BRADYS555

MC 200

I love the 202, it’s one if my favorite planes of the war and I love flying it in game, but thier were only a couple in Russia, are they going to add the MC 200 at some point ?

Indeed, there were far more MC.200's in Russia than the 202.

It doesn't look like we'll see the MC.200 any time soon. The next 5 aircraft in the release schedule finish up and fill out the Battle of Kuban aircraft set (P-39, A-20, Yak-7B, Bf109G-6 Collector Plane, La-5FN Collector Plane) and then the devs are doing IL-2: Battle of Bodenplatte and will be focused on some late war West Front aircraft.

One day we may see it but not for now.

I sort of assumed that but I thought it worth asking, what of the team that’s doing the PO 2, they’re going to be adding aircraft outside of the normal development Line correct ?

Edited by BRADYS555

Yep. The Po-2 is the test case from what we've heard. If it succeeds, then the next aircraft that Jason/1CGS want them to do is the Li-2 (Russian license built version of the DC-3/C-47).

Yep. The Po-2 is the test case from what we've heard. If it succeeds, then the next aircraft that Jason/1CGS want them to do is the Li-2 (Russian license built version of the DC-3/C-47).

That's very Cool, but wouldn't it make more since for them to build the C-47, given the Russians took delivery's of over 700 of them from what I recall, and that way they could use the C 47 in Bodenplate and the Pacific, and a slight mode could generate the Tabby, idk off the top of my head what the difference in the Li 2 was from the C 47, in the case of the tabby it was afik pretty minimal, more windows in the cockpit for example, and a Defensive gun on some variants.

That's very Cool, but wouldn't it make more since for them to build the C-47, given the Russians took delivery's of over 700 of them from what I recall, and that way they could use the C 47 in Bodenplate and the Pacific, and a slight mode could generate the Tabby, idk off the top of my head what the difference in the Li 2 was from the C 47, in the case of the tabby it was afik pretty minimal, more windows in the cockpit for example, and a Defensive gun on some variants.

No idea why they chose to go with the Li-2. It may have to do with having access to materials or to a museum example in Russia. I'm just speculating but there may be a good reason they went that way.

I'd buy an MC.200 and/or the MC.205 as well. And I'd buy an I.A.R. 80 and/or 81. And I'd buy the Li-2, but I hope they also make the C-47 as well. I'd jump on a C-47 like a rat on a Cheeto.

You'd have to get rid of the Daimler-Benz engine and cut the pointy end of the nose off, too.

CLOD, Are they the same team that is supposed to do North Africa ?

If that’s the case and they do an MC 200 are the plane models Interchangeable ?

Plane models are seemingly not interchangeable between BoX and CloD, for reasons I don't understand but are apparently insurmountable.

I would hope though that this third-party dev experiment is a success and opens the door to a steady supply of new aircraft to augment the existing theatres.

Not the 'uber planes' that will appear on promotional artwork and spearhead new releases to drive sales and not the latest version of whatever fighter the 6k BnZ aileron stiffness brigade want, but the functional workhorses that get the job done and can expand the sim world and the experience - such as the Po-2 and Li-2 that are on the way.

Maybe next, to compliment these we could get a Storch or Fw-189.

Or maybe this is where the MC.200 could be added.

Or the Fiat G.50, and with some Finnish skins then there's more ground covered.

More horizontal expansion than forward motion, going wider rather than further.

Using a bit of creative lateral thinking this third-party team could become a 'force multiplier', especially in conjunction with some of the third-party maps that are supposed to be in the works.

The IAR 80/81 seems to have a devoted following. Add that along with an I-153 and then the third-party Odessa map has the beginnings of an appropriate planeset.

Add a Hawker Hurricane like some people (including myself) have been keen to see. This can be used by the VVS but also by the Finns, and then there's a start on an early Continuation War setting. Wasn't there a talked-about Murmansk community map?

All this while the main dev team are working on BoBo. And when they're done with that, the third-party aircraft engineers and community mappers can be following behind, plugging the gaps, widening the scope and broadening the horizons.

Obviously I have no idea how they are going to implement this two-pronged approach but if they realise its potential and take advantage of the possibilities then the results will be brilliant, for sure.

And I've gotten too enthusiastic and carried away, apologies for thread hijack.

I can dream.

Well it is Christmas after all, and I too would like to A wider variety of aircraft, AR 196, HS 123, HS 126, to add a few to those you mentioned above.

While I am keen on bodenplate I think I would of preferred the med, the very very wide array of aircraft that theatre would aliw for is staggering really, Gauntlets and gladiators over Greece against an early Italian plane set all the way to North Africa and 202’s vs P 40’s , or Italian East Africa and CR 42’s ...

No idea why they chose to go with the Li-2. It may have to do with having access to materials or to a museum example in Russia. I'm just speculating but there may be a good reason they went that way.

My guess is that it would complete the transport feature for the VVS the way the Ju52 does for the luftwaffe, so BOS, BOM and BOK are somewhat balanced if you want to make missions for both sides.

It's is also an easy model to upgrade for the C47 and future modules.

I think its a very smart choice.

• Upvote 1

My guess is that it would complete the transport feature for the VVS the way the Ju52 does for the luftwaffe, so BOS, BOM and BOK are somewhat balanced if you want to make missions for both sides.

It's is also an easy model to upgrade for the C47 and future modules.

I think its a very smart choice.

1+

The Li2 is also capable of being used in the bomber role, I'm thinking that may have had something to do with it's choice as well.

Converting it to a true C-47 or a Showa or Nakajima built L2D would take more than just a reskin and changing a few windows.   They both have very different engines and cowlings than the Li2.

Edited by BlitzPig_EL

The Li2 is also capable of being used in the bomber role, I'm thinking that may have had something to do with it's choice as well.

Converting it to a true C-47 or a Showa or Nakajima built L2D would take more than just a reskin and changing a few windows. They both have very different engines and cowlings than the Li2.

So, apart from the bomber role, which I was unaware of, it would make more since to just build a C 47 from a purely work load perspective, my assumption is thier probably 90% alike, Apart from instrumentation and performance

They were actually quite different due to metric vs imperial tooling. I read that it took quite an effort to reverse engineer.

Add a Hawker Hurricane like some people (including myself) have been keen to see. This can be used by the VVS but also by the Finns, and then there's a start on an early Continuation War setting.

The Romanians also used them. I don't know how they would deal with the standard skins... maybe they would create two versions of the same plane, one with standard Soviet skin and the other as the Axis variant.

profile_romanian_02.jpg

So, apart from the bomber role, which I was unaware of, it would make more since to just build a C 47 from a purely work load perspective, my assumption is thier probably 90% alike, Apart from instrumentation and performance

The Li-2 would also have the possibilty to mount one fixed ShKAS in the nose, a defensive turret and a side gun, and heavy loaded it could carry more bombs than the Pe-2 afaik.

http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/li-2/li-2camo/li2-camo.htm

li2f.jpg

nosegun.jpg

Edited by -=PHX=-SuperEtendard
  • Upvote 1

It's like for the P47 or P-51on does not know the model yet (if it is a P47B or D as for the P51).
And moreover there are several versions of model B and D of the two planes (Ex: P47D15 / 25/40 for sité that these versions because there are many more).

The devs already builds a version of the plane.
Then it is possible that the dev 's build a new version of the aircraft from the existing cell. Either for the needs of the campaign or other plan of the future.

It is easier to change once the model cell already built.

On the other hand for the Mc 202 there would be much too much difference and a lot of work to go from the version to the Mc200.

Edited by A-E-Hartmann

It's like for the P47 or P-51on does not know the model yet (if it is a P47B or D as for the P51).

And moreover there are several versions of model B and D of the two planes (Ex: P47D15 / 25/40 for sité that these versions because there are many more).

The devs already builds a version of the plane.

Then it is possible that the dev 's build a new version of the aircraft from the existing cell. Either for the needs of the campaign or other plan of the future.

It is easier to change once the model cell already built.

On the other hand for the Mc 202 there would be much too much difference and a lot of work to go from the version to the Mc200.

So simply put, its pretty easy for them create a C 47 from a Li-2 or a Tabby from a Li-2

But the MC 200 is a lot different from the 202 so would be basically a new aircraft in many respects, especially from a modeling work load perspective.

?

The Romanians also used them. I don't know how they would deal with the standard skins... maybe they would create two versions of the same plane, one with standard Soviet skin and the other as the Axis variant.

profile_romanian_02.jpg

Concerning the Hurricane, the problem is that the romanians, croatians and finlandeses used Mk I whereas russians used Mk II, that's mean creating 2 differents planes one with RR Merlin II or III, the other with RR Merlin XX.

And it wasn't a numerous plane in the Axis forces, 11 for Finland (+1 russian Mk II captured) , 28 for Croatia and 12 for Romania, Italy get some tchecoslovaquian built mk I too. (numbers to confirm)

How many flown the russian theaters we got actually ? Probably none of them, sadly.

Edited by Notclear

But the MC 200 is a lot different from the 202 so would be basically a new aircraft in many respects, especially from a modeling work load perspective. ?

It would be easier for the dev's to make a Mc205 from the Mc202 (Same for Li-2 and C-47 if the dev's decide to do it).

Because for the Mc 200 it would take a lot more modeling work.

there is a lot of difference between the two models.

Edited by A-E-Hartmann

Concerning the Hurricane, the problem is that the romanians, croatians and finlandeses used Mk I whereas russians used Mk II, that's mean creating 2 differents planes one with RR Merlin II or III, the other with RR Merlin XX.

And it wasn't a numerous plane in the Axis forces, 11 for Finland (+1 russian Mk II captured) , 28 for Croatia and 12 for Romania, Italy get some tchecoslovaquian built mk I too. (numbers to confirm)

How many flown the russian theaters we got actually ? Probably none of them, sadly.

That is true. My point was though that adding a Hurricane has the potential to be quite efficient as both sides could fly it. Maybe if there are different variants requiring different models it starts to become tricky to the point of impractical.

But even just using skins could be enough - we already have RAF Fighter Command Spitfires and Kittyhawks with desert camouflage. Adding a Finnish or other Axis skin would let both sides get some use out of the aircraft.

I'm just aware that the devs have limited time and manpower so I'm looking for things with the highest 'bang to buck' ratio.

Re: the MC.200 - I'll have to optimistically hope that we get it in the 'Battle of the Mediterranean' release that I so want to see...

Edited by Royal_Flight