1_Robert_

G6 vs La5fn

It is not OK to hate blue Pilots, and I doubt if any people do

Just, there is a very small minority who give them a bad name in every sim, there is a reason a certain 'term' was coined many years before BoS even came out

It is mostly how you go about saying something, than what you say

Cheers Dakpilot

• Upvote 3

I hate german Pilots as much as I do Cats. They think of themselves as God's perfect killing machines, I find them cute and rather pick them up and cuddle and kiss them 'till they get  pissy. 

I hate german Pilots as much as I do Cats. They think of themselves as God's perfect killing machines, I find them cute and rather pick them up and cuddle and kiss them 'till they get pissy.

And why your nick is ZG26 Klaus? Looks kind of german for me
  • Upvote 1

Klaus statement was more than just the first sentence mate... 

And regarding hate for the other side of those who only fly one side: Seems natural. Just don't forget, there are those Jak pilots that use the 'inverted snaproll' to evade. That's as unrealistic as it can get, and game mechanics abuse especially. So, there's really no side without its 1337-idiots  :rolleyes:

And regarding hate for the other side of those who only fly one side: Seems natural. Just don't forget, there are those Jak pilots that use the 'inverted snaproll' to evade. That's as unrealistic as it can get, and game mechanics abuse especially. So, there's really no side without its 1337-idiots  :rolleyes:

Those inverted snap rolls annoy the hell out of me too, makes me wonder what the negative G stress limitations were for these AC, let alone how uncomfortable it would have been for the pilot. Now I think about it, is red out featured in game ?

Those inverted snap rolls annoy the hell out of me too, makes me wonder what the negative G stress limitations were for these AC, let alone how uncomfortable it would have been for the pilot. Now I think about it, is red out featured in game ?

Um that's a 'negative'...

Sorry couldon't help myself, I'm actually not sure, I know I've blacked out or com close to.. I never fly inverted long enough to find out

I think it is but no more than blackout. It blocks the screen but you can still manipulate the controls and fly the airplane... so not really blacked out but just temporarily blinded.....

That being said there is redout in DCS too and Mustangs still do it all the time......

• Upvote 1

The G6 was always a dog... The only thing that made it anything was the MK108 option.  The AS version was pretty cool but it wasn't until the G10/G14 things got interesting.  By the time the K4 came around it was clear the LW was changing all of their airplanes to kill bombers. 

I've wondered for a long time what the Red equivalent of a Luftwhiner is, because they absolutely exist. I volunteered "Commiser" a while back for those who'd shield our bolshevik birds from all criticism, but since that small group of angry lufties are more usually of the history channel variety and thus easy targets, I rarely see any scorn levered the other way. Stalimbeciles? VVSalty? 

• Upvote 2

What an idiotic generalisation.

Apparently my Humor is lost in Translation. I love Cats, adore them. They are therapeutic in a way and take your mind of things. I am the guy who posts Kittens when people get entrenched in stupidity.

And my Statement Concerns both Cats and Fighter Pilots. As fun as they are to look and an play with, they have an important Job in Pest Control, wether it's Mice or Yaks, makes no difference.

Read between the Lines Goddamit.

Edited by 6./ZG26_Klaus-Mann

Apparently my Humor is lost in Translation.

It's okay, some of us could tell you were being tongue in cheek :) Although German humour, you know ... it's a bit special  :P

Edited by Tomsk

I've wondered for a long time what the Red equivalent of a Luftwhiner is, because they absolutely exist. I volunteered "Commiser" a while back for those who'd shield our bolshevik birds from all criticism, but since that small group of angry lufties are more usually of the history channel variety and thus easy targets, I rarely see any scorn levered the other way. Stalimbeciles? VVSalty?

[edited]

When I choose side it's maybe balance or just I like that plane or join ppl who are flying that side currently. I would like all planes to be modeled as accurate as possible doesn't matter blue or red.

Edited by SYN_Haashashin

Well, Memes concerning this Topic are Oleg's "Two Weeks, be sure", "Sekrit Dokumintz", "Stalinwood" and "Every German Dokument is Propaganda Lies."

Well, what about a "Slavoleg"?

I sincerely hope, that noone on this forum “hates” the players who prefer one side or another (I assume most of us fly for both sides once in a while) or prefer a specific plane. What a pitiful waste of energy that would be. There are plenty of real life douches that are well deserving of all that hate. Please don’t waste your hate like this.

Frequent WoL fliers will pick one side or another to fly for a month or more.  That said when I browse the top scoring players I see the same names on the same sides again and again.  The emotions that people stoke in this are silly - Russian pilots look down on German pilots and cling fanatically to their belief that Russian planes are worst so they are superior pilots.  Germans often dislike the Russian pilots because they don't understand how they manage to consistently out perform them or sneer at the fact that many Russian pilots seek to devalue a kill by whining and claiming superior German aircraft performance was the real reason they perished.  Flying both sides gives superior perspective and helps you as a pilot understand what it's like to fly against each side sadly I feel most pilots get lost in their roll and entrenched in their way of thinking.  This is never more apparent than reading through these forums or observing in game chat. 

Enough with the esoteric and back to the point of this thread - Both planes will perform well for their roll - the G6 should make short work of Russian attackers and bombers and prove to be a deadly energy fighter in it's own right.  The La 5FN will prove to be a dangerous foe and require even more careful consideration when deciding to burn E for a target.  The German pilots whom like to mow the lawn will find a new respect for Russian aircraft and will need to adapt or die.  I don't see much changing in how Russians fly - forcing fights into the dirt is almost a way of life for a Russian pilot and the La5 FN will be a deadly instrument in the hands of a capable pilot.

von Luck

Edited by von-Luck
  • Upvote 4

I don't think there is any equivalent. I don't think the term existed before IL2. Don't forget .. before IL2 .. who was modelling Russian aircraft? 

I think there should be a game mechanic whereby if you do an inverted clown roll your pilot loses his tea all over the windscreen and goggles, obscuring you view like the oil in RoF. Also oil starvation for the engine, G-LOC etc, but mostly the puke.

Edited by 71st_AH_Barnacles
  • Upvote 1

I think there should be a game mechanic whereby if you do an inverted clown roll your pilot loses his tea all over the windscreen and goggles, obscuring you view like the oil in RoF. Also oil starvation for the engine, G-LOC etc, but mostly the puke.

One thing I miss from other sims is G-Lock. Ingame you can blackout, but you can still control the plane perfectly fine, the effect is even more "gamey" in normal mode where you have all the icons

Edited by 3./JG15_Staiger
  • Upvote 2

Another thing I would love to see is to simulate player pilot fatigue, but I dont know how they could implement that. I just find odd that people can keep doing all sort of crazy maneuvers, pulling high-G's and keep doing and doing it until they ran out of fuel

Edited by 3./JG15_Staiger
  • Upvote 1

To be fair: A wannabe Hartmann can also hang at 7K, spot something at 3K, put his 109 into a vertical power-on dive, zoom right past his intented target around the time when he starts losing his first control surface, lawn dart in a ball of fire a few seconds later, scream insults in chat, ragequit and go directly to the forums to complain about 109 controls locking up at 300km/h due to rooskie bias.

Yeah. Cuz pulling a succesfull B&Z is sooooo much easier than just banking 90 deg and pulling hard...

Another thing I would love to see is to simulate player pilot fatigue, but I dont know how they could implement that. I just find odd that people can keep doing all sort of crazy maneuvers, pulling high-G's and keep doing and doing it until they ran out of fuel

Well if you ever raise that topic you are sure to be opposed by red players not having a 5:1 numerical advantage.

• Upvote 2

THAT could be really interesting and of course, realistic. 

And I think it would be really easy to implement. 

Take no guff from these cretins! You occupy the moral high ground!

That wasn't addressed to anyone in particular. I was just trying to help with momentum as we attach our sim aircraft to moral values.

And don't even get me started on the evil present in certain segments of the Skyrim SE community. Siding with the high elves is just...well...MORAL TURPITUDE AT ITS WORST!

:biggrin::P:lol:

And don't even get me started on the evil present in certain segments of the Skyrim SE community. Siding with the high elves is just...well...MORAL TURPITUDE AT ITS WORST!

:biggrin::P:lol:

It was way more satisfying to kill a Thalmor patrol than it's ever been shooting down a German.

Using Hartmann as insult became a real thing EVEN everyone of these chairboys would be thankful to have a wingleader like Hartmann in real life.

[...]

kozhedubing should be an insult too!

I must admit it is weird that, in this community, the name of the most successful fighter pilot in the history of air combat is used to slag people off.

'Commiser' is a good one, I like that. It gets my vote.

Losing tea? Only in the Spitfire or the Kittyhawk, or the Spit mk IX and Tempest when we get BoBo.

British pilots are the only ones drinking tea in the cockpit.

At least pulling high-g manoeuvres doesn't throw my own cup of tea all over my monitor.

• Upvote 2

I must admit it is weird that, in this community, the name of the most successful fighter pilot in the history of air combat is used to slag people off.

I think it's highly Logical. It's based on the Dunning Kruger Effect, probably the most Entertaining Bias in Human Psychology. 

It's also quite destructive, at least for me, because whenever I think I'm good at something, I immediately remind myself of this bias, which means that if I think I'm pretty good at something, I must therefore suck at it. 

It also means that I do not accept anybody's Word "for it" anymore, I have become a Doubting Thomas. 

But I also find a good Base for Humor, self depracating and chastising at the same time. 

Edited by 6./ZG26_Klaus-Mann

Maybe I just don’t get the joke, but I thought the insult was “wannabe Hartmann”, which actually doesn’t take anything away from the historical pilot.

Actually there are different uses for "Hartmann" as an insult.

A) "Wannabe Hartmann": This is the one Finkeren thinks of, it's used against new or less skilled Players who a) profess their theoretical knowledge about aircombat ("I read Hartmanns/Schucks/whateverpilots Book and this is how they did it. Since I fail doing it, therefore the game is wrong/russian bias blyat!") while being bad, or b) give themselves cringy fake German names and going into weird roleplay.

B) "Hartmann": Some people refer to those pilots as "Hartmanns", who strictly keep to BnZ approach, which is very very safe, but also ineffective and boring without ever engaging into dogfights or risk any danger at all to the detriment of the team and the missions objective. Those people are also thought of as being [Edited] at basically anything that does not involve a strictly vertical BnZ attack. Also the element of extremely high altitude plays a big part here, since said "Hartmanns" tend to fly at 6K+ while the Russians wreck all the objectives and their own groundattackers get shredded by the soviet piranha swarm on the deck.

Both versions have some merit to them. ^^

Edited by Bearcat
Profanity
  • Upvote 1

Maybe I'm too old for this, but what's the merit in labelling people?

I never understood why some people needed to call people names (whichever), just because someone flew hit and run in a Fw190, flew high in a Bf109 or made a tight turn in a Spitfire. It just poisons the atmosphere, in particular on the servers, but also on the forums.

• Upvote 8

I'm not saying it is "useful" to use these terms in the way I described above, but they're interesting, because their inception and use shines a light on different trends of player interaction and gameplay on the servers. Those things just don't appear out of thin air, but are a testament to how players perceive the game, the state of gameplay on the servers and the way the cookie tends to crumble. That's what I meant with "merit".

This and other stuff like hitting another plane slipstream and ice forming on wings.

This and other stuff like hitting another plane slipstream

Wasnt this already modeled ?  :huh:  

It's modelled in singleplayer but not multiplayer.

• Upvote 1

While I was glued to enemy six I do not remember just by solely be there losing lift or been thrown a way/spin/stall.

Edited by 307_Tomcat

It's modelled in singleplayer but not multiplayer.

While I was glued to enemy six I do not remember just by solely be there losing lift or been thrown a way/spin/stall.