samson

TAMAN BRIDGEHEAD - SP scripted campaign for Bf109G-6

An update happened to Taman Bridgehead Campaign.
Updated version available via old link or here.
From now campaign got custom skins (6 Bf-109G-6), player's 4k, rest 2k. 
Skins here
some skins preview:

2019_10_1__17_51_30.thumb.jpg.7d4e2169a9c20be300932e753c565847.jpg

2019_10_1__17_51_43.thumb.jpg.838cd7cd549c17bb1e6d6df414feaaf2.jpg

2019_10_1__17_52_8.thumb.jpg.fe2d3e5eea4216fd8c37036f8a577622.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Now, I could I finally finished Mission 6 and move on :yahoo:I am enjoying now :gamer:

Now stuck with the same problem in Mission 8 .... (I wonder what I am doing wrong ....) :russian_ru:

Edited by 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan

Eight mission. 
Flew it last week daily. You just have to land somewhere. By the way, there is rearm/replenish unit at 8th mission. It is an Opel at Kievskaya a/f. Not far from a combat zone (Krymskaya). So, if you spent your ammo in the fight with fighters you may rearm at Kievskaya and back to scramble at the time when stukas perform their bomb raid.

Anyway. Will check today and report. Thanx for responce!

• Like 1

Thanks, Samson. I really like the campaign. I just do not understand why after landing I don't get the green completed mission.

I will try today and make a video if I encounter this problem again.

The RRR was a great idea and addition. I will use it today too.

By the way, did you make any change in mission 6? Because this time it worked in my first attempt.

I've looked at the mission in editor.
First of all I was wrong about landing anywhere. Player should land back at Anapa base and mission will count after player's landing report (you should hear a radiochat). And it was this "replenish" unit at Kievskya that forced me to reset mission complete conditions :). Best the enemy of the good. 

6th... Honestly, I can't recall... I remember I was surprised by not being shut down at  straffing area this time (usually happened). But didn't bother myself and left it as it was. 

Mission 8: I did everything by the book including the RRR at the nearby base. I let everybody land before me and then I landed at Anapa. I got a message saying: " Now taxi to the guy firing the white flare". Of course, I did not see that guy and I taxied every possible where in the base but I couldn't get the completed mission.

Where is the GUY? :dash:

Sorry for that.
I've replaced entire Taman Bridgehead.zip file with the 8th mission with simple logic.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, samson said:

Sorry for that.
I've replaced entire Taman Bridgehead.zip file with the 8th mission with simple logic.

Nothing to be sorry about. I really appreciate your time in doing this campaign :)

:yahoo:Finally moving on to the sub mission 9 :gamer::pilot:

Mission 10 now Freie Jagd. Everything great now.

• Like 1

Hi @samson I would like first of all to congratulate you on the great work of this Campaign.
As I could see, the same mission has several different beginnings, and also, according to whether the same mission has to fly again, many things also vary. that is, never fly twice, the same mission.

I add an image, where you can see that on my PC I cannot see its type of writing. I get question marks. ?????

1185885980_Sinttulo.thumb.jpg.d83f6116d75988aed45bc0f44558f373.jpg

i wanted to thank you for the opportunity the flight this Campaing

but, I would like it to happen to me, all the texts of all the missions. My interest is only to be able to make a translation in Spanish as accurate as possible (MCUs "Traslation Subtitle") ..

I have already tried accessing their missions but since their writing is Cirilica, I get the MCUs Trslation Subtitle 15276 from the first mission

If you can pass me a writing in .TXT with the MCUs Trastation Subtitles and next to the mission that it is, I would be very happy. because as I said, your campaign is spectacular

I don't know if I will be able to translate well, since I don't use the mission editor well. But what you could do if you failed to do so is pass the translations done, so that you add them.

Thank you for everything, and I congratulate you again for this nice Campaign

Hi there!
Generally you can take all text information fro *.eng files.
But in this particular case I really forgot to update 01.eng file after adding this subtitle in russian. That's why it appears in cyrilic. It informs you about your wingman being killed.

01.thumb.jpg.6f1a5af67bfacbf9fd5b5f8d4a8bb329.jpg

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, samson said:

Hi there!
Generally you can take all text information fro *.eng files.
But in this particular case I really forgot to update 01.eng file after adding this subtitle in russian. That's why it appears in cyrilic. It informs you about your wingman being killed.

01.thumb.jpg.6f1a5af67bfacbf9fd5b5f8d4a8bb329.jpg

Thanks @samson .

@durruti send the all files for the translate to spanish.

in this moment four files.spa for the four first missions is translate. Thx for this great Campaing

On 10/10/2019 at 7:29 PM, samson said:

An update happened to Taman Bridgehead Campaign.
Updated version available via old link or here.
From now campaign got custom skins (6 Bf-109G-6), player's 4k, rest 2k. 
Skins here
some skins preview:

Hide contents

2019_10_1__17_51_30.thumb.jpg.7d4e2169a9c20be300932e753c565847.jpg

2019_10_1__17_51_43.thumb.jpg.838cd7cd549c17bb1e6d6df414feaaf2.jpg

2019_10_1__17_52_8.thumb.jpg.fe2d3e5eea4216fd8c37036f8a577622.jpg

Hello Samson 🙂

If I want to download this SC, latest version, should I download from the "here" link in your post?

Thanks in regards

Edited by ME-BFMasserME262
typo

Yes.
This is the latest version of this SP campaign!
Honestly there is no other versions. Each time I do update I completely delete all old files. Not saving vaste.

• Thanks 1

Hmm... Just tried first mission and disspointment was there: the intro ran without music. Just fixed at my local drive. Haven't share yet.
Did music play at the very beginning of the first mission?

• Like 1

I landed successfully in Anapa in first mission (without fuel...) but when finish the mission, it says in the briefing "mission failed", I cannot pass to mission 2. Any hints? how it could be complete?

Edited by Gryzor

Looked at the mission in editor. On plane landed event mission counts complete. Reflew the mission, landed succesfully. No surprises - mission complete.

I landed also, with mission complete message (10 minutes ago). However, the campaign doesn´t move to next stage (mission 2 is impossible to reach, with the starting of a new campaign).

Edit: In fact, starting a new campaign, it shows only one mission (15)

Edited by Gryzor

Ah, man. 15th mission uses Bf-109G-4 as player's plane. While whole campaign player ride G6. If you see only 15th, then you didn't buy premium G6. But how  did you fly 1st mission?

I think that my campaign started only in 15th mission (the one espape with low fuel), then I understand why... thanks!

I dont get the point of the 3rd mission. No matter how soon I start the engine, the fighters attack and kill me or kill my plane before I could take off. Tried literally 10 times to take off. One, I managed to take off, but the plane was almost completely destroyed. Both wings and engine were full of bullets, and the engine died after some minutes after leaving the ground.

So I gave up and aborted the mission... To realize 3rd mission is completed! and I can do the 4th one already, "Polite reply". Dont see the point of the existence of the 3rd mission at all then.

On 12/18/2019 at 3:24 AM, ME-BFMasserME262 said:

I dont get the point of the 3rd mission. No matter how soon I start the engine, the fighters attack and kill me or kill my plane before I could take off. Tried literally 10 times to take off. One, I managed to take off, but the plane was almost completely destroyed. Both wings and engine were full of bullets, and the engine died after some minutes after leaving the ground.

So I gave up and aborted the mission... To realize 3rd mission is completed! and I can do the 4th one already, "Polite reply". Dont see the point of the existence of the 3rd mission at all then.

Maybe the message of this mission is "not every fight can be won"...

On 12/18/2019 at 3:24 AM, ME-BFMasserME262 said:

In times when this mission was created (and tested) I managed to avoid enemy's attack EACH TIME.
Now, maybe AI got smarter. I should check it and tune all odds.
Thank you for report!

• Upvote 1

Tried the mission couple of times. First time cobras didn't attack immediately so I took off undisturbed. Next time they shot but I managed to avoid fatal damages and taxi to "repair unit" placed at windsock. Kite was repaired but the skin proceeded wear damages :( . Despite this, I took of and killed all enemies (not important).

Hi samson, I was looking for Kuban campaigns and found Taman Bridgehead, but unfortunately I don't own the premium planes. Is there a way to change the player's plane to standard edition of Kuban (let's say, G4?). If so, what would one do?

If not, all is well, thanks for letting users play your campaign for free.

Cheers

7 hours ago, jokerBR said:

Hi samson, I was looking for Kuban campaigns and found Taman Bridgehead, but unfortunately I don't own the premium planes. Is there a way to change the player's plane to standard edition of Kuban (let's say, G4?). If so, what would one do?

If not, all is well, thanks for letting users play your campaign for free.

Cheers

My guess you may try to edit *.mission file with notepad.exe, find the row with player's plane and change it to G4.
Don't forget to delete *.msnbin files.

Hi samson, thanks for your response. Tried that (deleted compiled missions, altered Player plane on all missions to be G4 - using the editor - and then recompiled). No dice. Only mission shown is the number 15, which I've flown successfully.
Oh, forgot to mention I also altered the info.txt to have &planes= <nothing> line. Found this tip on another thread.
There's a detail hiding in the clouds that I cannot figure out. :scratch_one-s_head:

Anyway, it was worth the try.

Cheers

• Confused 1

Wait a second - you'd changed missions in editor and the result was negative?..
Ground has gone from under my feet... What has left in this world to be sure of?

Edited by samson

Edited the info.txt and put the G4 as a requirement. Recompiled. Only mission 2 is missing now... will check the Mission file and see if I can identify what's different.

Being stubborn pays sometimes. :biggrin: