Mungee

Launcher Not Closing

I've recently reloaded BOS/BOM onto a new PC, but although the BOS/BOM closes down fine, the launcher doesn't ie it starts the process but freezes into it - and then I have to close it down using 'Task Manager'.

I have a Windows 10  Pro (64 bit) operating system).

Would appreciate some help on this.

Many thanks.

I have the same problem, haven't found any answers to it yet unfortunately :dry:

One workaround you guys can use is just to start the game directly. You can do this using the IL2.exe from the game folder/bin/game or somewhere like that (sorry, on mobile so I can't double check). You can also add this .exe to Steam as a "non-Steam Game" if you want to be able to start via steam (I do this, with a non-Steam IL2 installation, so I can use the overlay and my friends can see me playing)

I'm having exactly the same problem with the launcher hanging on shutdown.  Windows 10/64, GeForce GXT 1081 Ti.  New problem since last update.

In your launcher Settings tab, try unchecking "Seed when downloaded" and checking "Prefer web distribution". If this solves your problem, be aware that those options are sometimes reset to the original values when there is a game update so you may need to adjust them again.

Edited by JimTM
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 7:43 PM, Vig said:

I'm having exactly the same problem with the launcher hanging on shutdown.  Windows 10/64, GeForce GXT 1081 Ti.  New problem since last update.

Salutations,

I was having the same shut down problems but it suddenly disappeared yesterday.  Why? How? I have no idea. I changed nothing... but there was a Windows update recently. I don't know what that would have to do with it. 

Edited by Thad