BartimeusUruk

Joystick (wich one choose)

Hello everybody,

I played Il2 sturmovik 1946 for 2 years on the keyboard .... I can't go any further like this ... not precise enough ... quite impossible to fligh straight foward etc etc ...

So we've few 60 € (100 max) i would like to buy a joystick ...

I spent a couple of days reading discussion on forums, joystick documentation. I think i'm going to buy the trustmaster t.flight hotas X, but there are some people saying he is precise and other the opposite ... or maybe the T610000 from trustmaster to.

Any advice ? sugestion ? idea ?

thank's

PS: sorry for my English ...

The Thrustmaster T16000 is a very nice stick, comfortable, reliable, enough buttons. Get it alone or with throttle if in your budget I don't think you will be disappointed.

My Microsoft ffb2 died 4 years ago ... and my Logitech 3d 3 years ago ...

So it's not my first stick

the problem is that I want a hotas and i don't like the T160000 hotas ... (the fact that it is linear) and I prefer this stick (T160000) to the hotas x one ... so it's quite complicated ... Do you no a good hotas to buy with the T160000 not to expensive ?

Edited by bartimeusUruk

Do any know a little about the Ravcore Javelin suggest by Denes ?

EC.5/25.Corsair so the hotas x isn't bad ?

Ravcore Javelin is OEM version of Gladiator Mk.I for Poland. It is way better to get Gladiator Mk.II and be sure the joystick will not die in 1 year.

Check EU VKB site for Gladiator Mk.II: https://flightsimcontrols.com/store/joysticks/vkb-sim-gladiator-mk-ii-joystick/

If you opt for a TM T Flight Hotas, don't buy the (old) "X" version, buy the (newer) "4" version instead.

(The old version has a terribly large deadband (18%) towards the center, making aiming very difficult.

It has been corrected in the new version, now it's only 6%).

I suggest you to buy another MSFFB2 Joystick (few used) as it is simply the best IMHO.

Edited by EAF_51_FOX

thank's a lot guy's for all your answer !!

if someone know a hotas (alone) not to expensive to buy with the gladiator it will be my choice atherwise i'll by the hotas 4

Edited by bartimeusUruk

Honestly I'm using my X52 throttle with my VKB Gladiator MkII until VKB releases one of their throttle products (I really want that vintage throttle) and it works just fine. Can find a used one off ebay for relatively cheap and it doesnt have that "linearity" of the TWCS throttle you mentioned. 

Anyone got any idea what sort of price the VKB throttle will be?

I've got a Hotas X currently, but it's a bit lacking accuracy.

I'm thinking about the T.16000m Hotas set up (stick and throttle) but if the VKB Gladiator MkII and throttle competes with that on price, I might well wait...

Thanks!

Note1: Does anyone have direct experience of both the Hotas X and the T.16000m sticks?

Is it "night and day" going from the Hotas X to the T.16000m?

Note2: How do the Saitek X52/55/56 units compare to these?

Cheers (didn't mean to hijack the thread!)

Can't say anything about the T.16000 but the X52 (Pro) I had was a major step up from the Hotas X. Way more precision, more stick travel and buttons. It does have some shortcomings but a used model is definetly worth looking it if you're reluctant to spend a fortune for a middle class stick.

As for the Ravcore Javelin, I had the speedlink Airrow (OEM version sold in germany) which died after only a quarter year due to failure of the power cable/unit. Got no replacent cable from either speedlink nor VKB.

Better spend that money wisely...

Edited by 6./ZG26_5tuka

Hello,

I think i'm gonna wait for the gladiator and his hotas, it seem's to be a good joystick

thank's to all of you !

may the wind be favorable for all your flight !

scusate è la prima volta che uso questo gioco,ho comperato trustmaster hotas x ma non riesco a configurarlo,mi servirebbe che qualcuno mi inviasse il file config.ini   che lo copio almeno per cominciare!!!!  grazie mille.

sorry is the first time I use this game, I bought trustmaster hotas x but I can not configure it, I would need someone to send me the config.ini file that I copy at least to begin with !!!! thank you so much.

Anti1953,

Just to to game options > keybinds, select a function, e.g. Drop bombs, press a button in joystick, hit OK.

Repeat for other controls until use all buttons.

You don't need any "config" or "profile" or "programming software". Just follow the "K.I.S.S". :)

I am new to flight sims sort of, played on and off for years but never had hardware to play properly, I bought very strange joy stick and pedals, got joystick new but of ebay as they discontinued them not much production run, but find it exallent as has 6 hat switches, 7 fire buttons, 3 eight way hat switches the other 6 are 4 way, a mouse joystick , and scroll wheel, two independent lockable throtals, 2 more scroll wheels, 4 more buttons and eject on panel. and then has a mode switch that can change  all botton configerations. the only thing is it does not have force feed back and its a fixed stick with adjustable pressure scencing system. find it excellent joystick as can cover all controls from joystick even mouse no need for keyboard either, but not cheap if you can still find a new one. its a Saiteck x65f

If you can stretch your budget out a tad, the CH fighter stick is amazing. Its main feature is the long throw which means you can throw a finger at the whole adjusting sensitivity and curves and just leave everything on 100%

It has a 'pots system' so you can feel horizontal and vertical axes in the stick, not too annoying but might be hard to adjust to if you're really not used to them, I started out as a Newby with it so it doesn't bother me at all, I actually find it quite useful!

It even has a throttle wheel so you don't need a dedicated throttle if your not an ex fighter pilot wannabe

Overall a good stick with tons of buttons and fit my XL hand size comfortably!

Just something else to consider!

I started with the Thrustmaster hotas X and threw that thing in the bin when I first got my hands on a CH stick! It's night and day!

Edited by Superfly29r

I have an old Logitech Force 3D Pro. It is exelent for the price. It also have Force Feedback. You should check it out!

Edited by ShorinRyuKan

Logitech Force 3D PRO has been discontinued for some time now.

OP can scratch Gladiator Mk.II of options list.

Is sold out in EU seller and will not be produced any more.  :huh:

I fly with Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas and Saitek rudder pedals and have never required any additional buttons, slides or hat switches etc.    It has plenty assignable buttons and flying without a separate throttle and joystick just would not seem realistic.