Sign in to follow this  
Seanyscott

Using rudder via keys

Hi everyone, I really need some help with this problem i have been wrestling with since switching to BOS

Currently I'm trying to map the rudder to my Z & X keys because I'm unable to use the twist on my joystick (its buggy as hell) however when I bind the keys, instead of moving the rudder it seems to just trim the rudder instead? For example I hold down Z and it moves over rather than snapping over to that side as I'm used to in 1946.

If anyone could help me with this that would be a life saver as I'm very used to this control scheme and would hate to switch

Thanks in advance,

Sean

Ps. also one other unrelated problem i'v been having is that I cannot seem to find an option the toggle my zoom between 2 levels with the same key? Again thanks if anyone can help me with this.

I'm having the same problem. IL-2 doesn't detect my pedals so I have to use JoyToKey to convert them to key inputs. Unfortunately since, as you described, the rudder is more like a trim when set up with keys, it means that it doesn't revert to a centred position when I release the pedal.

Would anyone know of a program that could convert my Z & X keys into pedal inputs? I know JoytoKey exist but I would be looking for the inverted way.