Huntsman

Who is going to buy and fly the G-6?

You want the highest angular velocity you can get - approach the dangerous target from its high 8 (or 4), and end the bounce at low 4 (or 8). Open the fire in the middle of the diagonal run.

Edited by Ehret

Sounds good - if they fly straight, like in a surprise attack. But they seldom do - they always evade/curve.

Maybe difficult, with the "big nose" of the Focke-Wulf, to keep him in sight. But I'll try it, thx Ehret.

And now I guess we better get back to topic.

2 hours ago, Wolfram-Harms said:

??? What do you mean by "slashing attacks"? You said you shave their tails with your prop?

That is not a XOR, you can perform slashing attack and shave his tail. That is my favourite way to attack and shoot down an IL2. Cant wait for the mk108 though.

44 minutes ago, ITAF_Rani said:

G6...near the corner!!:salute:

You mean: it will be released with "Kuban" ? That would be great! I got a pre-order as a present!! Yippeee!!

Edited by Wolfram-Harms

2 hours ago, Wolfram-Harms said:

You mean: it will be released with "Kuban" ? That would be great! I got a pre-order as a present!! Yippeee!!

Yes, there are five aircraft with the 3.001 patch. The Bf109G-6 included.

Honest to goodness I purchased the 109G6 and the La5FN, but I can't remember if I have to activate anything (?)...or does it all just show up in game? lol

15 minutes ago, CUJO_1970 said:

Honest to goodness I purchased the 109G6 and the La5FN, but I can't remember if I have to activate anything (?)...or does it all just show up in game? lol

Yep you have to activate. Go to your profile on the main site (not the forum, your forum profile is a separate entity) and look under “purchases”.

4 minutes ago, Finkeren said:

Yep you have to activate. Go to your profile on the main site (not the forum, your forum profile is a separate entity) and look under “purchases”.

Thanks, mine already has the green box next to 109G6 and La5FN that says "key activated" - maybe it is automatic for non-steam users?

Or maybe I'm just having a senior moment and forgot I already activated them, lol

1 minute ago, CUJO_1970 said:

Or maybe

I think mine was already activated automatically when I went to activate it. Maybe things have changed as far as activation requirements (or maybe that only applies to steam purchases...)

Hmmm maybe I’m the one having a “senior moment”? (at age 36 :()

I distinctly remember activating the keys when I bought the G6, FN and BoBP.

I was lucky enough to have the G6 gifted to me in a giveaway a month or two ago.

Looking forward to some A2G with that big ass nose cannon. :cool:

I expect the G6 to be the weapon of choice against A20s, Pe2s, and IL2s, but the G2/G4 will probably still be the choice for fighter cover.  I could be wrong, but the more nimble performance of the earlier Gs may hold sway for those whose primary target is fighters.

I guess we'll know soon.

I bougth already, I will fly and I want to have all planes to this sim

Spoiler

22 hours ago, Wolfram-Harms said:

Sorry, I don't understand anything... "XOR", "slashing attack"... :wacko:

I don`t know, maybe you`re sarcastic but if I was to explain "slashing attack" I`d describe it as a quick diagonal movement like you do it with a light sword. In the sim it`d mean going fast from bomber`s 8 to 5 o clock coupled with slight altitude change. It works for me against the AI and so besides some times when I flew away from the remaining Pe2 with black smoke from my engine, I don`t seem to remember even one case of my engine stopping immediately or shortly from being hit by gunner fire, be it Me109 or FW190.

24 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

MK108 is magnificent !!!

I am also impressed. One hit on a single seater an "boom" plane structure is completely messed up. Seems like it works as it is told to have been back then. 2-3 Hits to bring down a B17 bomber. Really deadly cannon. 

Yeah its good and also mg151 is now more powerful. At first i though it has to be the new mg131 (which is also excellent), but then I tried different Bf109 and the mg151 is bombastic now.

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

Yeah its good and also mg151 is now more powerful. At first i though it has to be the new mg131 (which is also excellent), but then I tried different Bf109 and the mg151 is bombastic now.

Nothing was changed to the MG 151. Please don't spread false impressions.

• Upvote 3

I remember trying the G6 in QMB, shooting at a LaGG3 with the canon (thinking it was Mk108), damn that was powerful, then released it was the Mg151... :lol:

Unfortunatly couldn't try to online, it's so unstable at the moment.

7 hours ago, Mac_Messer said:

I don`t know, maybe you`re sarcastic...

Naw, sarcasm stinks IMHO - I try not to be. I may get cheeky sometimes, or annoyed - but hopefully not sarcastic.

Thanks for your explanation. Tried it, but with the evasive movements of even "average" AI pilots, it sounds easier than it is.

...besides some times when I flew away from the remaining Pe2 with black smoke from my engine, I don`t seem to remember even one case

of my engine stopping immediately or shortly from being hit by gunner fire, be it Me109 or FW190.

At which distance do you pull away? I was close enough to make it happen almost every time - ca. 100 Meter, I guess.

Oh be joyful, the Mk 108 is upon us, can I get an amen?!?

Seriously though, first time in the G6 and I took a pass at an A-20. First hit with a Mk 108, took the entire vertical stab clean off, and likely messed up the elevator control rods. He pitched up hard and kind of mushed into a right hand spin, as i went by in awe. Took down 3 of 4 A-20s until a lucky shot got my oil cooler, then it was a fairly rapid descent to the nearest field, engine gave up the ghost on final but I still got her down.

2 minutes ago, ITAF_Rani said:

How is the G6 handling?

Didn t test yet..

Have to wait tomorrow morning

I did it a great unfairness: I tested it right after having flown the La-5FN. It was like flying a freight train. 

In reality, it doesn't feel much different from the G4, but first impression for me was "wow, this sucks!"

According to the info from Gavrick, the La-5FN is within 1% error of the average of the 7 test aircraft they were working from, but I gotta say I almost wish it wasn't. It's just a little too good.

Haven't flown it online yet, but if my testing so far is anything to go by, it will mop the floor with any opposition below 3000m for 10 minutes until it reaches the engine limit and then continue to mop the floor at a slightly slower pace after that. Only drawback I've found so far is the horrible view you have of your target with the tiny windscreen and tinier gun sight blocked by that huge block of tempered glass.

I'd like to thank Finkeren and Herr Murf for their gift one more time! 

Flew a QMB with the g6 vs a P39. 4 cannon hits, no significant damage, 5th hit the wing collapsed. I was not impressed. Then i realized the mk108 does not come by default. Tried it again. First hit obliterated the P39 engine, second hit deprived it of a wing. I was impressed. :biggrin: 

I thik the G6 is a really nice plane (and looks great too). Not a match for the La-5FN in a dogfight but then not much will be.

44 minutes ago, ITAF_Rani said:

How is the G6 handling?

Didn t test yet..

Have to wait tomorrow morning

Haven't had a chance to fly it a lot yet, but the MK-108 is a devastating weapon and it is easy to hit with it from 400m. Much more effective against fighters than many thought it would be.

But what really jumps out at me is how good the MG131s are. I easily shot down 2 LaGGs while testing with those two guns alone, and I mean easily.

Killed an A20 in two passes using only the 13mm guns. Killed his wingman in four passes (lots of misses but that on me ) with the Mk 108.  If you attack with E and maintain it she may be more of a beast than we anticipated. She’s a hard hitter with all three guns, that’s for sure. The problem is too many guys are not going to fly to her strengths, get themselves into jams and then blame the machine as a brick. I’ll use it in normal MP for a while before going back to my trusty 190. I think if I fly the G6 similar to the 190 she should do fine. I’m not a TNB guy anyway.

Edited by II/JG17_HerrMurf

1 hour ago, Finkeren said:

According to the info from Gavrick, the La-5FN is within 1% error of the average of the 7 test aircraft they were working from, but I gotta say I almost wish it wasn't. It's just a little too good.

My goodness, this forum is like herding cats sometimes. :dry:

• Upvote 1

I flew the G-6 this evening and found it really cool. It definitely feels "heavier" than the earlier variants, but I think that's fine. In fact I wonder if it makes handling on the ground a bit easier? I have been flying it as jabo and the Mk108 certainly makes a mess of ground targets.

... and I am totally enjoying being able to fly with the Ilmavoimat paintscheme. :cool:

I'm pretty sure the MG131 is nearly as effective as the MG151/20mm. It might even be better...151 is just not doing much by way of blast pressure at all...it can explode right next to a pilot or gunner and not even harm them. 

I really didn't want it but bought it today as a little thank you to the dev team for doing such a great job with BOK. 

Against the La5FN, exacly what I was expecting, may be better: We can quite easily beat it in dogfight (cisors and barrel rolls). And if G6 can, G2 will do a bit better (ligher).

3 minutes ago, F/JG300_Faucon said:

Against the La5FN, exacly what I was expecting, may be better: We can quite easily beat it in dogfight (cisors and barrel rolls). And if G6 can, G2 will do a bit better (ligher).

Glad to hear it. Maybe I’m overestimating the FN based on initial SP impression.

6 hours ago, LukeFF said:

Nothing was changed to the MG 151. Please don't spread false impressions.

Hmm ok,thats strange, probably placebo effect. Sry

1 hour ago, Finkeren said:

Glad to hear it. Maybe I’m overestimating the FN based on initial SP impression.

Pretty sure he meant the La5FN will beat the G6 in barrel rolls, as the Messerschmitts ailerons can't even compare with the FN at any point of the speed spectrum, let alone the G6. Very poor ailerons. 

Edited by Mcdaddy