NETSCAPE

KG 55 over Stalingrad (He 111)

Thanks for the mission, EXACTELY what I was looking for flying in VR! Will give it a try in the next days.

Very much appreciated :)
Cheers

3 hours ago, JG4_Sputnik said:

Thanks for the mission, EXACTELY what I was looking for flying in VR! Will give it a try in the next days.

Very much appreciated :)
Cheers

Well it can be a lot better. As stated elsewhere in the forums, I have developed a new formation logic for a new Sirens of Death campaign. What this accomplishes is the individual Vicc's or Kette to form up together after take and or climb, rather than the "loose" formation. If I apply, test and dial in the formation logic with a KG 55 mission or campaign it will be myriads more epic... hell I might even start on one soon. There are so many Stuka bugs in the current game build - building and testing is monotonous and might be in vain once the AI issues are actually resolved...

• Upvote 2

I did fly the whole mission yesterday (1h 27min) and I have to say I LOVED IT!! Good job mate, in terms of immersion I haven't flown a better mission yet in BoS. 

The taxiing really adds to the immersion and I think it is very well balanced in terms of difficulty. One Heinkel did not come back due to the flak (which was "amazing" to fly trough in VR) and myself got a bit roughed up by a Mig but nothing too bad. It felt really like an achievement to make it home yet it wasn't too stressful :) Bombs were all hits by the way ;)

I agree that the formation needs some work, but it is definitely well worked arround the issues BoS has with AI and formations at the moment. So if you ever going to make other missions, definitely let me know! :salute:

Oh and in the mission description it says that one has to taxi parallel or past the second Ju52 in order to let your Kette enough space - however it is more like the third Ju52, because when I've waited at the second one, number two stopped and didn't want to go forward until I moved past the third Ju.

Thanks a lot and cheers,

Sputnik