SAS_Storebror

Campaign Achievements and Rewards

Dear all,

A while ago I've started to create a list of available "Medals and Badges" (that's what they were called at that time) aka "Achievements and Rewards" available in the Campaign Profile.

The list has always been incomplete and with the availability of further campaigns, informations seems to lack for the achievements and rewards available.

Or did I just miss the obvious?

It'd be really great to have a full list of all available achievements and rewards.

Cheers!

Mike

Those medals will be gone in about a month with patch 3.001.

If i remember correctly, the new campaign won't use the old fictional awards.

Those medals will be gone in about a month with patch 3.001.

Couldn't find anything on the forums like dev diaries or the like to backup that statement.

Where's the message that says that the current achievements and rewards would be wiped? What would be the reason or benefit of doing so?

Sure, a new campaign could use differend awards, but how does this render existing achievements and rewards invalid?

Either case, the question was about the existing achievements and rewards. There sure exists some kind of comprehensive list of available ones, so if anyone knows of a way to get it I'd be pleased.

Cheers!

Mike

Edited by SAS_Storebror

Hi Mike,

You can find my PDF about the Stalingrad Campaign here:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/18366-campaign-awards-info/?do=findComment&comment=288092

I never managed to make a PDF for the Moscow Campaign, but I think I got all the awards. You can check them on my Campaign profile:

https://il2sturmovik.com/stats/campaign/77266-fazer_beam/

Regards,

Fazer.

Couldn't find anything on the forums like dev diaries or the like to backup that statement.

Where's the message that says that the current achievements and rewards would be wiped? What would be the reason or benefit of doing so?

Sure, a new campaign could use differend awards, but how does this render existing achievements and rewards invalid?

Either case, the question was about the existing achievements and rewards. There sure exists some kind of comprehensive list of available ones, so if anyone knows of a way to get it I'd be pleased.

Cheers!

Mike

The only thing I could find was this DD:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/168-developer-diary/page-5?do=findComment&comment=518221

As to the reason for making the change - historical accuracy - or as close as they can get, rather than the made up and rather 'gamey' awards at present.

Thanks Fazer_Beam, looks quite comprehensive.

It appears we both didn't manage to achieve the "Fighter Sharpshooter" medal yet.

I'm wondering whether anyone ever managed to do so.

I for one could swear that I've killed much more than the required 20 enemy plane crew members throughout my campaign flights.

Maybe the game counts different than human beings do? Maybe it counts crew member kills under very special circumstances only?

kendo, I see the Dev's intention to implement a new Career mode with new medals and stuff, yet I fail to see how this should wipe the achievements gathered before and at the risk to repeat myself, I would fail to see any benefit in doing so either.

Cheers!

Mike

Ok. I do see the benefit though. For me personally it will be a more immersive experience. The 'made-up' awards didn't mean anything to me. But each to his own...

"Made-up" awards are just for remembrance. Perhaps it would be better to keep the historical awards and have a full statistical breakdown of your other achievements (number of light/medium/heavy planes killed/damaged, number of injuries/deaths caused/suffered, etc, etc).

• Upvote 1

For me personally it will be a more immersive experience. The 'made-up' awards didn't mean anything to me. But each to his own...

Exactly: To each his own.

A possible way to deal with this would be to either let users choose whether or not to keep their "made up" awards, and/or let users choose whether or not to show "made up" awards on others profiles (and your own), while keeping them stored for others who still like to see them.

The latter would probably be the easiest and most straight-forward approach, because every user could choose how he'd like a user profile to be presented.

keep the historical awards and have a full statistical breakdown of your other achievements

That's nothing else but forcibly wiping the current achievements again.

I'm not about to argue pro or contra "made up" awards vs. "historical" ones, all I'm saying is: If you wipe all achievements a user gathered during the past 3-4 years, this would be a massive slap in the face of those who don't mind whether or not the current award system is "historically correct" - as a matter of fact, you'd forcibly toggle a switch and cause a massive wipe of something the user might have had collected intentionally and laboriously throughout the past years.

Esteem is different.

Back to topic: There seems to be no "official" list of available Achievements and Rewards (or the Devs aren't bored enough to tell), Fazer_Beam provided a pretty close match so the case can be closed.

Thanks.

Cheers!

Mike

Edited by SAS_Storebror
  • Upvote 1

And now it's official and all the formerly achieved fancy gongs are laid to rest. You gotta start from scratch again.

Edit: although it's still visible in the player's Sturmovik page campaign statistics.

Edited by -=[GIAP]=-JG52*ErmarShell*