JG7_X-Man

Dear 1C Team

My wife was cleaning my PC junk closet and I found my 1st copy of IL-2! Yes boys and girls - there was a time you had to put software on a "CD" and it was the only means of video game distribution.

Also, I have to apologize for not getting on this bandwagon sooner - great job! Leaps and bounds from IL-2, IL-2 AEP and IL-2 FB (...all were ground breaking) in terms of graphics, sound and device input. However, a little more work needed on Force Feedback (..actually the old way was better). That said, great job and keep up the good work!

Welcome aboard! You've found out as many of us have that given a little time this team can deliver a seriously compelling flight sim and a fun one at that!

Force feedback is yesterdays news buddy.... Yeah it was great with the old sidewinder and used to think I couldn't live without FFB. My suggestion is you rob the wife's credit card and order yourself a nice new Thrustmaster Warthog hotas and a pair of CH Pro pedals!! ..........And hey...If you think your gonna get busted anyway... May as well add a TrackIR 5 :biggrin:  Not still got my original IL2 disc but have still got my original 1946 disc. And welcome to the party  :rolleyes:

Edited by TotalFreakUK

You won't need FFB once we get Neuro-Link. You'll actually be there. :o:

Welcome. Please feel free to ask all the questions you want.

And do read up on some of the latest Development Diaries (found in the announcement section of the forum. They will tell you a lot about the stuff that’s comin in version 3.001, which is right around the corner.

My wife was cleaning my PC junk closet and I found my 1st copy of IL-2! Yes boys and girls - there was a time you had to put software on a "CD" and it was the only means of video game distribution.

Also, I have to apologize for not getting on this bandwagon sooner - great job! Leaps and bounds from IL-2, IL-2 AEP and IL-2 FB (...all were ground breaking) in terms of graphics, sound and device input. However, a little more work needed on Force Feedback (..actually the old way was better). That said, great job and keep up the good work!

Yep, still got my original boxed IL-2 CD which is signed by Oleg himself having met the great man.

I must say - without Co-Op capability, This game just isn't right!  

I must say - without Co-Op capability, This game just isn't right!  

Did you read the developer diaries?

Edit;  sorry, thats not meant to come across as snippy as it sounds. :P  

Seriously, have a good read up of the dev diaries.  We won't be waiting for that capability for long. :salute:

Edited by DD_Arthur

Force feedback is yesterdays news buddy.... Yeah it was great with the old sidewinder and used to think I couldn't live without FFB. My suggestion is you rob the wife's credit card and order yourself a nice new Thrustmaster Warthog hotas and a pair of CH Pro pedals!! ..........And hey...If you think your gonna get busted anyway... May as well add a TrackIR 5 :biggrin:  Not still got my original IL2 disc but have still got my original 1946 disc. And welcome to the party  :rolleyes:

Errrrr ... What?

Force Feedback is ESSENTIAL to this simulator and beats any non-FF option. I'm using an 18 year old Sidewinder and you Sir are WRONG!

As for your hardware recommendation, well ...

VR blows Track IR into the dust and CH Products rudder pedals are junk toys compared to MFG Crosswind pedals!

Not impressed.

Did you read the developer diaries?

Edit;  sorry, thats not meant to come across as snippy as it sounds. :P  

Seriously, have a good read up of the dev diaries.  We won't be waiting for that capability for long. :salute:

LOL - Yeah, I did. I heard the same time line back in the old IL-2 days - "2 Weeks"!

LOL - Yeah, I did. I heard the same time line back in the old IL-2 days - "2 Weeks"!

This team works a little differently. When they are definitive about something they do it and if for some reason it's not working out Jason is very (VERY) straight with us on the why.

Co-op is coming with 3.001 and that release is near. I'd guess about 4-5 weeks out.

• Upvote 2

This team works a little differently. When they are definitive about something they do it and if for some reason it's not working out Jason is very (VERY) straight with us on the why.

Co-op is coming with 3.001 and that release is near. I'd guess about 4-5 weeks out.

ShamrockOneFive - Good to hear! Thanks for the information - don't get me wrong, I am a fan

I also am very much looking forward to coop and the multiplayer lobby/chat/friends list functionality. These are things that IMO will help newer pilots like myself really get into multiplayer. Too bad it was implemented from day one! Better late than never though, the team is doing great work.