Tomsk

Which Bodenplatte Plane are you looking forward to the most?

429 members have voted

1. 1. Which Bodenplatte plane are you looking forward to the most?

• Bf-109 G-14
    • Bf-109 K-4
    • Fw-190 A-8
    • Me-262
    • P-51D
    • P-47D
    • Spitfire Mk. IX
    • Tempest Mk. V
    • Fw-190 D-9
    • P-38L

On 4/28/2018 at 7:25 AM, Mitthrawnuruodo said:

The Me 262 is exciting because it represents new technology. As the first operational jet fighter, it is the only aircraft that is fundamentally different from anything else in Great Battles.

From a game design perspective, the modelling of jet engines and transonic flight is interesting. 

I have no doubt that some players will find ways to use the Me 262 effectively. Needless to say, it will be hard to intercept when flown correctly. If fitted with bombs, the 262 will be quite capable as a fighter bomber. 

yeah i hear ya...the thing is, WW2 was (mostly) about props vs props. BF109s/FW190s vs Spits/Mustangs/etc. If you really want to fly jets ===> DCS.

anyway, it is what it is. just surprising thats all

40 minutes ago, [ASOR]Pharoah said:

just surprising thats all

I don't see anything unusual or surprising. No one has advertised this as a "prop sim." It's a World War 2 sim. The ME262 was an airplane that was used during WW2. They're building a PO-2. But it's a biplane. Ya wanna fly biplanes=====> ROF. Well, no. The little PO-2 saw service during World War 2. So, you're going to see it in here. 

I'm happy to see every damn thing that fought in the skies, back then, in here. Just none of that "what if" stuff. Don't like it at all. But if it saw combat, bring it!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, [ASOR]Pharoah said:

yeah i hear ya...the thing is, WW2 was (mostly) about props vs props. BF109s/FW190s vs Spits/Mustangs/etc. If you really want to fly jets ===> DCS.

anyway, it is what it is. just surprising thats all

Well the 262 was there and in numbers so I cant buy the DCS argument at all. And if we really stretch that "what WW2 in the air was about" thing" it was about technology which the 262 is a prime example of.  How the 262 will be used and benefitted from will be interesting given its many "off the boil" low speed shortcomings and vulnerabilities and of course the presence of the Tempest and P51s.

2 hours ago, II/JG11ATLAN said:

I can not even wait ..

to test the Me262:):P:biggrin:

And so will the Mustang and Thunderbolt jockeys :P

262 on guncam.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Roast said:

And so will the Mustang and Thunderbolt jockeys :P

262 on guncam.jpg

Yep lol, can't wait to shoot them down. Gonna have a special victory mark for every one I get.

Heck, you don't need a Tempest or P-51 to shoot down a 262. 401 Squadron RCAF got the first ever 262 kill with a few Spitfire IXs!