BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 47

Hi there!

I hope you've enjoyed the 5th session of early access. Judging by numerous fan videos that you've published where LaGGs and Friedrichs blow up every ground target, you definitely liked the recent game update. It's also interesting to know that some of you found rockets' behavior so realistic that using them in missions turned into a brand new experience - another gameplay feature that is be discovered both by experienced and new-born virtual pilots.

Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding the weaponry, and a special thanks to players who helped us with references and calculations. By the way we'll start gathering an alpha/beta testers team in January. That's not going to be a public casting but you'll meet the testers on the forum anyway - they will wear corresponding tags.

So, early access, week number 7. It's going to be the most prolonged open session: you will get access later today on Friday, December 27th (approx. 20:00 UTC/GMT) and will be able to play freely until January 5th when the server will go offline (20:00 UTC/GMT as always). This time we've added all remaining unlockable modifications to currently available planes including cannons for both fighters and removable armor plates for Bf 109 F-4. So it's time to try out your high caliber weapons in missions against AI-planes and ground forces. Also we keep on working at visual effects, for example, buildings are now destructible.

We decided not to deploy the Stalingrad map this time, and we count on your understanding. It's a very massive and important part of development, and we don't want to risk by giving you too raw content. That's why today we're showing you several screenshots taken on the map. The map itself will be ready for you in January. Yes, it's getting more and more interesting with every update.

Enjoy your Christmas & New Year holidays, and have a great time playing IL2BOS!

il2bos_stalingrad_1.jpg il2bos_stalingrad_2.jpg il2bos_stalingrad_3.jpg

il2bos_stalingrad_4.jpg il2bos_stalingrad_5.jpg il2bos_stalingrad_6.jpg

Full news

You can ask new questions in this thread

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

Thanks!

Historical vs in game:

Mamayev hill:

stalingrad-mamayev.jpg

post-3-0-64319800-1388138090.jpg

City Centre:

stalingrad-central-area.jpg

post-5-0-32085100-1388138361.jpg

Looking good! ;)

Edited by PA-Sniv
  • Upvote 5

yes PA-Sniv have right, it need industrie objects not normal houses, this is important for Stuka or Bomber missions.

And please add more brown mud, the time area is more like November 1942 to middle Januar and note many snow low aviation activities.

Great stuff guys, I missed out on the last session so this time around is a double whammy for me.

Edited by pilotpierre

Can't wait to get back home!

Great Stalingrad-map.

Edited by Mags

slightly bummed at not having the grad....but being able to tinker with some of the unlocks and see if they effect flight characteristics should be pertty entertaining  :joy:

Some of us still can't get rockets or bombs to work.  See Error #10037 and please rectify it.  Thanks.

I've checked your account - it has everything on it and you should be able to use the mods. If the problem persists please specify it in a PM to me

Really impressed at how the Stalingrad map is coming along. The tow houses look a bit basic at this stage, but of course they will improve over time. :) No doubt I will be integrating Red Orchestra 2 clips with BoS for a great video!

amazing how as a RO2 playr I can recognize some of the buildings. Even Mamayev hill is well done.

And for a first we can see tall buildings in a flightsim. 

No wonder they have done a amazing job, and it will even be improve. The destroying building thing  makes me grin. holidays are looking soooo good

• Upvote 1

For such a big city it looks so... empty.

But I guess you guys left a lot of buildings and details out for playability/ performance reasons?

Do buildings and trees get their own shadows in future?

Or will they be left out also for better performance?

Really impressed at how the Stalingrad map is coming along. The tow houses look a bit basic at this stage, but of course they will improve over time. :) No doubt I will be integrating Red Orchestra 2 clips with BoS for a great video!

Great idea!

• Upvote 1

Thnx for heads up!

Downloaded upgrade just now and unlocks indeed.

However still no invert possible for left/right wheel brakes, do you have a date on a fix for that yet?

Realy cramps my 109 landings for now ...

All the best for 2014!

Edited by West

Thanks for the update guys, any chance we will get 'Occupied Buildlings' in the future, that act as bunkers essentially just firing at other axis/soviet designated buildings to give the battlefield some infantry action and CAS targets?

Oh yessssss!!!!  for those playing Red orchestra 2 ....Some buildings are well designed and perfectly recognizable!!  great sim and big thanks you to the dev team...

I cannot wait to return home and fly again!!! :cool:

Edited by C6_Pips
  • Upvote 1

That Stalingrad map looks stunning.  I really like how the small elevations and changes in slope can be seen from the air.

Stalingrad-grain-silo.jpg

From BoS

post-7693-0-57621000-1388138625.jpg

From RO2

GrainElevator.jpg

grain_elevator_stalingrad.jpg

Nice work.

H

Edited by heinkill
  • Upvote 2