Huntsman

Who is going to buy and fly the G-6?

1 minute ago, F/JG300_Faucon said:

Well, just like G4, expect it's a little heavier, so it should accelerate a bit slowler. 

I expected that too but after testing I was wrong

32 minutes ago, F/JG300_Faucon said:

So you think G6 accelerate faster than G4? :huh:

I Will do the test tonight, from 250kmh to 450kmh and measure the time in level flight but I am sure of that

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

G6 can handle La5FN, because of G6 climb rate...the higher the alt, the better the G6 does.

G6 is exactly what I was expecting and that's a good thing...fly with discipline and use her strengths and she is a joy to fly. Fly lazy and dumb and she will bite you. She is the thinking man's (or woman's :-)) fighter.

But...the 13mm expose how weak the MG151/20mm is...that lack of blast damage needs to get fixed.

Edited by CUJO_1970

13 hours ago, Wolfram-Harms said:

At which distance do you pull away? I was close enough to make it happen almost every time - ca. 100 Meter, I guess.

I bank out around 220m. I tested Pe2/IL2 gunners many times from different distances. From my observation at below 150m from dead six even Average skilled AI gunner will kill the pilot.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CUJO_1970 said:

G6 can handle La5FN, because of G6 climb rate

Not only climb rate... ;)

The G4-G6 transition is noticeable. The latest Me109 feels heavier but not anywhere near as the Oleg`s G6. I don`t know if I can fight an ace flying La5FN but everything else in the sim is beatable so far. Bad pilots will not appreciate the aircraft.

I see that I`m not the only one surprised at how the 13mm hit hard! Yesterday evening I was testing both weapons, torn apart 5xIL2 with one ammoload. This is much more I`d imagine MG151/20 hitting. Few converged hits anywhere on a fighter is a guaranteed kill, also can be done on 2-3 twing engined bombers though have to concentrate hits on limited surface - wingtip or tail - then even 3 downs are possible.

MK108 is in its own league. Quite hard to hit above 150m and not really suited for fast deflection kills, although I did get few kills from @400m. Basicly anywhere it hits, the targeted plane jumps from huge explosion and a very wide damage radius is made. One hit on the tail blows away elevators or the stabiliser pretty much everytime, one hit anywhere else renders the target barely flyable with huge holes. On average took me 1 hit to desintegrate IL2, 2-3 hits to do the same to Pe2 and 3 hits with A20.

OTOH I fiddled with Airacobra`s 37mm to compare, got slightly worse results both with HE and AP ammo. Not nearly as devastating, much more often the target`s engine died immediately than tearing off any surfaces.

Have to play with convergence on those guns. Did 220m, 150m, didn`t try flat trajectory yet (100m).

37 minutes ago, CUJO_1970 said:

G6 can handle La5FN, because of G6 climb rate...the higher the alt, the better the G6 does.

I did some energy fighting with Yaks (7B, 1B), Spitfires and La5FN starting from  neutral @2500m. The classic spiral climb still works, barely, but FN can keep up with everything I threw at it.

The good thing is, if you try the same lows speed flaps fighting, the G6 reacts only slightly worse than its older brothers.

• Upvote 1

Please take the La5FN impressions with a grain of salt.

1:  It was a good aeroplane in real life, but out of it's element above 3000 meters.

2:  In game it is very good at low levels, as it should be.  Get it out of it's comfort range and then the 109 is superior, as it was in real life.

The FN can come close to leveling the playing field for the VVS in the sim, but it's no wonder weapon. Like any plane, if you play to it's strengths it will kill you, if you play to your plane's strengths you will carry the day.  I have shot down a few Es, Fs and G2s online in an I-16, but that's because they came down and played my game.  If the 109 pilots stay high and play the energy fight, they win almost every time.

Now, as to the G6, I took it out offline yesterday and found the weapons very devastating.  The 131s alone are very good, and the Mk.108, if you can hit with it consistently, is a one shot kill against fighters.  As a ground pounder it makes short work of truck columns, be sure.  I think overall I still prefer the G2, as it gives me more options for my personal flying style.  The G6 feels like what it is... heavier.  Not really my cup of tea.  However, if I was tasked with taking down bombers, or ground attack, it's the LW plane I would take.

1 hour ago, F/JG300_Faucon said:

Yes but how turn performances are tested? What is the entry speed of the turn?

I am not a tester, but as devs have announced that they aim to be within a certain percentage of announced specs, I suppose they also test it somehow. How did you do your tests then?

2 hours ago, F/JG300_Faucon said:

Dogfight is a mix of scissors, barrel rolls, vertical maneuvers.

Yes, but if one plane is superior or at least equal in every parameter that affects ability to do these maneuvers, how could it be easily beaten in a dogfight, considering equal pilots?

2 hours ago, F/JG300_Faucon said:

But if you really want numbers to understand why 109G6 is good against La5FN, look at the weights: 3100 kg vs 3300 kg.

That is one of the input parameters, together with engine powers (max 1480 HP vs 1850 HP), wing area and other parameters, but at the end it will lead to the previously mentioned specs that tell us the aircraft performance.

5 minutes ago, CSAF-D3adCZE said:

I just sent money to my paypal, I hope I can still catch the discount.

You can. Sale has been extended through the 19th.

All of my fears have been eliminated.

She is, quite simply, a muthaf#&1ng BEAST. Maybe moreso than my trusty 190. Flying with only the 20mm gun plus those 13mm's is like having three 20's for hitting power. Haven't faced a Pe2 yet but the A20 is no match nor is any fighter who stays in my sights long enough for my below average aiming ability to take advantage of.

I hope we get a G6 Late with MW-50 and a Erla canopy some day...maybe closer to Bodenplatte. That would be fantastic.

The G6 we have now is awesome though, I love it.

1 hour ago, CUJO_1970 said:

I hope we get a G6 Late with MW-50 and a Erla canopy some day...maybe closer to Bodenplatte. That would be fantastic.

The G6 we have now is awesome though, I love it.

I mean the g 14 is basically that anyway. But i think the devs said something about giving the g6 stuff like mw50, rockets, erla haube during bodenplatte. 

These planes are rather expensive right now. I`ll wait for a sale.