Sign in to follow this  
Semor76

Spitfire Cockpit view Bug?

Hi all.

Did I discoverd a bug in the Spits cockpit view?

I use my mouse and "Pilot head snap position forward" left/right for all my planes.I also use this view to check my 5/6 o´clock in every plane.I cant fly without it,no joke.

In the spitfire,this seems broken. If I use Pilot head snap position forward left,the Pilot looks left and lean to the left side. Did I use Pilot head snap position forward right,Pilot only looks right,nothing more.

Is this a "feature" from the spit,or did I miss something?

Btw,the views in the Macci is broken in the same way....

Edited by Semor76

No reply to this topic....

Am I the only one with this bug?

No reply to this topic....

Am I the only one with this bug?

I think most people either use VR or Track IR or something very similar to it. I wonder though if its possible that you have the same key bound for lean left as snap view forward left ?

Are you sure you didnt use the button to "reset the view" which you can save with F10... maybe you saved it that way and he snaps the head this way because of that. 

I personaly use free look with ministick on my Joystick and with SHIFT + Ministick body position left right / forward backward also buttons for raising and lowering the head position. Very importante.

Snap view is one of the most [Edited] ways to play a Fly sim i think :D i hated Il2 1946 before i notice that there is also a Free look option.

Edited by Bearcat
Profanity

Are you sure you didnt use the button to "reset the view" which you can save with F10... maybe you saved it that way and he snaps the head this way because of that. 

I personaly use free look with ministick on my Joystick and with SHIFT + Ministick body position left right / forward backward also buttons for raising and lowering the head position. Very importante.

Snap view is one of the most [Edited] ways to play a Fly sim i think :D i hated Il2 1946 before i notice that there is also a Free look option.

I never changed the view in the spitfire. It is all default and I can´t set the snap view in this plane like in all the others.

Here is a good example.only difference is that I use the mouse,instead the coolie hat on my joystick to pan around.

think most people either use VR or Track IR or something very similar to it. I wonder though if its possible that you have the same key bound for lean left as snap view forward left ?

There are 2 buttons for this: "Pilot head snap position forward" left/right under view options in the menue.

Edited by Bearcat

Ok,this must be a bug

The snap views are stored in: IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Moscow\data\LuaScripts\snapviews

There is a backup folder in the same location,called defaults. In case something goes wrong. So I copied the spitfiremkvb.svc file over and allow to overwrite the original file,but the broken view option in game remains the same.

damn...why did I always suffer from problems nobody else ever heared from? :biggrin:

Edited by Semor76

Oculus rift on sale for about £350 I think. If you have a pretty decent PC consider getting yourself a Xmas pressie I've been addicted to il2 since the implemented VR

• Upvote 1

Oculus rift on sale for about £350 I think. If you have a pretty decent PC consider getting yourself a Xmas pressie I've been addicted to il2 since the implemented VR

Don't do it, bro. Mouse view isn't just a way to play; it's a way of life. 

Also, I bind middle mouse button to "custom lower something something modifier." When I click the middle mouse button and release, it makes my view reset to center. 

Edited by SYN_Luftwaffles

Me too. Just do it ...

(Presuming you have a PC that can cope.)

Don't do it, bro. Mouse view isn't just a way to play; it's a way of life. 

Also, I bind middle mouse button to "custom lower something something modifier." When I click the middle mouse button and release, it makes my view reset to center. 

:biggrin:  my words.  Btw, middle mouse button works the same here. It´s way cheaper than to spend £350....

I will make a bug report over the weekend.Maybe Dev.s will fix it with one of the comming patches.

Thx for your replies.

Happy holidays

Here, fixed it for both the Spitfire and Mc.202. Put the files inside the zip file in your "..\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\LuaScripts\snapviews\" folder.

pack.zip

• Upvote 1

Perfekt!!! Danke dir. Grüße an den Main :salute:

Thanks Matt. You put a smile on my face. I´m curious,was the issue on my side or did you fix a game bug?

It's a bug with the default snap view files, not really a big issue, but i'll probably mention it when we test the new version (assuming that it hasn't been fixed by then). It's only chaning two numbers really.