DerSheriff

Basic and Combat Tutorials for GB Aircraft - Update: Bf 109 G-4 MCN(10.08.2018)

Hi ho,
pretty sure a few of you will already know my channel and the videos I am about to post. But I want to have a central place on the official forums where I want to place my tutorials!

But first let me introduce myself. I am "DerSheriff". I am playing "air combat stuff" for sometime. For about a year or so I upload up air combat tutorials for different aircraft to Youtube.

Up until this point for the Fw 190 A-3, The Mig-3, the Bf 109 F-4 and the Yak-1. I did one "Model change notification" for the Fw 190 A-5 as well. Furthermore I did some quick and dirty tutorials here and there. For example emergency prodecures for the 109 or another one video on navigation.
I plan to create more of those in the future.

If you have any questions about the videos or what ever you can join my discord server or ask them here of course:
https://discordapp.com/invite/NrJcdg4

Without further ado:
Here is the channel:
https://www.youtube.com/c/SheriffsSimShack

Here are the playlists:

the latest "How to fly [aircraft] video":

I will update this thread as new videos will come in.
Added the Bf 109 G-4

Cheers

Edited by DerSheriff
Added MCN for the Bf 109 G-4
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 23

Hi Sheriff. Thank you. By the way I really like your latest TAW gun compilation :) it is great to watch.

33 minutes ago, Luger1969 said:

Hi Sheriff. Thank you. By the way I really like your latest TAW gun compilation :) it is great to watch.

Thanks, glad you liked it.

Posted (edited)
On 3/3/2018 at 2:01 AM, DerSheriff said:

Added a new tutorial!
For the Ju-88.

Nice work! Thank you, Sheriff. :salute: Maybe you could have included a few words on the Funkpeiltochterkompass when introducing the instruments. Think of all those poor fighter pilots that will get lost in TAW, because you can't tell them the vector home. :ph34r:

Edited by JG4_dingsda
Misspelled Sheriff's name *blush*

2 minutes ago, JG4_dingsda said:

Nice work! Thank you, Sherrif. :salute: Maybe you could have included a few words on the Funkpeiltochterkompass when introducing the instruments. Think of all those poor fighter pilots that will get lost in TAW, because you can't tell them the vector home. :ph34r:

Thank you, I explained that thing a few times in the past and I didn't want to bore out my subs in watching that stuff all over again.
But noted. Maybe I have to do that since I can't expect the average viewer to know.

• Upvote 1

Hervorragend, see you on taw today! 

I have recently started watching some YouTube videos as well, and DerSheriff's are among the best quality videos imo. :good:

Thanks! I liked that LA-5 video. Will check your channel too.

Nice video @DerSheriff, good tip with 2800 RPM, I'd like to add that it is not wise to use it for more than 2 minutes and 30 seconds, after that the engine has almost 100% chance to self destruct. About the E retention, are you sure? To me it seems that G2 has better E retention than F4. Especially when performing chandelles, rope-a-dopes and spiral climbs.

Posted (edited)

"energy retention in turns" And only there the G-2 is worse. 

And the F-4 is better in spiral climbs, rope a dopes etc since you can go higher throttle and you can increase the climb rate much more.

Edited by DerSheriff

Agree with Sheriff there,  the 1.42 ATA really helps for moves like the rope a dope. Getting that last bit of performance, and the nose on target if there isn't much room for error is less difficult.

You can see around the arc behind seat in the Airacobra. You need to move forward/backward and peek behind in "X" manner. The mirror is very helpful when used in similar way. Also, you may (this ruins immersion for me so I rarely do) set in Settings->Graphics->Mirrors to "Simple".

Edited by Ehret