Sign in to follow this  
zyss

Want to play "final stage" propeller aircraft as soon as possible

Want to play "final stage" propeller aircraft like La-11/9, Ta-152, F8F, Spitfire IXV as soon as possible!

Don't want to wait them one by one campaign many years later!

Don't want to play "final stage" propeller to be jet aircrafts' foil in 1950!

Need a actual or fictitious battle/campaign and multiplayer map for "final stage" propeller aircraft battle each other, just like IL2 1946.

Even if they are playable only in quick mission, I'll like to buy them!!!

well you are going to need some patience. BoBp is going to have an assortment of late war aircraft, and the good news is that the devs traditionally release them to the community as they are ready, so while the game is not likely to be completed for the next 18 months approx, we who pre-order should be flying some of the birds sooner rather than later.

If you haven't bought it already you can learn more about it here :-

https://il2sturmovik.com/store/battle-of-bodenplatte/

War Thunder is the game for you then.

but that game is trash xD, can't come close to Il-2

War Thunder is the game for you then.

Baloney.

What he is essentially asking for is IL/2 '46 brought up to BoX standards, that might be why he's here instead of War Thunder.

He's not wrong either - 1946 has still got legs over a decade later.

CLbxkrk.jpg

1946 has still got legs over a decade later.

That may be, but I'm not sure if they are Greek columns.or secondhand Steinway's?

Edited by 6./ZG26_Custard
  • Upvote 1

Want to play "final stage" propeller aircraft like La-11/9, Ta-152, F8F, Spitfire IXV as soon as possible!

Don't want to wait them one by one campaign many years later!

Don't want to play "final stage" propeller to be jet aircrafts' foil in 1950!

Need a actual or fictitious battle/campaign and multiplayer map for "final stage" propeller aircraft battle each other, just like IL2 1946.

Even if they are playable only in quick mission, I'll like to buy them!!!

Why?

It's all about the flying and the shooting and you can do that just as well now. You'd hardly notice the difference between those aircraft and those of now if everyone else was flying them too.

Maybe he is calling for a Korea scenario.

May we not revisit the tragedy that was imposed on the Korean people again but, that war did have the pinnacle of prop aircraft from Soviet and Western forces.  Not to mention Jets without the boring BVR stuff. :ph34r:

Give it a few years though, we have Boden and Pacific to deal with first.  Then the road to Berlin.

Come on chaps, there's no need to ridicule someone for voicing their opinion just because of the formatting, or if you disagree.

Personally, I'd rather see less late-war aircraft in favour of earlier designs because I find them to be slightly more characterful in a way that is entirely subjective and that I can't support with anything other than personal preference.

But, that said there are a load of later uber-props I would be thrilled to see and I'm hopeful that they'll someday work their way into a release.

Firefly, Seafire XV, Barracuda... sensing a common theme?Maybe if we ever get the Okinawa release I might get lucky but I do t expect them in BoBo.

In the meantime, to get the absolute ultimate props (Seafire mk 47 and Sea Fury) I'll have to hope for a Korean theatre, and run the risk of ending up the 'foil for jets'.

Ah well, a Sea Fury was credited with shooting down a MiG-15 so there's always a chance...

• Upvote 2

MiG-15 vs. F-86 at the BOX level of quality would be amazing I think.

• Upvote 2

Come on chaps, there's no need to ridicule someone for voicing their opinion just because of the formatting, or if you disagree.

Sorry, but I believe the OP has fundamentally misunderstood what this series of flight sims is about. It's called the "Legendary Battles" because it recreates the air action of specific campaigns of WW2. Apart from the Spit Mk. XIV (If that was the plane he was trying to describe)and to a very small degree the Ta 152, none of those planes mentioned fit this format and most of them don't even fit the same theater. Essentially he's asking if the devs could please completely alter the entire premise of their project.

That's why I said that War Thunder is the game for him, because it delivers exactly what he asks for: A hosh-posh of different aircraft, many of which saw no combat action in WW2, duking it out over fictional maps just for the fun of it. 

• Upvote 1

Im with Finkeren on this. WT fullfills everything the op wants. WT may be "trash" but if the op gets his wish its going to drag BoX right down to that level of "Trash" Im not a MP player but what scenario will the servers be hosting with an F8f? Correct me if im wrong but its only combat was with the french in Indochina. Maybe the Antarctic battle against nazi UFOs. But thats it. And the Viet Minh didnt have an airforce.

I don’t know if WT is “trash”, it’s just not a historical flight sim, and as such it has little appeal to me.

Sorry i didnt mean to give the impression you thought it was trash. I was quoting SJ_Butcher. I actually enjoy WT for what it is, a game i can waste a few minutes with on my laptop when my wife decides to watch shite on tv.

No, I disagree. There is no need for elitism. Our hobby is niche enough.

Maybe the OP would be more suited to WT after all and maybe BoX isn't what they're after.

But we have an unfamiliar face on the forums making a post saying they are enthusiastic to see certain aircraft types and they would buy them if available. And this is met with derisive, unhelpful mockery from some and an invitation to go and play a different game, which is subsequently labelled 'trash' and described as something to waste time on.

A better approach would be to engage, discuss and establish what the OP is after and then use that to present a case for BoX.

BoX and WT aren't offering the same thing, they're not in competition either. But I'm sure a lot of people started with WT before moving across to BoX's higher fidelity, greater detail and increased realism.

What we want is to grow the player-base, that is vital to ensuring the long-term growth of the sim. Jason has spoken before in terms of existential survival, that we might not see subsequent releases if enough sales are made.

Even if this isn't the case, the more players there are then the more our community grows, the more likely we are to see new releases and the higher likelihood that everyone's favourite aircraft will be included.

Letting a sense of smug elitism come to the fore and driving people away as a result is not the way to go.

Zyss, if you're after super-props, Bodenplatte will add a load of European types that are up there with the best of them, and in the meantime there will be a La-5FN and Bf-109G-6 which will be the most modern of 1943.

No idea where we'll be after Bodenplatte but I'm sure it'll be a wild ride.

Spitfire XIV might not be a million miles away. Unlikely we'll see a Ta 152 based on scarcity but never say never.

F8F, same story. Although we may be getting a late-war Pacific instalment the Bearcat never saw operational service in WWII or the Korean War (as far as I'm aware). But if we make it to the Pacific I'd be amazed if we didn't get at least a Hellcat and Corsair.

If we see a 'Battle for Berlin' release there may be a La-7, to get an La-11 we'd be talking Korea again.

But one of the dev team (Han) has mentioned he would be interested in doing a Korean theatre and there are many here including myself who would be keen to see it, and if it does happen then not all the aircraft will be jets.

Some food for thought.

• Upvote 3

I don’t know if WT is “trash”, it’s just not a historical flight sim, and as such it has little appeal to me.

I have been playing WT for many years before leaving after their development team made decisions, I considered bad(to be polite). 

From FM point of view, it is not bad. With thermodynamics, engine management became critical to prolonged missions, not just WEP all the time. Your engine will start to lose power if you drained it too much. Gunnery at the time I left was IMHO a bit better than in BoX as well as damage models. 20mm minengeschoss had only 50m/s slower muzzle velocity than red cannons and it is modeled there. As well as proper damage from high explosive shells which do most damage by chemical reaction. What I found a bit inconsistent was .50 calls damage, since they periodically bounced between flamethrower saws to peashooters. Before I left, there was brief time where they were perfect. If you shot them into 109s wings, nothing much would happen, since they just passed through. But if you hit engine, cooling systems, pilot or fuel tank, they did nasty amount of damage. What cripples WT the most is their lack of historical accuracy, as well as their beyond abysmal sound engine, where you can hear enemy engine which is 1500 meters behind you. Other than that, I'd say its pretty decent game and if one concentrates on fighting style that is in BoX(energy fighting) he will find out, that their FMs are actually pretty good.

IMHO, if we got positives from WT and BoX, we would get perfect flight sim. 

Edited by CSAF-D3adCZE

Come on chaps, there's no need to ridicule someone for voicing their opinion just because of the formatting...

Presentation is everything.

• Upvote 1

Presentation is everything.

I'd rather present this community as an open and friendly place, rather than an elitist and exclusionary one.

I'd rather present this community as an open and friendly place, rather than an elitist and exclusionary one.

I fail to see what was unfriendly or elitist about simply pointing out, that the OP most likely isn’t gonna get what he’s asking for from this sim, but that there are other options.

I consider myself a friendly person.

However if you walk up to me and start screaming, making declarations and generally being a goof ball then you'll likely get a different reaction from me than if you'd simply started a calm, intelligent and mature conversation based on reality.

That's just a fact of life, be it here or on the street.

Edited by Gambit21
  • Upvote 1