=gRiJ=Roman-

TrackIR in external view

The lack of TrackIr in external views was one of the first things that I missed in the Sim when I started before BoM. I am surprised that this has not been implemented. It was great to make it more natural and in video making.

I have no idea about the technical difficulty of making it possible. Any ideas or reasons out there?

On the other hand, I hated that feature on the old Sim, each to his own I guess....  :)

• Upvote 3

I can't see it being very practical compared to using the mouse

For some shots it was actually pretty great, like when you could lean your head to roll the camera you'd get some cool shots.

I really miss this function. I have no idea why it isn't in BOS. I lack the technical knowledge. Can anyone explain this part? Thanks

But should Jason hate it so much? Is it so bad for the Sim? Honestly, I don't know the technical difficulties of implementing it. I said that a thousand times before. Probably I am lacking many pieces from the puzzle, I guess.

Is there not a way to make TIR emulate/output a mouse?

EDIT There is but I think it is old and needs some kinda work to get it going. This might be a good start point but I didnt really look into it. It seems that there is a mouse emulator exe in the TIR dir but it does not run for me. I guess you will have to put some time into it.

https://forums.naturalpoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=13783

Edited by AeroAce

Has anyone actually seen if TIR inputs register in the controls?

I'm sure there must be a way/external programme that would make work as a mouse or axis input!

Edited by AeroAce

I just tested the TIR mouse emulator again. To get it to run u have to put it in win xp mode and then it will work. Not sure if it works in game thou

I hate it as well Spartan xP  I'm glad it's not implemented in BoS :lol:  Maybe it could be an option in the configutation panel, so everyone can have it the way they like it.

I hate it as well Spartan xP I'm glad it's not implemented in BoS :lol: Maybe it could be an option in the configutation panel, so everyone can have it the way they like it.

Ok. Optional like you say then would be the solution. It was awesome to see the planes from all angles in flying, especially we you've just purchased one and you are testing your new toy.

But even if I don't understand why some people do not like, they do not give arguments, optional is the way to go then.

Edited by -=PHX=-Spartan-

Ok. Optional like you say then would be the solution. It was awesome to see the planes from all angles in flying, especially we you've just purchased one and you are testing your new toy.

But even if I don't understand why some people do not like, they do not give arguments, optional is the way to go then.

Thing is that when flying with 3rd person view enabled, you probably want to switch to external view just to enjoy the skin or the 3D model from time to time. But having this headtrack-controlled camera is annoying and unnatural (for me), when I just want to rotate the plane with the mouse. In 1946 I had to turn off the headtracking everytime I switched to external view, and turn it on again when returning to 1st person view. That's why I prefer the way it is currently in BoX. Edited by -=PHX=-SuperEtendard

I would like some kind of virtual wingman view where your ingame point of view is from your wingman or manybe an ability to jump from one friendly plane to another.  And of course when you jumped to the other plane that is your plane and you can see from it just as you normally do.   Then with one button click your are back to your primary plane.

I'm not a fan of track ir in the external view either. Hate is a strong word but it would apply here.

I have a TrackIR and would have really liked it to be useful when viewing in third person.

As I use a X52 HOTAS, switching to the mouse is a painful transition when I want to watch the effects of my bombing run.

DCS, Arma 3 and other sims incorporate TrackIR in third person.