a short timer (I use 2 seconds) between the mission begin translator and the takeoff command. I also noticed that your Ju-88 was 2 meters below ground level but I don't think that was the cause of the problem. Make sure to click the "set to ground" button whenever you place an object.

I found out something new today: Planes will taxi to the nearest taxi point and not the taxi start point. I'll have to correct that in the manual.

Cool, Jim. I wonder if it will work for multi planes? Load up the taxiway with a point in front of the planes as opposed to starting them out of the dugouts? I'll have to try that and see what happens. Formation taxiing that is. 

Edited by 1./JG54_Schneemann

1./JG54_Schneemann is correct; you need a short timer (I use 2 seconds) between the mission begin translator and the takeoff command. I also noticed that your Ju-88 was 2 meters below ground level but I don't think that was the cause of the problem. Make sure to click the "set to ground" button whenever you place an object.

I found out something new today: Planes will taxi to the nearest taxi point and not the taxi start point. I'll have to correct that in the manual.

Yes - and if a flight is placed on the runway (instead of having taxied there) an aircraft will turn around and go to the taxi point behind it if that taxi point is closer than the take-off vpp. This often happens with the rear aircraft if you're not careful. Edited by Gambit21
  • Upvote 1

With the timer set to 2 seconds everything works, the planes start the engines and begin to taxi.

Thanks

with the timer set to 2 seconds everything works

Cool. That's one thing you need to understand with the ME, it turns out...  give the PC time to compute and sequence things. Usually as Jim said, 2 seconds works. Some things may be in fractions of seconds, but usually 2 seconds is a good rule of thumb to get things to play nice and work as planned.

To be clear, that's t at mission begin only.

I use 2 seconds other places as well, but I also use 500 millisecond timers etc when needed.