Sign in to follow this  
hrafnkolbrandr

No Christmas Tree in Hangar this Year :(

I think it was there last year because we had an update in December. As we have not had an update this December it is not there.

Actually there’s a Festivus pole in one of the corners. You just don’t notice it against the aluminium walls.

• Upvote 2

I just set the I16 to the red aerobatics scheme and drop bombs as presents. Works like a charm for Chirstmas feeling  :lol:

Edited by LF_ManuV

Actually there’s a Festivus pole in one of the corners. You just don’t notice it against the aluminium walls.

For the restavus.

Festivus is definitely the winter holiday of choice around here.. this forum does the "airing of greivances" very well ;)

I just set the I16 to the red aerobatics scheme and drop bombs as presents. Works like a charm for Chirstmas feeling  :lol:

You mean a red Ju-52 with airdropped supplies right? ;)

It was obviously no big deal.

I was given a Christmas present when I logged on to see the MP map running an available bf110g2 equipped with an SC1000.

I made sure to deliver that present in the spirit of the season. :)

Look guys ... the tree is collected from no man's land between the Wehrmacht and Red Army front lines and this year ... well let's just say that the locals were not restive or festive and there was some 'difficulty'. I'm assured it'll all be over by Christmas so NEXT year it'll be bauble city.

Yep Patrick. The Eastern Orthodox Church has been calling out our fake news for a while. ;)

Edited by Pail

Festivus is definitely the winter holiday of choice around here.. this forum does the "airing of greivances" very well ;)

I prefer the "Feats of Strength" portion myself! :drinks::drink2:

Every time I think of it, all I can hear is the mother screaming "LEAVE HIM ALONE!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Even the Christmas Tree in Hangar this Year Delayed (A little bit) - :dry:

There's still orthodox Christmas on January 7th, not really with a tree but you never know :)

Can you imagine if the devs put the tree back for the holidays? People would go nuts when they found out the update is just the tree hahah. it would be a catastrophe.

Can you imagine if the devs put the tree back for the holidays? People would go nuts when they found out the update is just the tree hahah. it would be a catastrophe.

It would be funny!

I didn't know it was something that needed to be patched in. For instance, in Sid Meier's Pirates!, if you play the game on September 19, everyone's dialog becomes piratey. It was just built in that way. :)

I didn't know it was something that needed to be patched in. For instance, in Sid Meier's Pirates!, if you play the game on September 19, everyone's dialog becomes piratey. It was just built in that way. :)

I didn't know this. I used to love that game. Now there's a game that could do with being bought into the modern era

Isn't War Thunder always full of Christmas trees at this time of year?

If people are 'bummed' (ooooer, missus!) about not having one here perhaps that is where one should have a little goosey  gander.... hmmmm  :blink:

I think it's not dramatic that there is not no Christmas tree.
I prefer not to have a tree and wait for an update with lots of new features and new planes.
It is much more important than this tree. :) 

• Upvote 1

Isn't War Thunder always full of Christmas trees at this time of year?

If people are 'bummed' (ooooer, missus!) about not having one here perhaps that is where one should have a little goosey gander.... hmmmm :blink:

That's a great suggestion. I guess I'll just stop spending my money on this great game because Trooper suggested I go play War Thunder. The devs ought to award you a medal for keeping the game free of cancerous players like myself.

There was no update shortly before Christmas so no time to put the tree in.

Jason

No worries! As I said earlier, I was unaware that it was something that had to be patched in. Thank you for the response.

Edited by hrafnkolbrandr

It was a little tongue in cheek humour that's all... and at no stage did I say you had to play War Thunder, they generally do have Christmas trees displayed at this time of year in game, and if it makes any difference to you, I occasionally have a dabble in War Thunder myself!

Lighten up a bit, it will soon be the New Year, then you can forget all about this Xmas horlicks... failing that, if you are still itching to blame me for somehow forcing you into War Thunder, pm me and I'll introduce you to one of my famous 'interviews without coffee'...  :rofl:

I think it's not dramatic that there is not no Christmas tree.

I prefer not to have a tree and wait for an update with lots of new features and new planes.

It is much more important than this tree. :) 

No it isn't a big deal and isn't very important to anyone I'd say. But it was fun and another one of those whoa moments we've come to expect from this team. I'll admit to a little bit of disappointment after seeing it the last couple of years. It was like "our" tradition.