samson

TAMAN BRIDGEHEAD - SP scripted campaign for Bf109G-4(6)

Have you land on island in 15th... or 16th mission?

Just curious. Allways try to figure out something not usual for specific game but don't know how people participate in.

Actually... no, I didn't land on the island because the Spitfire flight was coming.

I have landed too on this small island.

But I later crashed during take-off (too much holes made me hammer the nose into the ground...)

:) 
Yeah, s... happens! You can crush while landing, you can crush while take off, then lieutenant Korts also may crush at take off or you both can get home. A lot of options.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for this brilliant campaign. I have just completed Taman Bridgehead and enjoyed every minute. OK so I needed to re-fly most of the missions until I managed to move on but that in no way spoilt the overall enjoyment. 

Cheers

Branston

• Thanks 1

Ok the Escape  mission really got to me as I failed to get off the ground numerous times.I either crashed into wreckage or trees, through faulty response from my rudder/brake pedals that I failed to deal with properly, starting my move to the left too late & getting hammered by the soviet light tanks either as I was taking off or immediately after, trying to taxi my way through the obstacles on the right ( big mistake...) over anxious take off that led to crashes et c.. I became obsessed with completing this simple airfield to airfield mission. Finally I got off the ground & on my way  & avoided all combat with the IL-2 1943 s hovering around the edges & full throttled my way to the new airfield...You  might guess what happened next? Yes I ran out of gas & flight on short final & crashed trying to stretch out the glide...D___N! Immediately flew the mission again, this time throttling way back to conserve fuel. Again short final on an airfield I hadn't seen before..in my anxiety to get down before fuel ran out.I floated /flared a bit too far and smashed into one of the emplacements at the far end of the field. I needed rest...Next day , a light bulb went off...for the first time in BoS I adjusted the fuel load to about half a tank up from the gallon or two you had put in it. After a try or two or three I successfully got off , flew to the airfield and had time to fly around the rain drenched field. A long approach from the sea seemed to offer the best chance & i took it!...finally I have finished this deceptively simple mission! Many thanks for your efforts you snagged me in my own private "Ground Hog Day!"

• Haha 1

Yes, this mission indeed was a difficult one, with having to navigate the chaos on the airfield. I remember running out of fuel when I chased an ishak on the way to the destination, and quickly learned to ignore them. Subsequently I flew the most direct route possible, with throttle quite low and managing the elevator trim throughout the flight, and was able to get to the final airfield with the mission's default values. Maybe with seconds to spare, I'm not sure.

In next mission you should try to bring lieutenant home. He just stuck at island and need a hand to start his engine. )

One of my faves, but doesn't seem to work for me with new upgrade...i may never know if I can rescue my fellow pilot from the island sandbar he is stranded on...is there an easy fix ?

Actually, working on it right now. I change G4 to G6, then P39 surely appears,  decrease turbulence much... Gimme a couple of days)

I'll look forward to the new work & of course the G-6! Many thanks!;)

Actually, is there a chance to keep a G-4 version (or just the current version updated to work with 3.001) for those of us who don't buy the G-6?

Thanks.

Looking forward to trying it with the wind turbulence turned down, kind of set it aside because of the wind............. 

Cheers

Hoss

9 hours ago, WWGriphos said:

Actually, is there a chance to keep a G-4 version (or just the current version updated to work with 3.001) for those of us who don't buy the G-6?

Thanks.

Will be done. Though it will be yet another version: with p39, low turbulence and little upgrades here and there, and G4. Gonna make it separate campaign.

Honestly, I've noticed that the very shape of coastline eastward from Novi changed a bit, so "Katushas" appeared dipped into seawaves... So, I fixed this and couple another things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for all the hard work on these campaigns. Really appreciated!  You should add a little donate button to the initial post. 

Hey whats up!
The link at first post updated to version 3.001
Now you fly Bf-109-G6.
"blue skies"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Aaaarrgh you kill me m8. I have not this plane :ph34r:

No matter, I will edit with the ME :cool:

Edited by PatCartier

Well, within days I'll upload an G-4 version for 3.001 anyway. :salute:

Thanks Samson for that campaign.

I will fly it.

S!

My guess not  mostly because of " bulges" above nose machine guns. Mapping is completely different. 

That's weird, I tried the first mission, the wingman was directly shot by a Yak but the mission is successful anyway (I suppose the only way to keep him alive is to order him to wait back, though they don't always follow that order).

I've also shot a P-39 down but got the message "penalty for shooting down a friendly", yet the plane was counted properly in the statistic. Anyone ever had this?

1. In all missions you have only get back in one piece to get mission accoplished. I made this point easy. 

2. You are the "lucky one" to encounter trick I tried to create but then gave up (it was back in october and I successfully forgot this). And only now I just can call it back in my mind. Yet for the pair of P-40 I tried to create a situation of capturing a plane and a pilot alive. Like you shoot down a leader and then after approaching remained fellow he shoots a flare as a sign he gives up, the nationality of the plane switches, he follows you and land at Anapa. But the difficalties with plane to plane communication forced me to leave this idea. But the set of triggers remained and recollects rarely my guess. Sorry for that. But you know the process of creating missions is also  a process of learning. I tried this and that. .. Sorry again, though it did not ruin the game )

Also I sorry for the music that plays too loud in first mission... Though the song is good.

3 minutes ago, samson said:

1. In all missions you have only get back in one piece to get mission accoplished. I made this point easy. 

2. You are the "lucky one" to encounter trick I tried to create but then gave up (it was back in october and I successfully forgot this). And only now I just can call it back in my mind. Yet for the pair of P-40 I tried to create a situation of capturing a plane and a pilot alive. Like you shoot down a leader and then after approaching remained fellow he shoots a flare as a sign he gives up, the nationality of the plane switches, he follows you and land at Anapa. But the difficalties with plane to plane communication forced me to leave this idea. But the set of triggers remained and recollects rarely my guess. Sorry for that. But you know the process of creating missions is also  a process of learning. I tried this and that. .. Sorry again, though it did not ruin the game )

(1) Would have been my guess, thanks for making it easy. Please just don't tell anyone I let my wingman down ;)

(2) Ah, that explains it, for a moment I thought I had visions seeing the message :biggrin: It seems to be a great idea, too bad it didn't work out... in any case it's good to have original campaigns that are a little out-of-the-box!

I am having trouble installing.  All other campaigns install fine, but for this one I only have mission 15, Escape (which is fabulous).  Really would like to play the rest of the campaign.

On 4/3/2018 at 3:30 AM, 68thLizard said:

I am having trouble installing.  All other campaigns install fine, but for this one I only have mission 15, Escape (which is fabulous).  Really would like to play the rest of the campaign.

Well, the only difference in 15th mission is player's plane. In 15th it is G4 of Slovak squadron. For all other missions you have to posses Bf-109-G6 cause it's a premium plane, my guess.
 I've started the campaign as "anew" and tried first mission. Everything went well untill I was down by Pe-2's rear gunner. 

On 4/4/2018 at 2:56 AM, WWGriphos said:

Any news on the G4 version for the new update, or did I miss it?

I'm back from a little journey and about to update "G-4" version this wekend

On 4/3/2018 at 3:30 AM, 68thLizard said:

Just a thought came to my mind. may be you need to do things described in this post: 

• Upvote 2

You are correct @samson, I thought I had purchased the G6, but I was mistaken. I will buy it and try again as this campaign looks fun!

• Upvote 1

Thank you for the skins and the campaign I'll give it a try!

On 4/9/2018 at 9:38 AM, samson said:

Has the original posting of the Campaign also been updated? Going the site above gives me all the individual files ,which is something I haven't seen before..?

1 hour ago, Blitzen said:

Has the original posting of the Campaign also been updated? Going the site above gives me all the individual files ,which is something I haven't seen before..?

I added a link at the bottom of first post.
What about "individual files"... It is just the way google disk treats this archive file (zip). You see, I did upload a single zip file and then looked at it: zip file appeared to be a bunch of individual ones... May be I did something wrong I thought; delete those files, upload again - same result... I gave up and left it as is) sorry. 
What would I suggest? Just create a folder within ...1C Game Studios\IL-2\data\Campaigns\YOURFOLDER and put all files under the link right into YOURFOLDER. I suggest Taman Bridgehead_G4

Thanks for this!  

@Blitzen If you'll click the little triangle/arrow where it lists the folder title ("Taman_Bridgehead G4"), a drop down menu will appear and one of the options is download.  If you'll click that, then it will download a zip file with the proper folder structure as usual.  Then place the folder inside that zip file into your data/campaigns folder and you're good to go.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, samson said:

I added a link at the bottom of first post.
What about "individual files"... It is just the way google disk treats this archive file (zip). You see, I did upload a single zip file and then looked at it: zip file appeared to be a bunch of individual ones... May be I did something wrong I thought; delete those files, upload again - same result... I gave up and left it as is) sorry. 
What would I suggest? Just create a folder within ...1C Game Studios\IL-2\data\Campaigns\YOURFOLDER and put all files under the link right into YOURFOLDER. I suggest Taman Bridgehead_G4

This worked-thanx!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Just finish to play this story...Thanks for all the fun Samson…;)...Landing (and take off :biggrin:) on the island at my first attempt (I'm very proud of that…:new_russian::rolleyes:…)...Thanks again...Very nice Campaign...:good:

Edited by Swing
  • Thanks 1