7./KG51_Baumbach

Bf109 G-6 Skins

5 minutes ago, ZachariasX said:

Any Swiss AF skins in existence? I can‘t find any when searching the forum...

Is there any particular one you want? - happy to make it for you

1 hour ago, BOO said:

Is there any particular one you want? - happy to make it for you

This one J-701 would be cool, it fits the G-6 we have.

Messerschmitt-Bf-109G6-SAF-Flieger-Reg-2

They seemed to retain the RLM colors. Wing upper side retained a color scheme similar to the German one, as can be seen here:

ae7f052eb6680050374ecd7542fc340a95abd62e

SAF got 14 of the G6 type. 10 were traded for a radar equipped Me-110 that landed in the wrong place. The ten G6 we got for that one (J-705 is one of those) were so bad in quality that they had to be grounded. German humor that is... J-701 was also a war prize. Again, some Luftie landed in the wrong place with it and the SAF took the liberty of directly using that G6 as their modern fighter alongside the various 109 E3 that was bought in 1939 as well as built in license.

These:

2652_rd.jpg

Now we don‘t have an E3 and I‘m not sure how well that one might fit on the E7...

The later added white and red „invasion stripes“ really show show the concern about similar type of aircraft potentially facing each other in combat. Also for this reason, the Germans only had Bf-110 stationed at the Swiss border during the times they were occasionally shooting at each other.

Cool if you could make it. :)

Edited by ZachariasX
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, ZachariasX said:

This one J-701 would be cool, it fits the G-6 we have.

Messerschmitt-Bf-109G6-SAF-Flieger-Reg-2

They seemed to retain the RLM colors. Wing upper side retained a color scheme similar to the German one, as can be seen here:

ae7f052eb6680050374ecd7542fc340a95abd62e

SAF got 14 of the G6 type. 10 were traded for a radar equipped Me-110 that landed in the wrong place. The ten G6 we got for that one (J-705 is one of those) were so bad in quality that they had to be grounded. German humor that is... J-701 was also a war prize. Again, some Luftie landed in the wrong place with it and the SAF took the liberty of directly using that G6 as their modern fighter alongside the various 109 E3 that was bought in 1939 as well as built in license.

These:

2652_rd.jpg

Now we don‘t have an E3 and I‘m not sure how well that one might fit on the E7...

The later added white and red „invasion stripes“ really show show the concern about similar type of aircraft potentially facing each other in combat. Also for this reason, the Germans only had Bf-110 stationed at the Swiss border during the times they were occasionally shooting at each other.

Cool if you could make it. :)

OK - Itll they will be in 4K since RaFiGers template is a joy but I can scale down the skin to 2K if you prefer. Give me a couple of days. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BOO said:

OK - Itll they will be in 4K since RaFiGers template is a joy but I can scale down the skin to 2K if you prefer. Give me a couple of days. 

4k would be great. You can‘t use skins online, so it shouldn‘t be a limitation.

Anyway, awesome! Thank you a lot!!

Work in progress - this weekend I should be finished with 2 autumn versions of the "Scharfi-G-6". Here is one of them - "Red 8"...

Rote 9.jpg

Edited by Wolfram-Harms
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Wolfram-Harms said:

Cripes, why did Switzerland have any camo sheme at all, with those markings?!? :crazy:

Saves money to repaint everything I guess. They also had a sense for more special paints:

Me-109-1a.jpg

Me-109-1b.jpg

J-377 was part of Fliegerkompanie 21 (21st Squadron) and was the part time ride of weekend soldiers until the end of 1949 when all 109 E3 — they were known as Me-109 DB as opposed to the Jumo powered 109 D „Me-109 Jumo“; designation „Bf“ instead of „Me“ was not used — were phased out and scrapped.

It is of note how diverese the aircraft were painted. While J-377 had a round underwing Swiss marking, it is square on J-313 next to it. Not only the aircraft were bought without weapons from Messerschmitt Werk Regensburg, they came also without radio and without paint for the national markings.

This explains the RLM base color set and the improvised national markings. Eventually those E3 were armed with two Fl MG 29 on the nose (similar caliber) with 960 rounds and 20 mm Oerlikon FF-K with 60 rounds each in the wings. However, the Oerlikon 20 mm had to be hand cocked on the ground. I would guess that was a step back from the MG FF.

Fitted also with a Revi 3c and the control stick was a KG11 that is very much resembling the British sticks. Seat harness was arranged slightly different as well.

Again, these would be beautiful skins, but we only have the E7...

They seemed to have a nerve for goofy paints as well, this is J-714, the single G-14 listed in the SAF inventory.

Bf-109_7.jpg

Bf-109_8.jpg

The grey one on the left is J-713, former RU+OZ that eventally found its end on the slopes of Pizzo Rodi.

More color schemes here:

http://www.risingdecals.com/Bf-109/72-012_Swiss.htm

Just uploaded 6 variants of the Bf 109 G-6 "Scharfi Paint Sheme" for different units; some of them autumn camo. Enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/twebw98uoneim5j/Bf_109_G-6_Scharfi_Sheme_Variants.7z

EDIT: because JG3 wasn't in the area anymore when the G-6 came, I exchanged those for JG52 skins here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/k4a3ndodx4uibvv/Bf_109_G-6_ScharfiSheme_variants_3.7z

Scharfi Sheme Variants.jpg

Edited by Wolfram-Harms
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Dammit - I just checked and realised: JG 3 wasn't in the Kuban area anymore, when the Bf 109 G-6 was introduced.

Maybe I should change those into JG 52 or JG 53 skins?

2 minutes ago, Wolfram-Harms said:

Dammit - I just checked and realised: JG 3 wasn't in the Kuban area anymore, when the Bf 109 G-6 was introduced.

III./JG 52 would fit perfectly for the timeframe.

• Thanks 1

On 06/05/2018 at 1:57 PM, Wolfram-Harms said:

Were they working up for Kursk?

Lovely skins, BTW

Thank you! From what I found, they were drawn back to Germany.

They - or part - were with AGS at Kursk alongside JG52 but pulled back in August IIRC. They intercepted the first Schweinfurt raid as part of the RVT and stayed en masse there afterwards as a core home defence unit.

On 6.5.2018 at 1:57 PM, Wolfram-Harms said:

An additional batch of JG 52 skins is now uploaded, to replace the JG 3 skins - the link is added to my original post above. Enjoy!

Thanks again for the exellent work on the template, RaFiGer !

batch 3.jpg

Edited by Wolfram-Harms
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Not sure if this helps, but a selection of [B&W] JG 3 G model pics. One is of a JG 3 109 G-6 at Kursk, probably II or III Gruppe which shortly followed I Gruppe (colour G-6 with R6) to Reich defence service by August '43. They probably had G-4s and a few G-6s at Kuban before transferring north for the Zitadelle campaign

https://www.asisbiz.com/il2/Bf-109G/JG3.html

On ‎10‎.‎05‎.‎2018 at 7:33 PM, Wolfram-Harms said:

Thank you! From what I found, they were drawn back to Germany.

Maybe this is helpfull: Quote from image.thumb.png.c10ca8055ade3aace84fd5c1d8eee267.png

image.thumb.png.ecc324099b4d7d95969b629184e2fa7d.png

On 10.5.2018 at 11:24 PM, Wolfram-Harms said:

An additional batch of JG 52 skins is now uploaded, to replace the JG 3 skins - the link is added to my original post above. Enjoy!

Thanks again for the exellent work on the template, RaFiGer !

batch 3.jpg

Hi,

thank you for these skins.

I am sorry but i cant find the link. If i download the original post, i get JG3 skins.

Edited by Yankee_One
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, sevenless said:

Maybe this is helpfull...

Thank you for the info, sevenless!

2 hours ago, Yankee_One said:

...i cant find the link. If i download the original post, i get JG3 skins.

Strange - I had added a second link. Must have forgotten to press SAVE. I added it again now. Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, E69_geramos109 said:

Where can i download the default skins we have on the game for the G6 so i can edit them?

you cant but they can be extracted using gtp if you know how and where to find them. Even then they are completed skins including weathering.

On 5/14/2018 at 3:03 PM, EAF19_Marsh said:

Soooo....JG 3 G4s over Kuban....;)

Yeah, I have just made me a new G4 skin which I will use for that. I'll make three JG3 skins with it.
In the next days, or over next weekend.

EDIT: ...here is a first design...

G-4 JG3 autumn.jpg

Edited by Wolfram-Harms
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

G6 Kuban Career mode skin pack for 4./JG52

You can find White1, 2, 3, 4, 6 and 10 in this pack, some planes' Erla camo has RLM70 mottling introduced according to the war time color photos. 

Another Barkorn's Chevron 5 is also included in this pack. This chevron 5 was flown by him when he was the acting I/JG52 commander in August 1943. 

download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/jtwx1uju09zr6u5/Bf109G6_4_JG52.rar

You can also find G2/G4 pack for the same unit from https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/13721-bf-109-g2-skins/?do=findComment&comment=616635

Il-2_2018-05-19_14-58-55.png

Il-2_2018-05-19_15-01-17.png

Il-2_2018-05-19_14-56-24.png

Il-2_2018-05-19_15-00-10.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

Wow! I like historical skins the most, especially Barkhorn skins and 4./52(even if u have to remove the cat)

Edited by MeoW.Scharfi

Spoiler

bar_32230_p.jpg

The Camo upper right is really really good. The one with the dots. I know the default Skin has dots as well, but this one is different and better in my opinion.

So if someone gets bored and wants to make a really cool skin for G6 and G14. => Upper right.

Here the similiar one from DCS.

C751D8AC6C15FFE1D7C9FBC18AD0B0ED466A62F5

A8B8E4ABD7B07A537B8D73EEA75A6EF1BDD01902

On 5/20/2018 at 1:42 AM, Wolfram-Harms said:

Here's another JG3 autumn skin (non-historical). A third may join on Monday.

Reveal hidden contents

5b00b66bbbe9f_Bf109G-2JG3swasti.thumb.jpg.30a95efca844d913ecebbd016400d702.jpg

Bf 109 G-2 JG3 show.jpg

Hi Wolf. Is this a g2? Looks great.

1 minute ago, Luger1969 said:

Hi Wolf. Is this a g2? Looks great.

Yes - thank you!
I got delayed with that new "package of skins" - maybe I can finish them this weekend.

Update, W.Nr is corrected as 163195.

Apart from the W.Nr.15909 I made for the official skin pack, this is another very popular Barkhorn's G6 Chevorn 5, W.Nr.163195, which is manufactured by Regensberg, It was flown by Barkhorn when he was the commander of II./JG52 and achieved his 250 victories in Feb 1944. Some features of this A/C cannot be precisely presented by in-game G6 model,  such as short antenna mast, different type of data plate and sun umbrella holder...

http://www.mediafire.com/file/e8ipk22dt3xd8mo/Bf109G6_II_JG52_Barkhorn_WNr163195.dds/file

barkhorn3.jpg

barkhorn_Regensberg02.jpg

barkhorn_Regensberg01.jpg

Edited by III/JG2Gustav05
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 2