7./KG51_Baumbach

Bf109 G-6 Skins

Ok,I can't see there's been a thread started yet for G-6 skins,probably because the templates not been created yet,but when it is,here's one for when it becomes available.

So I'll start this one off,here's a request for probably the most iconic Bf109 G-6 on the Russian Front,Hartmann's  G-6 White 1,and it was a real beauty,just love the nose design.

Edited by Meaker

Ok,I can't see there's been a thread started yet for G-6 skins,probably because the templates not been created yet,but when it is,here's one for when it becomes available.

So I'll start this one off,here's a request for probably the most iconic Bf109 G-6 on the Russian Front,Hartmann's  G-6 White 1,and it was a real beauty,just love the nose design.

Profile from your link is Hartmann's Bf.109 G-14 White 1 Csór, Hungary, October 1944.

QS6gItha_uA.jpg

For G-6 better make his Yellow 1 W.Nr.:20499

0fpwEy9_77c.jpg

Xnw6wLsYtw4.jpg
0csjh_X1pLw.jpg

or G-6 Yellow 1 W.Nr.:166221

ZKq8xlJTh9o.jpg
PsPoVeMK8VM.jpg
rfS77ZYvsl0.jpg
E7p7usAI8BY.jpg

or maybe his reserve G-6 Yellow 1 (unknown W.Nr.).
Edited by JG77-FluGb0t-
  • Upvote 2

Thank you my friend,it's a nice skin,but I only like historic ones with all respect,ie German skins that carry the swastika.

For the record,I have no political agenda,I am not a Nazi sympathiser,I respect those that can't put their political agenda's aside for the sake of a historical flight sim,but I love history,and I want my skins in my collection to reflect this history,and not reflect a work around or carry crass fictional markings.

These fictional skins are nice but are not historic,so I'll pass,I only hope those with a political agenda will respect historians like myself,the topic IMO is not one I will argue over.

Once again I thank you for the heads up buddy ;)

• Like 1

I born in USSR, my parents are russians, and i tell you - swastika don't offending me. I completely condivide your opinion. This is a part of history, and when we talking quietly about history with some pics relative to 1930-40's - it's only discussion, and not propaganda.

People who easily loses his temper because of swastika, shouldn't turn on Tv, Youtube and open historical books. It's not normal.

Well, i accept 1CGS policies - no swastika in the game, cos some countries prohibit it.

Unfortunately correct historical skin can see online only who downloaded it, and often only few people can see my skin, so i prefer stay with official skin pack.

With best regards  :salute:

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

I can't wait to get my hands on the G6 template.:happy:Does anyone knows if with the release of the new patch 3.001 is already available for download? 

sorry for my impatience.....

see ya!

Edited by 7./JG.54Muscat82

1 hour ago, 9./JG27golani79 said:

Got a few nice ones in my Wotowski book - maybe I´ll do one or two ..

yep, I have a few others in my osprey collection. cant wait!

All I need to get my first G-6 skin ready for service, is the exact position and size of the areas for the two new bulges.

Does anyone know where they are in the skin?

48 minutes ago, Wolfram-Harms said:

All I need to get my first G-6 skin ready for service, is the exact position and size of the areas for the two new bulges.

What do you use for that? the g4 template?

No, I have that myself, thank you.

I need to know the position within a G-2 or G-4 template, where to put the skin parts for the 2 bulges.

The best would be any G-6 skin - a custom one would do - but I cannot find any.

It would help already, if a dev/skinner would point out the areas to me.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Wolfram-Harms said:

You can find them with PanelFinder : 

PF2.jpg.9e520ed7a3bd4cbaf677b9c5f7a1dc0b.jpgPF1.jpg.494833ab08c7b7a7ad58222966e6a51c.jpg

G-6_Bump_Skin.thumb.jpg.7c5d1c2a478abf6f3bf55f5ebe54cc14.jpg

Edited by Pierre64
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Pierre64 said:

You can find them with PanelFinder

Wow - where is that tool to be found?? Looks REALLY useful!

Thank you, Pierre! (...rushes off to his G-6 skin! ...) :crazy:

Edited by Wolfram-Harms

Posted (edited)

Buenisimo! te puedo hacer unas sugerencias Wolf? quizas el emblema del jg53 mas pequeño y tambien le añadiria un poco de weathering para darle un efecto mas realista, puedes usar los templates de BlackHellHound1 del G4, ha hecho un gran trabajo con ese template...

Un saludo friend!

Very good! Can I make you some sugestions Wolf? maybe the emblem of the Jg53  a little bit smaller and also add a little weathering to give a more realistic effect, you can use the templates of BlackHellHound1 of the G4, has done a great job with that template....

Greetings friend!

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, 7./JG.54Muscat82 said:

...maybe the emblem of the Jg53  a little bit smaller and also add a little weathering...

Thank you! Yes, I may reduce the emblem a bit. But no weathering for some time.

First of all, the craft is brandnew - it just arrived.

And secondly: my mechanics crew knows that I don't like scruffy aircraft. Have you ever seen how Germans treat their cars?

Then you'd know what I mean... ;)

Edited by Wolfram-Harms
  • Haha 1

On 1/13/2018 at 5:38 AM, JG77-FluGb0t- said:

Sorry, I forgot about this. One is already done by Panzerbar.

post-19-0-12270200-1511522925.jpg

I am sorry that this specific skin is done by me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, III/JG2Gustav05 said:

Why you sorry about this? Nice done.
Excuse me for wrong copyright.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, III/JG2Gustav05 said:

Hi Gustav

Is there already a template available for the 109G6?

Thank you

15 hours ago, II/JG11ATLAN said:

I used that for the G-4. You only need to know where the two "Gustav bulges" are in the skin.

Which was pointed out to me yesterday by Pierre (thanks a lot, man -great help!) in this post:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/33221-bf109-g-6-skins/?do=findComment&comment=586480

Hello,

I've made some Bf109G-6 skins for the 7./JG53, using a Bf109G-2 template (shame on me ! but at this time no one could have expected the release of a G6 in the future).

I promise you that I will try to convert these old skin into real G6 skins, but I will not convert them into 4K skins.

It is just a matter of time ...

See U soon.

• Upvote 3

You are welcome, Wolfram-Harms :salute:

However, bulges textures of the G-6 are not the only differences with the G-4 !

With the help of Panel Finder 4K, I already identified some more :

- Guns throughs of MG 131s mounted above the engine,

- Dessicant pellet on the windshield,

- Fuel pipe for windshield cleansing.

- Identification plate on port side of the cockpit.

G-6Texture.jpg.b8a3e717de0c84061e5323bfaf69fea5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Pierre64 said:

Thanks for the reseach pierre64, im painting  Bf 109G-6, "Seeman” W.Nr. 18107 "Weisse 9", Uffz Georg Amon, 7./JG 53 , This will be very helpful to me.

47 minutes ago, 7./JG.54Muscat82 said:

Thanks for the reseach pierre64, im painting  Bf 109G-6, "Seeman” W.Nr. 18107 "Weisse 9", Uffz Georg Amon, 7./JG 53 , This will be very helpful to me.

Hello Pierre and Muscat.

WATCH OUT.

There were different factories producing Bf 109G-6. Each factory ( ERLA-WNF and Mtt-Regensburg) had his typical factory paint scheme and some " external " differences. (The internal do not interest us in this thread).For example ERLA aircraft were directly recognized by their big blotches of paint on the fuselage and saw tooth pattern on the wings)

Please notice that the Bf 109g-6 produced by ERLA were externally different from the ones from WNF and Mtt-Reg. The main visual difference with the BOS Model ( WNF and Mtt-Regensburg) is the right cowling Beule

On the left side it was the same , but on the right side it was completely different. In fact Bf 109G-6 produced by ERLA kept the Bf 109G-5 cowling. (Bf 109G-5 were only produced by Erla.)

On this side the main Beule was provided with a second  one with alittle air intake on the upper part. ( I skip the technical aspect.)

So keep an eye on your sources when you decide to do a " historical " skin for a G-6.

For example GUSTAV who made the skins coming with the model ( that are BEAUTIFULL ! I say it LOUD AND CLEAR!) made some misinterpretations.

The G-6 from Barkhorn is an ERLA production, as well as the G-6 from Schilling, Bartels and Graf. Stricto senso these aircrafts are not the ones depicted in the game. To be right they have to change these cowlings into 109G-5 ones, but this is of course not up to you. Have a look on any serious book on the Bf 109G and you'll see what I mean.

Of course you may also have Erla Canopies, tall tail and tail wheels in ERLA-WNF and Mtt Regensburg following repair or updating.

If you want some doc , please drop me a P.M. and I will send that to your adress. I am too dumb to post images or documents here.

Also on the BOS Model, the Compressor air Intake is totally wrong, and has nothing to see with Bf 109F or G or K model. It's a kind of Alien coming from nowhere in Germany !. VERY STRANGE indeed when compared with the quality of other aircrafts. This has to be corrected somehow., cause it detracts from the overall quality of the rendering of BOS aircrafts.

Anyway , a very Big THANK-YOU to you guys and GUSTAV who provide us with your time and wonderful skins.

Madcop :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Madcop said:

If you want some doc , please drop me a P.M. and I will send that to your adress. I am too dumb to post images or documents here.

Madcop, u have new P.M :salute:

3 hours ago, Pierre64 said:

Wait! 
I don't get it. Where you got it??? The template Bf-109G-6

///

Got it)))   I'm a fool:rolleyes:

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, samson said:

I don't get it. Where you got it??? The template Bf-109G-6

Nobody got a G-6 template, samson.

But you can make a provisional G-6 skin with a G-2 or G-4 template, when you know where the new parts should be.
And that's what Pierre64 pointed out.

Edited by Wolfram-Harms

1 hour ago, Madcop said:

Thanks ! Really appreciated.

Here are some illustrations to your interesting post above :

1 - A photograph of the starboard side of G-5s and some G-6s and G-14s specific engine cowlings. The lower bulge covered the compressor of the pressurisation system and a small air intake provided fresh air to it 

109G-6.thumb.jpg.3a3c3943cf7b88abae599b9ed9e1a07e.jpg

(Found on the amazing Marc-André Haldimann's Flickr. Hundreds photographs of Bf 109 G and K, highly recommanded).

https://www.flickr.com/photos/28092068@N03/

2 - Air intake of the DB-605 supercharger, larger than on F and early G models, with a cut-out under the left bulge (I added doted lines and arrows to enhance the shape). Not on the present skins but IMO could be added by modifying the panel lines and the normal map. 

However, all my congratulations to Panzerbar and Gustav for their fantastic work on the G-6 skins !! 

PriseAir.jpg.b6ddde0956f4ad91ba3a8f28115d97c0.jpg

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
this is very interesting, it is true that it would be fantastic to have these details represented in the current 3d model, basically it is history and I think that these small details we all like, thanks Pierre64 and MadCop for the info!

let's keep investigating
Greetings

2 hours ago, Pierre64 said:

Thanks ! Really appreciated.

Here are some illustrations to your interesting post above :

1 - A photograph of the starboard side of G-5s and some G-6s and G-14s specific engine cowlings. The lower bulge covered the compressor of the pressurisation system and a small air intake provided fresh air to it 

109G-6.thumb.jpg.3a3c3943cf7b88abae599b9ed9e1a07e.jpg

(Found on the amazing Marc-André Haldimann's Flickr. Hundreds photographs of Bf 109 G and K, highly recommanded).

https://www.flickr.com/photos/28092068@N03/

2 - Air intake of the DB-605 supercharger, larger than on F and early G models, with a cut-out under the left bulge (I added doted lines and arrows to enhance the shape). Not on the present skins but IMO could be added by modifying the panel lines and the normal map. 

However, all my congratulations to Panzerbar and Gustav for their fantastic work on the G-6 skins !! 

Well spoted Pierre, but do not forget that the air intake itself was circular , welded AND angled.

Moreover here also it depended on the factory , some were straight ( no cut-ou) and went ON the bulge !.Some had a fat lip to fix the Tropical filter.

I sent some doc to Muscat, and asked him whether he could retransfer it to you.2 !

Your first picture is typical of ERLA machines as is the fuselage and wing camouflage, This is a 109G-6 machine, not a 109G-5. It's not pressurized as you can see by the Pilot's head protection and te absence of sillica gel in the glazing. It's a perfect example of what I told...ERLA 109G-5 and G-6 = same cowling.( Standardization)

Marc-André Haldimann corner is a real must , but others also. We never have enough  109 pics...Horrido !

Far more difficult to spot the differences of different 109 marks than for the Spitfires !

Madcop :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
On 3/15/2018 at 12:54 PM, II/JG11ATLAN said:

Hi Gustav

Thank you

I am sorry that I cannot give the G6 template to community without Dev team's permission.

On 3/16/2018 at 10:14 AM, Pierre64 said:

Nice finding Pierre, but you know that this air intake edge is already modeled in 3D modeling, that why we leave it same as F model.

viwr01.jpg

Edited by III/JG2Gustav05

Posted (edited)

Spoiler

G6.thumb.jpeg.cf3bfb2de8303a151271e8db16db7b3d.jpeg

Spoiler

G6gray.thumb.jpeg.9c375c21bd87c18d01d17ed998ea15c4.jpeg

I use the g4 Template as well. An it Look good while choosing skin but in flight  there is a big gray spot on the right side of the fuselage behind the wing. It doesnt show up in Gimp  or skin selction screen only in flight. Any ideas

Edited by bucket_109
add photos

Posted (edited)

@bucket_109

On the G-6 skin, there are two different locations for texturing the lower part of the right fuselage Balkenkreuz, depending of the axial gun chosen.

- MK 108 (G-6/U4) : usual location (with no round port for compressed air. The MK 108 was actionned electrically IIRC).

- MG 151/20 : the texture including the port for compressed air (red and blue circle and "150 atü"stencil) is a rectangle located between the rear of the left side of the fuselage and the wingtip of the right wing underside... :blink:

(Easier to explain with a screenshot but I post from my tablet). 

Edited by Pierre64
  • Upvote 1