Jason_Williams

Join us at Flight-Sim Expo 2018 in Las Vegas, NV USA!

1 hour ago, chiliwili69 said:

Jason,

That´s great to have 1GCS as a platinum sponsor.

In the last 25 years I have been in many international tradeshows and exhibitions in both sides of the booths, as a customer and as a vendor. Honestly, I know quite a bit about products demos of all kind.

Basically you go there to impact the visitors and the press. To do that you need to stand out over the others. 

2018 is the true year of VR, if you don´t take this chance it will be a really missed opportunity.

Large TV 4k are nice, but if you want to really impress people allow a couple of proper setups for VR (HOTAS, Seat, pedals, etc), specially the press.

But when I say VR, I am not referring to Rift or Vive, but to VivePro and possibily Pimax 8K.

So,  yes you need a VivePro for the Dev team in Moscow. No problem, next 5th of april I can order one and ship it to Moscow.

You also need a Pimax 8K. No problem, we can talk with the Pimax guys and get one device for your team in Moscow. They will love to be in that exhibition in Las Vegas.

So, if you show VivePro and Pimax8K in las vegas I can guarantee you that many VR press will be in your booth eager to test the IL-2 Great Battles. No doubt.

It is more than two motnhs from now. There is enough time to plan it. Now it is up to you.

This event is not big. We're attending as an experiment. Don't expect anything grand. It's just going to be a fun time. 

Jason

3 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

This event is not big. We're attending as an experiment. Don't expect anything grand. It's just going to be a fun time.

I see, so it may not justify the effort. Enjoy the event!

PD: Very subconsciously, my post was using the event as an excuse to assure the VR support for upcoming VR devices...:blush:, sorry about that...

Would that I could, but unfortunately I can't do very much traveling.

I'd love to see pictures/videos from the event, though!

EDIT: Theoretically, you guys could live-stream it for an hour or two, maybe have a live dev-interview. Just an idea. If it's a hassle, don't worry about it.

Edited by FarflungWanderer

On 25.03.2018 at 7:48 PM, Jason_Williams said:

Jason

Please make it a biger event , that’s mean with VR +montion platform , yea I know telemetry data exposure is needed. :)

Edited by TWHYata_PL
  • Like 1

Is there an admission fee to get into the venue to see the exhibits?

I see parking fees and room fees but nothing about what it costs to get into the event itself on the website.

Wheels

If you see Froogle there force him to mention this sim lol

I'll be out that way hiking in Utah with friends the week prior, so I've extended my stay - all registered for Sunday.  Looking forward to it!

On 5/1/2018 at 11:26 PM, wheelsup_cavu said:

Is there an admission fee to get into the venue to see the exhibits?

I see parking fees and room fees but nothing about what it costs to get into the event itself on the website.

Wheels

Wheels, the registration fee is $40/day, or $70 for both Saturday & Sunday.  That price increases by $5/day after 5/15.

Edited by =FI=Blue2
typo
  • Thanks 1

I’m unable to make it unfortunately but, for those who are going...  i feel it’ll be kinda exciting to meet friend and foe in person...

To wear your flight name or not.... 

im hoping there will be a good turn out in support of our sim :)

For those that haven't been to Vegas before, be sure to bring plenty of sunscreen. I've vacationed with Euros there in the past, and they always ended up red as tomatoes before long. 😦 See you soon!

Why would you even go outside? You can walk 85-90% of the strip under cover and awnings now anyway ;)

Edited by II/JG17_HerrMurf

Shouldn't be so bad in June.

In August walking outside is like a kick in the face.

Yeah that's pretty damn hot hehe...

Big difference between 102 and 115 though...trust me.

Someone from Britain would fry in either one.

Edited by Gambit21

1 hour ago, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

Why would you even go outside? You can walk 85-90% of the strip under cover and awnings now anyway ;)

Where I live we seems to get snow in a couple of days, If I was in Vegas I would not go "undercover" :) 

Wish I could be there , but it simply too much money for a weekend

I had something pop up on my facebook page to say the event is sold out !! 

Have fun to all those that are going. I want to see lots of photos !! Event clashed with my wife's 50th and she made me change our destination :(

2 hours ago, =FEW=Herne said:

Have fun to all those that are going. I want to see lots of photos :(

Yes please people that are going try to get some photos and vids of anything interesting.  It will make for a good thread for those that can not go.

Unfortunately the gf would not let me buy a transatlantic plane ticket.  How rude of her.

On 3/25/2018 at 7:48 PM, Jason_Williams said:

Jason

So around the size of the Oz Flight Sim Expo.........?

Jason, any ideas to repeat GamesCom 2013 some day? - ok the weather is not crisp how it is in the sunny Las Vegas but from the size it is far smaller than the Electronic Entertainment Expo and closer for the team to be there, a good mixture maybe for a cologne - based - experiment? :biggrin:

Sooo - hitting the road out of LA about 5a tomorrow - looking forward to meeting/shaking hands with the team - looks like some fun seminars as well - lol - if you guys are planning any pre convention at like Bugsy's on Fri night lemme know...:biggrin: