Sign in to follow this  
Bulldog7

Multi BOX Expansions

Hi All , 

Do all BOX titles merge into one exe when installed.

Secondly is both BOS and BOM VR capable now.

And does BOS and BOM receive graphic updates to land-class and alike similar with the new BOK release. Texture updates

Newby .... But Old IL2 forgotten battles / Pacific fighters player returning to the newly freshened up BOX series.

I have Bought BOK and presale BOB , But will I gain much (Updated textures) from purchasing backwards series.

Thanks

1. Yes

2. Yes

3.Yes, Stalingrad maps will receive updated textures, all winter maps will get big overall update, BoM maps receive updated airfields tech from later series for improved FPS

BoM map textures are already pretty impressive and it feels same gen as BoK 

4. As new tech is developed - longer view rendering distances/lighting/shadows etc. they effect all maps including the older ones

Cheers, Dakpilot

Welcome back.  :)

I´m in a similar position having been a sim nut years ago (with a brief return to RoF a few years back).

The BoX series pretty much runs as one game.  If you are missing one of them you are restricted from the sp content and using the planes online, I do think you can use the map online however (on servers), someone will correct me at any rate if thats not the case.

BoX and later things that will be built on it (like flying circus) work in VR (and it is a truly amazing experience).

Buying BoS would be more about getting access to specific planes or to access the single player experiences related to that battle.

Edited by North_Wolf

Yep , Beautiful thanks Lads, pretty much the answers I was looking for. Thank-you 

Just to clarify:-    By owning *only* BoK you can use the Kuban map online & offline but cannot use the Stalingrad or Moscow maps offline.  You can fly on Moscow & Stalingrad maps in online servers made by someone who owns Bos or BoM as long as the planesets include one or more of your BoK aircraft.   You cannot use BoS & BoM aircraft offline or online.    When you buy another expansion, eg BoS,  you will then also have access to the BoS map for offline use and the BoS offline missions as well as being allowed to fly BoS aircraft in online servers.  

Basically it works as if the game on your hard drive has every released expansion in it but some parts are locked until you pay for those expansions.   This is why when a new expansion is released with improved graphics those improvements are applied to all the other expansions at the same time.  The official BoK release will include improved versions of BoS & BoM as well and even people that have not bought BoK will get an update to their older expansions.

Excellent , yes did see this when I gave the online a go last night, and you're spot on when maps changed I was limited to the aircraft I currently have housed.

Thanks for the detailed responses as it has cleared up a few questions I had. My main concern was that if I purchased BOS in particular would I notice the old vs the new with the BOK release.

As you have explained , All variants should see an advance in textures and overall improvements in some way or another. 

Cheers and thank you all