7./KG51_Baumbach

Bf109 G-6 Skins

45 minutes ago, 7./JG.54Muscat82 said:

I wasn't referring to Gustav, I was referring to Frenchy56.
Besides, what's wrong with using translators?  you have to understand that English is not the mothertongue of many people in this forum, for example me, I think that the important thing is to know how to communicate well to others, what you want to say in an educated way, even if you have grammar mistakes. isnt it?

That's what I was saying. For people that don't speak English as a first language or use translators they may not know if something they write can be seen as rude or not. I post on the Russian forum every now and then using a translator and I have no idea if what I say is rude or not. The comment about his skins looking like "plastic models" is pretty clearly rude and coming from a person known for rude posts. 

• Like 1

I remember that I once upset an American poster, who had tried to tell me something.
I had not got the clue of it, and so I meant to ask 'I don't get it - what is your point?'

But instead I just wrote "So what?" which seems to mean rather a rude way to say "I don't care?"

There I realised how easily things can sometimes go wrong.

Frenchy, could you rather select a historical skin for the Kuban region? Cause then I'd upload it for all to use.

38 minutes ago, Frenchy56 said:

How about Franzisket's G6/R6? My dad has a model of it on his shelf, I think it's from Hasegawa. Seen it since I was little.

notice10.gif

Bf 109 G-6/R6 "Kanonenboot", Schwarzer Doppelwinkel (W.Nr. 441 097), Stab I./ JG 27, flown by Major Ludwig Franzisket, GK. Fels am Wagram - Spring 1944.

Message to developpers : please, give us an ETC rack and a 300 l. drop tank :unsure:

Spoiler

5ED0FA14-7F62-4865-A88B-F6D0C15A23D9.jpeg.491e7c40dea5889c2d23c7acf66b2eb2.jpeg58FD712F-57BA-44A2-8DBD-C4AFA1A138DB.jpeg.a148e775746e41849fce7ba5f8b53a0f.jpeg

17 hours ago, LukeFF said:

You need to work on desaturating and weathering your colors, as right now the skins look like plastic models.

Not really, it looks more like one of the cleaned and ridiculously well maintained aircraft you see at an airshow.

I do have to say, I like the look.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, LukeFF said:

You need to work on desaturating and weathering your colors, as right now the skins look like plastic models.

Oh, really?
IMHO it's more the other way round - many skinners have their skins too faint and pastel.

Here are some pics of the EADS* Messerschmitt Bf 109 G-10.

The brightness of camo colors differs quite a lot, depending on the intensity of the sunlight. But I think it was darker than many here may think.

Do these also look like plastic models?

* EADS = European Aeronautic Defence and Space

Messerschmitt_Bf_109_G-10.jpg

0010_ILA_Berlin_Messerschmitt_Bf_109_G-10_WNr_151591_Heck.jpg

IMGP9587-Messerschmitt-Bf-109G-4-D-FWME-EADS.jpg

Edited by Wolfram-Harms

1 hour ago, MeoW.Scharfi said:

Is it possible to have a similiar skin for G6? Since the one of the 4./JG52 is my favorit or at least with the emblem(cat) and number 3

610C66687CF1C8D18B3570E84BB8F29477B1DA61

Scharfi,

The latest aircraft I have ever found the Cat on was a G2 flown by Barkhorn. After that it disappears. Its on this skin because SACG asked for it to be included. 

Historic wise, there are also a number of obvious inaccuracies with the skin in the picture also, most notably the number and bar - the number is the wrong style and in reality both where just solid white. The black mask on the wing root is also a contrive cos the skinner couldn't blend the paint and wear on the wing root to the fuselage to his satisfaction. Its present on some 109s but wasn't a standard thing. Mentioned just in case anyone wants to do a more accurate White 3 for you.

16 minutes ago, Wolfram-Harms said:

Oh, really?
IMHO it's more the other way round - many skinners have their skins too faint and pastel.

Here are some pics of the EADS* Messerschmitt Bf 109 G-10.

The brightness of camo colors differs quite a lot, depending on the intensity of the sunlight. But I think it was darker than many here may think.

Do these also look like plastic models?

* EADS = European Aeronautic Defence and Space

Messerschmitt_Bf_109_G-10.jpg

0010_ILA_Berlin_Messerschmitt_Bf_109_G-10_WNr_151591_Heck.jpg

IMGP9587-Messerschmitt-Bf-109G-4-D-FWME-EADS.jpg

BUT---this isn't left out in the sun all day, isn't flown off dusty airfields with minimal bodywork care, isn't crawled over by ground crew in muddy or dusty overalls and isn't coated in anything but the very finest modern paint currently produced........just sayin like. Its a personal thing.  

BTW - I don't think your skin looks like a plastic model - as others have said it makes a nice addition and change. Kudos for sharing. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, BOO said:

BUT---this isn't left out in the sun all day, isn't flown off dusty airfields with minimal bodywork care, isn't crawled over by ground crew in muddy or dusty overalls...

...like my brandnew G-6 - which is factory-fresh delivered.

What do you think of German groundCREW (not to get confused with "groundhogs"!) ??? They didn't crawl around in the mud.
Gents, the Luftwaffe was an elite force rather, flying the most modern equipment in those days.
They had workshops and tools and spray-paint compressors etc. - they were not trench-fighting.

Here is Barkhorn's "Christl", and his mechanic. Does he look like a "muddy groundhog"?

And as for the quality of the paints: they were produced by the leading producers of the time, like the IG Farben.
I do not know how quickly or not they MIGHT have faded, but surely not within weeks.

After all they didn't have a hole in the ozone layer back then - colors were not bleached out as hard as today.

Barkhorn Mechanik.jpg

Barkhorn Christl.jpg

Edited by Wolfram-Harms

7 minutes ago, Wolfram-Harms said:

...like my brandnew G-6 - which is factory-fresh delivered.

What do you think of German groundCREW (not to get confused with "groundhogs"!) ??? They didn't crawl around in the mud.
Gents, the Luftwaffe was an elite force rather, flying the most modern equipment in those days.
They had workshops and tools and spray-paint compressors etc. - they were not trench-fighting.

Here is Barkhorn's "Christl", and his mechanic. Does he look like a "muddy groundhog"?

And as for the quality of the paints: they were produced by the leading producers of the time, like the IG Farben.
I do not know how quickly or not they MIGHT have faded, but surely not within weeks.

After all they didn't have a hole in the ozone layer back then - colors were not bleached out as hard as today.

Barkhorn Mechanik.jpg

Barkhorn Christl.jpg

Not so glossy either.

• Upvote 1

Just now, BorysVorobyov said:

Not so glossy either.

Well, the glossyness is caused, I think, by the Alpha layer in the sim skins (correct me if I'm wrong).

I do not yet know, if we can decrease that into "semigloss", and what we would need to do exactly.

3 hours ago, Wolfram-Harms said:

Well, the glossyness is caused, I think, by the Alpha layer in the sim skins (correct me if I'm wrong).

I do not yet know, if we can decrease that into "semigloss", and what we would need to do exactly.

you can - there are tutorials. 

Edited by BOO
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Wolfram-Harms said:

Yes I do a more and less glossy versions of my skins for people that prefer different. I have seen examples of more and less glossy planes in war footage as well. For a long time some German units waxed and polished their planes. While the American army green and early navy blue planes were pretty matt. The early paints for the MiG were nitrocellulose paints that wear off really easily (a lot of vintage guitars use this and it is preferred by many as the very thin finish lets the wood vibrate more than modern polyester and urethane based thick plastic coating type finishes) and was pretty glossy. Plus matt paints get glossy wear patches and glossy paints get matt wear patches.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MeoW.Scharfi said:

Is it possible to have a similiar skin for G6? Since the one of the 4./JG52 is my favorit or at least with the emblem(cat) and number 3

610C66687CF1C8D18B3570E84BB8F29477B1DA61

Pretty nice! I would want one (G6) also. Where do I get this G4 skin?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Wolfram-Harms said:

Thanks for the link, Boo, but I cannot open the file. What program is it?

Its the wrong damn link! - sorry Wolfram

this is the one I meant to send 

3 hours ago, sevenless said:

Pretty nice! I would want one (G6) also. Where do I get this G4 skin?

Its one of 800 I did for the SACG squad (400 with HK, 400 without) in late 2016. Its only 2K. I dunno if Riksen has upscaled it or re-done it since. Since its a squad skin I think you'd have to ask them unless they have posted the pack on TAW or something. 

EDIT - They did - a lot seem to be my original skins in 2K but there are some later 4K skins in there as well (6th post down on last page from Riksen)

Edited by BOO
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BOO said:

Its the wrong damn link! - sorry Wolfram this is the one I meant to send

Ah, great, thx, BOO ! I'll study that.

Thanks again, BOO - I reduced Brightness of the Alpha channel by no less but 48% now - and the glossyness is far less now, I think.

Alpha.thumb.jpg.df43c4278126e116b569d33b6c1caf87.jpg

• Like 1

Alright, how about these ones from 15. (Kroat)? Really, you could just replace the emblem with any other JG52 emblem and pass it off as one from another Staffel.

I wasn't thinking of a private commission or something...

1394-3.jpg

deltaone109g6reviewbf_2.jpg

Edited by Frenchy56

Thanks for those provisional skins:)

I was using trail and error approach to determining transition point for upper and lower section of bumps. I've found that it takes about 10 minutes to take an existing dds file, convert it to a bmp using the DXTBmp app, then using Gimp to create baseline xcf and adding bumps to file. Finally, use DXTBmp app to create new G-6 dds file. Attachment was done before seeing these new posts. It helps to down heavy panel lines below bump and on top of cowling.2018_3_22__3_34_37.thumb.jpeg.1f62bb3b6c31ba396caf8983d4a89465.jpeg2018_3_22__3_34_57.thumb.jpg.08454f66573d244d5adbc9f4a69133f0.jpg

Edited by Sheriff88
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@Community 

Posted already in my skin thread, but just to make sure if someone has interest :ph34r:

I have finished my Template for the Bf-109 G6 Model and will prepare now some paint schemes for JG 1 & JG 3 and if there is time for more :)

The Template is mixed and made up by myself from the public ones of the G-Series and of course influenced by BlackHellHound1 in regards of weathering and Bf-109 related tips & tricks!

It will feature a decent Alpha Channel without the "Wet" look and a nice Normal Map :)

If I finished (still some flaws) I could release it to for the public if there are enough who would like it ;)

Here's some teaser:

Spoiler

TP-Bf-109G6-01.thumb.jpg.7096264f2fa49844db79a59013d00bda.jpgTP-Bf-109G6-02.thumb.jpg.92d9832cac66e0c3128e28d9848e7554.jpgTP-Bf-109G6-03.thumb.jpg.f25f1b41e48b0cdd2b585c8bc6644c9c.jpgTP-Bf-109G6-04.thumb.jpg.cab43bbb7ae568b57729c5157fbc0821.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

@Wolfram-Harms

Alright, then I will prepare this one as Template file and post it for download after I have finalised it :)

There is still a graphical flaw, which I have posted to Bugs & Issues thread, with the hope Jason will handle it.

I work already on a new rivet layout but the takes some time to do it right, but with the one I use now all skinning is more than possible in a good way :)

I hope to finish and post a download link by this evening or latest by tomorrow :)Bug-Misalignment-Skin-Bf-109G6.thumb.jpg.2a0d8b17146e55701081cd48bcfbee80.jpg

On 21/03/2018 at 7:25 AM, Wolfram-Harms said:

Ladies and gentlemen, for all who want to fly their brandnew Bf 109 G-6 with a halfways personal skin, I made 4 paintjobs for Kuban units.

Mind you, they are carrying the original swastika, so overspray it, if you feel bad with that.

The skins are for II./JG 3, II./JG 52, III./JG 52 and II./JG 53.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/m3g78b7z1cbdkmb/BoS_Bf_109_G-6_Provisional.7z

These are provisional skins, since I do not have the template for the G-6. They are made from a G-4, but with Pierre69's help

I managed to include the famous "Gustav blisters" and other parts. I think it is okay for until we receive the template.

I hope I do not step on anyone's foot with offering these skins. If so, pls write me a PM.

G-6.thumb.jpg.69ca76ddb2d8944cdec615c076f48189.jpg

Hi, thanks for the skins.

One little glitch I noticed is that the 777 logo appears where the manufacturers plate should be.

18 hours ago, RaFiGer said:

There is still a graphical flaw, which I have posted to Bugs & Issues thread, with the hope Jason will handle it.

Sometimes 3D models have areas were they seem to have been "stretched, or shrunk", so to say.
In such areas you can only "repair" the caused distortion by "counter-distorting" the skin.

15 hours ago, ROTER_BART said:

Hi, thanks for the skins.

One little glitch I noticed is that the 777 logo appears where the manufacturers plate should be.

Ah, thx! I noticed that is wasn't the factory placard, but even the part-finder tool could not show me, which area it presented.
The placard was simply too small for that.

It is a provisional work anyway - I recommend RaFiGer's template for personal skin designs. He has gone much further into it.

Edited by Wolfram-Harms

@Wolfram-Harms

Yes, that could be a way :) 

So, today was not possible but tomorrow around the day the template is ready. I will publish it with only one skin, just as example and will add in the future more. Like the standard Camouflage pattern for the three manufacturer from WNF, Erla & Regensburg (MTT) and of course addition to make the template even better.

It is the early variant which 1CGS gave us, so the Tail and Rudder part is still done with wood. I hope we will get more versions in the future, to have the AAG-25a transponder together with the PR-16 loop antenna (Peilrahmen).

See you tomorrow!

• Upvote 1

On 3/21/2018 at 3:47 PM, Wolfram-Harms said:

Oh, really?

Yes, really. We aren't talking about airshow or museum paint jobs, here. Planes with the level of glossiness as you've presented them almost never existed like that - if they did, it wasn't for very long. 

1 hour ago, LukeFF said:

Yes, really. We aren't talking about airshow or museum paint jobs, here. Planes with the level of glossiness as you've presented them almost never existed like that - if they did, it wasn't for very long.

People have different tastes ya know... just saying. Not everyone has to do it the way you reckon they ought to :).

Plus it was advantageous to keep a glossy paint job, if and where possible.

• Upvote 2

FWIW I like unweathered factory fresh skins. Not saying I don't like weathered skins, but I certainly don't mind having some fresh looking ones to fly with from time to time. After all, all planes looked like that at some point in time even if it did wear off later.

Mumbles something about CloD having dynamic weathering effects. Also mumbles something about both CloD and 1946 having the option for dynamically generated numbers and squadron insignia. Ah well, this is a great game too :)

4 hours ago, LukeFF said:

I thought I had cleared that before - I'm not making nitpicked historical skins, I make skins which I like to fly. For myself firstly.
When I don't want to hog them, I share them. For all who like them and want to fly them. The others may just move on.

There are many skin experts around here, so if you want such closely historical skins, you should be able to find many.

Edited by Wolfram-Harms
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Wolfram-Harms said:

I thought I had cleared that before - I'm not making nitpicked historical skins, I make skins which I like to fly. For myself firstly.
When I don't want to hog them, I share them. For all who like them and want to fly them. The others may just move on.

There are many skin experts around here, so if you want such closely historical skins, you should be able to find many.

Make the skins you want mate. And enjoy it.  The treatment you by some on here is has been less that encouraging for a new skinner. . You want to produce them with a sheen, do it.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Wolfram-Harms said:

Never start to please the taste of others. If you like them yourself, most likely others do share your taste. I certainly do. Keep up the good work!

As for some comments. Others weren't there at the time also, which means they know nothing how the real thing looked when it left the factory.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

On ‎28‎.‎3‎.‎2018‎. at 5:18 AM, ROTER_BART said:

Ladies and gentlemen, for all who want to fly their brandnew Bf 109 G-6 with a halfways personal skin, I made 4 paintjobs for Kuban units.

Mind you, they are carrying the original swastika, so overspray it, if you feel bad with that.

Looking great ROTER_BART, congratulations...:o:

Thank you for the template !! Just made a ZG26 G6 for myself.

lKngxCv.png

A tip for the noobs, just change opacity on the layers to get front line dirty look.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

@E69_julian57

Nice skin :)

Yes, it is a little bit sad, that wie don't have this so called "Peilrahmen" antenna, but anyway let them com :)

31 minutes ago, RaFiGer said:

(...)it is a little bit sad, that wie don't have this so called "Peilrahmen" antenna, but anyway let them com :)

You mean this antenna ? We already have it in options screen !

388CEF93-B8E5-4414-AE0A-A40DEBB552F4.jpeg.47bae7ab85c158dc0abfbe1fb18356f6.jpeg

20 hours ago, 6./ZG26_Gielow said:

Thank you for the template !! Just made a ZG26 G6 for myself.

lKngxCv.png

A tip for the noobs, just change opacity on the layers to get front line dirty look.

can you share it with the community?

Hello Pierre 64,

yes the Loop antenna! 

I know that all elements base & Loop are  drawn in the template, but I'm to blind to see where to enable it!

Could you help me with this, I really don't see it in the Option Screen?

8 hours ago, Pierre64 said:

You mean this antenna ? We already have it in options screen !

388CEF93-B8E5-4414-AE0A-A40DEBB552F4.jpeg.47bae7ab85c158dc0abfbe1fb18356f6.jpeg

Edited by RaFiGer

1 hour ago, RaFiGer said:

Hello Pierre 64,

yes the Loop antenna! 

I know that all elements base & Loop are  drawn in the template, but I'm to blind to see where to enable it!

Could you help me with this, I really don't see it in the Option Screen?

G6 Loop.jpg

• Upvote 2