Sign in to follow this  
Lensman

Do you use VR?

Do you use VR?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use VR with IL-2 Box?

• Yes
    • No

A recent thread in the General Discussion area stated that development resource for VR is not needed because few people actually use it. I don't agree.

Therefore:

I support VR, but this poll is futile because the people that are active on this forum do not accurately represent the average Il-2 player. 

A majority 'yes' response means little when most of the people you are asking are enthusiasts. 

• Upvote 1

No, and I don't plan on even looking at it for 3-4 years. By that time the resolution issues should be worked out. The other associated issues will be addressed and hopefully the bit scam craze will be resolved with purpose made mining cards so VR capable cards can once again be (relatively) affordable.

I will test the HTC VIVE pro that is coming , if that is not good enough I probably never will go VR. But that does not mean I am against development for it

I have the vive but I'd say I only use it 30% of the time (or less) for BOS.

The resolution is just too low.

Also, for mission building and testing is just not practical.

Can anyone who owns both Vive and Rift let us know which headset they prefer in BoX?

I support VR, but this poll is futile because the people that are active on this forum do not accurately represent the average Il-2 player. 

A majority 'yes' response means little when most of the people you are asking are enthusiasts. 

Maybe, but there are also many people that were not IL2 die hard fans initially and came to it because of VR. These people might not be very active on the forum. So that biases the poll in the opposite direction. Not clear to what extent.

In my opinion IL2 in THE best VR experience. Better than other flight simulation, and flight simulations is the genre which gets the most our of VR. No matter what, the lack of way to satisfying way to simulate walking is extremely limiting for most games.

People should not underestimate the attraction power of VR support.

• Upvote 1

I liked IL2 BoX before VR.

Now, I adore it.

It's my go to game and its VR inclusion is the main driver for all my purchases.

I plan to purchase all upcoming expansions (and any future ones) when I have the pennies, *all* because of the amazing VR implementation.

People should not underestimate the attraction power of VR support.

This. a thousand times this!

If you have never tried VR you just won’t get it! You really get a sense of what it must have been like to fly these planes. Forget the loss of clarity....it’s not even that bad in all honestly. The total immersion in my honest opinion negates any other argument against

You also get to appreciate those cockpits and the sheer amount of detail!.

This is the most highly developed VR sim out there! 

Edited by katdog5
  • Upvote 1