Sign in to follow this  
Ace_Pilto

Reshade Preset for 1080p, 0.8 gamma

Tired of that washed out, overexposed vanilla experience robbing you of your situational awareness? Would you like to be able to see planes at a reasonable distance without tweaking the confing?

Has that cold bluish tint, lack of definition, and completely rubbish horizon hiding distance fog given you the blues???

Is your life lacking colour, passion, saturation and a credible representation of terrain and sky?

Has fiddle farting about with the gamma settings in startup.cfg left a contrast induced tumor in your eyeballs?

Well, Papa Pilto has the solution to your woes, this is my Reshade preset, works quite well on 1080p at 0.8 gamma. HDR and bloom must be turned off, I haven't added antialiasing or sharpening since other utilities handle this better and the game's sharpening is breddy gud imo. Calibrate your black and white points (brightness and contrast) on your monitor before using and don't bitch at me if you mess something up. All you gopniks need to do is install reshade by googling it and following the instructions, put my preset in your 1CStudios/Battle of X /bin folder and your game will turn from this:

txiyd3d7nc2w5n3zg.jpg

Into this:

9e2yqo3bovlysh1zg.jpg

SHARE AND ENJOY!: http://www.mediafire.com/file/w6hfafw6cj74ttx/Il2BoX.ini

Your menus and stuff might look a bit weird (darker and some sepiaish tint), shouldn't incur any FPS hit.

Edited by Ace_Pilto

I just enable "colourfulness" I believe, and turn the in-sim gamma down to lowest. Game looks 100% better, colours are correct, can still see planes at far distance. 

ill give it a go thanks 

Reshade 3.11 is out 

Edited by II./JG77_Con