Photo

Who is going to buy and fly the G-6?

• Please log in to reply
350 replies to this topic

#321 II./JG77_Kemp

II./JG77_Kemp

Posted Yesterday, 13:06

good grief I would have thought people would be happy that some correct aircraft are now available for the latter part of Kuban/Taman scenario   give an inch and people want a mile...

What inch and mile are you talking about here? There is a discussion of what mods could be possible. People might be quite happy with limited options. I can understand how people might be even happier with more options. What is a bit harder to understand, why some people are so strongly against these options and try to come up with all kinds of "reasons" why there should be less options. 

#322 a_radek

a_radek

Posted Yesterday, 13:07

Maybe Fenris and I can find something to agree on here, a love of chocolate?  

No. You two would start duking it out over milk vs dark :P 

#323 Finkeren

Finkeren
  • Founder

Posted Yesterday, 13:14

No. You two would start duking it out over milk vs dark :P

Milk! Definitely milk!

What inch and mile are you talking about here? There is a discussion of what mods could be possible. People might be quite happy with limited options. I can understand how people might be even happier with more options. What is a bit harder to understand, why some people are so strongly against these options and try to come up with all kinds of "reasons" why there should be less options. 

What some of us were trying to convey is why the MW-50 will likely not be a mod for the G6. Apparently that really got people up in arms and extremely mad throwing around ad hominems etc. 

Personally I want options that fit the timeframe of the sim, because I personally feel like a bit of a cheater using mods or planes that doesn't fit a scenario (though I have been known to make exceptions when it comes to Fw 190s over Stalingrad ;) ) but I'm not gonna freak out, if the MW-50 makes it into our G6. Who knows? Maybe I might even make an exception for that myself. :)

MiG-3                

The P-51 won the war.

#324 BlitzPig_EL

BlitzPig_EL

Posted Yesterday, 13:26

Some players:  "We want MW-50 because it was available about a year after the BoK timeframe, close enough".

Fine then, can I have a P51B now too?

kthanksbye

8wxp.jpg

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov

#325 Finkeren

Finkeren
  • Founder

Posted Yesterday, 13:31

Some players:  "We want MW-50 because it was available about a year after the BoK timeframe, close enough".

I do wonder: What would those same people have said, if the PTAB had been made available for the IL-2 mod. 42 back when BoS was first released? It's not like they couldn't carry them, they just didn't exist at the time.

Edited by Finkeren, Yesterday, 13:31.

MiG-3                

The P-51 won the war.

#326 II./JG77_Kemp

II./JG77_Kemp

Posted Yesterday, 13:59

I do wonder: What would those same people have said, if the PTAB had been made available for the IL-2 mod. 42 back when BoS was first released? It's not like they couldn't carry them, they just didn't exist at the time.

A wild guess would be that if that option did not exist for real, then people would not want it, and if that option existed for real, then having that modelled in the sim would only be good thing.

I do wonder though, as some people feel so strongly against having more options in the game and there will be lots of new stuff and features coming with BoK, doesn't it carry an additional heart attack risk for these people...  ;)

#327 19//Rekt

19//Rekt

Posted Yesterday, 14:14

Some players: "We want MW-50 because it was available about a year after the BoK timeframe, close enough".

kthanksbye

Works for me, but only if the Malcolm Hood is an option!!!

I can see why people would want the option to have a "late" G6 in their collection apart from getting an unfair advantage against the VVS online. For instance it would be fun to fly a juiced-up G6 offline against the bot hordes. Honestly it feels good sometimes to club the hell out of those guys after a frustrating day at the office.

The other thing that people are assuming here is that everyone will buy BoBp and thereby get access to the G14...building later-war capability into the collector G6 would allow G6 owners who don't have BoBp to reasonably play online with those who did buy it. Which now that I say it would be a disincentive for the devs to include the MW50 etc. so they probably won't do it.

Won't break my heart either way, I bought the G6 primarily to support the project and to put eyeballs on the beule.

Edited by 19//Rekt, Yesterday, 14:20.

#328 Finkeren

Finkeren
  • Founder

Posted Yesterday, 14:16

I do wonder though, as some people feel so strongly against having more options in the game and there will be lots of new stuff and features coming with BoK, doesn't it carry an additional heart attack risk for these people... ;)

I wouldn’t know about that. You’ll have to ask someone who feels strongly about it.

MiG-3                

The P-51 won the war.

#329 Trooper117

Trooper117
  • Founder

Posted Yesterday, 14:39

Did someone mention chocolate? Count me in!

To be honest, I will be happy they are producing the G6 in any form...

Along with the E-7, (the E series being my favourite 109) the G-6 is a close second as it is the 109 that also stands out from the crowd with it's large 'blisters'.

Not only do they make it easily recognisable, but it makes it look more of a brute than the E version. 

IL2.jpg

#330 =LD=Solty

=LD=Solty

Posted Yesterday, 15:10

Some players: "We want MW-50 because it was available about a year after the BoK timeframe, close enough".

kthanksbye

Exactly, but if you say that you want 72'hg power for P51D in December 1944 because 8th AAF used it they will tell you that not enough planes had it even if it is well documented.

#331 9./JG27DefaultFace

9./JG27DefaultFace

Posted Yesterday, 15:24

Lol. Any chance to talk about fuel for the P-51 on the internet and look who shows up  :lol:

#332 Mac_Messer

Mac_Messer

Posted Yesterday, 15:43

2 reasons: 

1. Extra work required to make that mod. A mod that suddenly adds several hundred horsepower to a plane and requires a completely new heat modeling for the engine is not something you do in an afternoon.

2. You know as well as I do, that that mod won't be locked on most servers. 

I conversely ask: Why are you so dead set on flying a 1944 aircraft against 1943 aircraft?

1. I don`t seem to remember you opposed fitting mods on VVS planes because "extra work".

2. Completely irrelevant to the matter, as long as it can be locked out.

Because it is a nice feature to have, period.

kthanksbye

That`s funny. I don`t have time nor the energy to follow your posts around here but I`m pretty sure the next thing happening to on this forum is the plead for the gyro gunsight.

And yes, I`d buy a P51B right now.

campaign%20badges2.jpg :crazy:

Smolensk`41 :: Moscow`42 :: Crimea`42 :: Kuban`42 :: Stalingrad`43 :: Crimea`44

#333 CUJO1970

CUJO1970
  • Founder

Posted Yesterday, 15:54

kthanksbye

giphy.gif

#334 Finkeren

Finkeren
  • Founder

Posted Yesterday, 15:55

1. I don`t seem to remember you opposed fitting mods on VVS planes because "extra work".

Actually that was my second main argument against modeling the MiG-3 with at AM-38 - the first argument being that it’s pretty much a unicorn (not unlike a Bf 109G6 with long radio mast and a MW-50)

MiG-3                

The P-51 won the war.

#335 Cpt_Cool

Cpt_Cool

Posted Yesterday, 15:59

P-51 B would be cool

#336 CUJO1970

CUJO1970
  • Founder

Posted Yesterday, 16:04

Exactly, but if you say that you want 72'hg power for P51D in December 1944 because 8th AAF used it they will tell you that not enough planes had it even if it is well documented.

I suppose it's never too early to start whining about the P-51, but this has got to be some sort of record, right?

#337 CUJO1970

CUJO1970
  • Founder

Posted Yesterday, 16:32

Actually that was my second main argument against modeling the MiG-3 with at AM-38 - the first argument being that it’s pretty much a unicorn (not unlike a Bf 109G6 with long radio mast and a MW-50)

So, what you are saying here is that the development team has already set a precedent - because they have. (and that's fine)

Nobody is complaining about the P-38L being included in Bodenplatte, because the precedent was already set by development team with adding FW190A-3 as collector plane. The precedent being that although the 190 wasn't map/battle specific, it was timeline specific. So, although P-38L had nothing at all to do with Bodenplatte, the (correct) precedent has already been set. Although the P-38L is basically an ETO unicorn - it is there as timeline specific.

So, we have both precedents already set by development team regarding options and timeline.

It is not necessary for development team to spend time or resources adding MW-50 or Erla canopy to be included in BoK, in fact I'm sure they won't include them ( hopefully this will stem the flow of tears from those so opposed to it ).

There is, however plenty of precedent (both in this sim and historically) to add them soon after release if the development team chooses to do so.

#338 =LD=Hiromachi

=LD=Hiromachi
  • Tester

Posted Yesterday, 16:40

I suppose it's never too early to start whining about the P-51, but this has got to be some sort of record, right?

And its never too late to whine about 109, some people almost reach a decade of experience in that regard. 

Futo Fukutsu - Never Give Up, Never Surrender

#339 Trooper117

Trooper117
  • Founder

Posted Yesterday, 18:33

P-38's were based at Le Culot (A-89) airfield when Bodenplatte hit weren't they?  (not sure if they were the L version though)

P-51 B would be cool

It would only be cool if it had an RAF 'Malcomb' hood...

IL2.jpg

#340 Dakpilot

Dakpilot
  • Founder

Posted Yesterday, 19:07

So, although P-38L had nothing at all to do with Bodenplatte, the (correct) precedent has already been set. Although the P-38L is basically an ETO unicorn - it is there as timeline specific.

I thought there were 3 US fighter groups operating P-38 L at time of Bodenplatte, and the 474th operated it until the end of hostilities in ETO, the others converting to P-51, and P-47 later in 45

JG2 and JG4 had the highest loss rates when attacking the fields of St Truiden (P-47) and Le Culot (P-38) during Bodenplatte

Cheers, Dakpilot

i5 3570K at 4,40Ghz//H100i//Asus maximus Gene V//16GB 1600mhz ram//Galax GTX1080 8GB EXOC//Samsung Evo840 128gbSSD x2//LG 49" 3840 X 2160//MSFFB2// Saitek throttle quadrant//Win10-64bit

#341 19//Rekt

19//Rekt

Posted Yesterday, 19:30

It would only be cool if it had an RAF 'Malcomb' hood...

I want this for the side windows of my car!

#342 dburne

dburne
  • Founder

Posted Yesterday, 19:56

I must say.

When a " who is going to buy and fly the G6" thread gets 340 replies and over 9k views in two weeks that tells me one thing:

We are in dire need of a new Developer Diary!

:biggrin: 

Edited by dburne, Yesterday, 19:56.

Don

EVGA X79 Dark MB | Intel I-7 4820K @ 4.50 GHZ | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite | Corsair H100i | 2 ea Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB SSD | VPC Mongoose| Warthog Throttle |MFG Crosswind Pedals | Oculus Rift | Windows 10 64 Bit |

#343 skline00

skline00
  • Founder

Posted Yesterday, 20:12

I saws the chocolate "discussion" and want to mention that I live near Hershey, PA so if you need some Milk Chocolate, I'm close to the "epicenter"  of Milk Chocolate! :P

5960x-4.4-EK evo|AsusRE5|16g DDR4-2133|Gigabyte Aorus Extr GTX1080TI with WB |2Smsng 850 EVO 500gb ssds Raid0|2Tb WD Blk|Win10-64|PC P&C 1200W|Thrmltake X9|2 D5s-3-480rads|Acer ET430k|Oculus Rift

1800x-4.0-EK evo|AsusC6H |16g(2x8) DDR4-3200|ZOTAC GTX 1080 FE-EK Blk | Corsair MP500-480G PCIe NVMe;SanDisk Ultra II 960g|Win10-64|EVGA 850W|-EK D5-140 2-360mm rads |Dell U3415W

#344 EAF19_Marsh

EAF19_Marsh
  • Founder

Posted Yesterday, 21:05

Cadbury Crunchie for preference.

And a a G-6 with whatever.

#345 Cathal_Brugha

Cathal_Brugha

Posted Yesterday, 21:08

Although the P-38L is basically an ETO unicorn - it is there as timeline specific.

How is the P-38 a "unicorn"? It certainly was not that uncommon. 

Edited by Cathal_Brugha, Yesterday, 21:33.

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. -Mark Twain
Trucks Move America!
Good Stuff-Trucks Bring It.
If You Bought It A Truck Brought It.
If what doesn't kill you makes you stronger then I'm training to be Superman!

#346 Go_Pre

Go_Pre
  • Founder

Posted Yesterday, 21:28

I’m fine with no MW-50, as long as the G-6 gets this option (and others) later for BoBp. Like others have said, a G-6 late...

"Fighter pilot is an attitude. It is cockiness. It is aggressiveness. It is self-confidence. It is a streak of rebelliousness, and it is competitiveness. But there's something else - there's a spark. There's a desire to be good. To do well; in the eyes of your peers, and in your own mind."  - Robin Olds

"A lot of people run a race to see who is the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts, who can punish himself with an exhausting pace, and then at the end, punish himself even more."  - Steve Prefontaine

#347 Rabitzky

Rabitzky
  • Founder

Posted Yesterday, 21:43

​How about a Bf 109 G-10 with variometer, DB 605 DM and/or DB and U4 option (MK 108) as additional collector plan for BoBp. That would close the loop.

Development can be done in parallel with K-4.

Edited by Rabitzky, Yesterday, 21:47.

#348 RoflSeal

RoflSeal

Posted Yesterday, 23:00

How is the P-38 a "unicorn"? It certainly was not that uncommon. 

By this time in France/Low Countries, only 3 FGs used P-38s in the WTO. By the end of the war it was only one, the other fighter groups converted to P-51 and P-47 in 1945. P-38 was certainly a rare sight over Western Europe in this period of the war

Edited by RoflSeal, Yesterday, 23:02.

#349 SCG_Fenris_Wolf

SCG_Fenris_Wolf

Posted Yesterday, 23:38

Milk! Definitely milk!

What barbarism.

There is no real chocolate with less than 70% cocoa!  :big_boss:

No wonder you lost Schleswig!  :megaphone:

FW stands for Fenris Wolf

#350 Wolfram-Harms

Wolfram-Harms

Posted Today, 00:30

What barbarism.

There is no real chocolate with less than 70% cocoa!  :big_boss:

No wonder you lost Schleswig!  :megaphone:

Maybe I can reconcile here! You guys should visit the RAUSCH Chocolate Company in Berlin!

You will definitely find your chocolate type there, and forget all other disputes eating it!

https://www.rausch.de/

#351 6./ZG26_Klaus-Mann

6./ZG26_Klaus-Mann
  • Founder

Posted Today, 01:50

Well, as something to keep you away in the Cockpit I do really like Scho Ka Kola. It's properly good Chocolate and has some Proper Caffeine in it. And the Tin makes it really durable in Backpacks. It's very pleasant. not very sweet, and just the right amount of bitter. 

220px-Schokakola_1941.jpg250px-2014_Scho-ka-kola_tin.jpg

I saws the chocolate "discussion" and want to mention that I live near Hershey, PA so if you need some Milk Chocolate, I'm close to the "epicenter"  of Milk Chocolate! :P

Well, American Chocolate tends to be too Sweet for the European Palette. Over all our Foods contain a lot less Sugar and no High Fructose Corn Syrup at all. 

That's why most American Chocolate Brands here are a lot less sweet to begin with and are often offered in Dark Chocolate Varieties. 

Given that the Tall Tail was standardized on in early 1944, and that MW50 became a more common Fitment only shortly afterwards, I think an MW50 boosted G-6 with the normal tail would have been somewhere between exceedingly rare if ever available. 

So I doubt it will ever be available as even a mod. Maybe a Late G-6 will become available for mid 1944 Scenarios with it as a Mod, but not ours, as a 1943 model. 

"If you have reasons to love someone, you don't love them" (Slavoj Zizek)
9dNzTpe.jpg
2iW21Np.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users