Han

Developer Diary, Part 187 - Discussion

What you mean with at least. What counts for one plane counts for the remain.

No, it doesn't. It means the A-20 has 4k default skins, the rest need to be made to be 4k. Eventually they will get 4k, but just one plane getting them does not make the rest automatically get them.

Ok, let me sleep a little longer the 3,001 patch is for march not sooner. See you all mid-march for the release of the full patch.

Thanks for the new, and yes the interior of the P-39 is quiet difficult if you want to give it a real aspect I have made enough of them in miniature models to know that, good luck with yours. :salute: 

For the aircraft resolutions, is there the option to play with 2k max resolutions for VR players?

I like to play on Ultra settings in order to get the reflections, godrays, and maxed rendering-range (very important for finding targets, bombing, and orientation on landmarks). But the high resolution textures are just a strain on the system, and there is no way to seperately control the settings right now.

It's optional.

Jason

• Upvote 6

No, it doesn't. It means the A-20 has 4k default skins, the rest need to be made to be 4k. Eventually they will get 4k, but just one plane getting them does not make the rest automatically get them.

This. It just means that not all planes will be upgraded to 4K in this patch.

Wow,

very nice update. The A-20B skins are fantastic. Great choice on these skins.

Cockpit looks brilliant.

Nice to hear you are working on new ac (BF 109G-14, Spit, and others)

Cant wait for the first shoots on those tanks.

Edited by Yankee_One

See you all mid-march for the release of the full patch.

Sounds like we should start a Patch Day Sweepstake. But it could get political cos I'm choosing March 18th.... ;)

I'm amazed to hear work has already started on all of the new projects. the next couple of years are going to be seriously exciting as a flight sim fan. 

The A-20 looks fantastic and I can't wait to get my hands on it. Hope you guys manage to find and squish the bugs without too much effort.  :)  

Wow.. those skins look amazing as does tat P-39 pit.. So looking forward to all this.. 

Well done all. Thanks for the update Han. It was a communications wasteland for a bit there and we were getting a little angsty. Sorry bout that brother.........

Very cool. I think the update will be great. Regarding Bodenplatte I am also excited. I hope that within the first 4-5 aircraft we get at least 1 that is new like the P47 or Tempest. In that regard the reference to the 3D models is positive.

Thanks for the update Han, appreciated as always.

Looking forward to the next update, it sounds exceptional.

See you all mid-march for the release of the full patch.

It is a long way till March :(

Let's hope they can release the patch earlier.

It is a long way till March :(

Not really, when you get my age at least it flies by!

:( 

• Upvote 1

It is a long way till March

April 1st sounds better ;)

Edited by L3Pl4K
  • Upvote 1

Awesome!

A question, please. Is that a new desert map or simply an autumn landscape?

More likely the new steppe terrain on the Stalingrad map in summer.

Awesome!

A question, please. Is that a new desert map or simply an autumn landscape?

Mostly Stalingrad autumn steppe what looks like desert there.

Fantastic looking work on those Bostons, and good to see that many of those Soviet references (sadly non-existent with the Spitfire) have been plumbed to give us some Eastern Front colour and diversity.

Finkeren, on 09 Feb 2018 - 12:35, said: Bit sad to see that we won’t get a RAF Boston skin. That would have been great for mock-up Channel battles alongside the Spit Mk. V. My thoughts entirely...

Sweet stuff as always. But no A20 RAF skin? Wtf!

As for those who want to be the Boston Boys of No.2 Group, RAF skins WILL follow. I predict, almost as soon as the template is made available.

• Upvote 1

More likely the new steppe terrain on the Stalingrad map in summer.

Mostly Stalingrad autumn steppe what looks like desert there.

Ah. Got it. Thanks.

All looks great, but disappointed by the lack of a British or Commonwealth skin for the A-20.

Bit of an oversight, given that the Boston/Havoc was used by the RAF and RAAF, and considering the Kittyhawk and Spitfire have Commonwealth liveries available.

Two of the skins are even of RAF camo patters with the roundels painted over, the pre-1941 dark green/dark earth and the desert dark earth/sand colours.

Surely one of these could have the roundels put back on.

• Upvote 1

I would really like an official RAF skin because the user made one's although very good are hassle. U can't use them on all servers and even if you can all the other players need the same one. I get paranoid that I'm displaying the white default skin on summer maps lol

Lol can't please everyone I guess. Just don't let the complaints about lack of RAF skins on an American plane drown out the previous complaints about lack of VVS skins for a British plane :)

• Upvote 2

Guys,

Point me to a couple cool looking British Boston A-20B paint jobs and I'll have them done by our skin artist for the A-20. Send suggestions in a PM, do not post in this thread.

Jason

• Upvote 22

Thank you very much for the update, really appreciated. :salute:

P-39 cockpit looks superb as do the A-20 skins. :cool:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. :biggrin:

Does anyone know if the new campaign will allow airstarts?

I love take-off and landing - It is just that most days I don't have time to fly to the target area and back!

Does anyone know if the new campaign will allow airstarts?

I love take-off and landing - It is just that most days I don't have time to fly to the target area and back!

Auto pilot and 8x speed 

DyNGHQ2.gif

Guys,

Point me to a couple cool looking British Boston A-20B paint jobs and I'll have them done by our skin artist for the A-20. Send suggestions in a PM, do not post in this thread.

Jason

Awesome, Jason

Thanks a lot.

Well done all. Thanks for the update Han. It was a communications wasteland for a bit there and we were getting a little angsty. Sorry bout that brother.........

This DD is what narrowly averted the Government Shutdown!

• Upvote 4