Do we have any idea when we will be able to throw our cash at this little beauty?

• Upvote 1

No one was good enough to deserve a Po 2 for Christmas .

• Upvote 1

It may be a while. The third party team doing this is probably not going to work as quickly as 1CGS does on their planes. If we see a pre-order in the first half of 2018 I'd be happily surprised.

I'd like to think that it's a for sure thing that we'll get it and the fact that they are showing off the current work is certainly cause for some celebration too.

There is reason to believe it can be delivered relatively quickly. Although the model is said to be 'very early WIP', the renders show that a considerable amount of work has already been done. I think that the Po-2 is a very good project for new developers. I suspect it is rather simple in terms of aircraft systems and flight models. 

Coal for you. Or worse ... a Fairey Battle!

Didn't realise the reward for bad behaviour was a Fairey Battle... I would be quite happy with one of those.

Even if every trip would be one-way.

• Upvote 1

Didn't realise the reward for bad behaviour was a Fairey Battle... I would be quite happy with one of those.

Even if every trip would be one-way.

Isn't this the basic definition of "Death Wish"?

I trade all the planes in Bodenplatte for a Fairey Battle

Plus, if we get a Battle then I can start hassling the devs to convert it into a Fairey Fulmar to go with the Mediterranean expansion that I'll also start hassling them for.

Everyone's a winner.

Edited by Royal_Flight
  • Upvote 2

I'm hoping the Po-2 is delayed only because they are modelling the floats for it.

:P

I trade all the planes in Bodenplatte for a Fairey Battle 

Hehe... I was thinking that too! :biggrin:

Plus, if we get a Battle then I can start hassling the devs to convert it into a Fairey Fulmar to go with the Mediterranean expansion that I'll also start hassling them for.

Everyone's a winner.

Fulmar.

Okay... now we're talking.

:cool:

But rather than Mediterranean, can we please have BoKaP  (Battle of Kirkenes and Petsamo)

Please?

:)

BoKaP suits me... early-mid War setting, carrier ops, torpedos and the RN Fleet Air Arm gives me most of what I've wanted.

All we need now is something with floats and we both get what we're after, haha. Were there Arado Ar 196 operating from Kirkenes?

• Upvote 1

BoKaP suits me... early-mid War setting, carrier ops, torpedos and the RN Fleet Air Arm gives me most of what I've wanted.

All we need now is something with floats and we both get what we're after, haha. Were there Arado Ar 196 operating from Kirkenes?

Hehe... yep. Ar 196 and He 115. I think we are both on the same page here.  :salute:

Hs123, Hs126, Fi156, I-15, DB3, TB3, Su2 etc

So many MUSTs still missing .....

True (with the exception of the Hs 126, which I think can be skipped)

But none of those are anywhere close to the prevalence of the Po-2.

• Upvote 1

If the Po-2 makes it into the game, and there is actual gameplay that comes with it, I'd love to have those stretcher pods on the wings and be able to fly medivac missions into and out of hotspots to pick up wounded for points.  Seeing a score for lives saved, rather than lives taken would be very nice indeed. 

• Upvote 7

If the Po-2 makes it into the game, and there is actual gameplay that comes with it, I'd love to have those stretcher pods on the wings and be able to fly medivac missions into and out of hotspots to pick up wounded for points. Seeing a score for lives saved, rather than lives taken would be very nice indeed.

Gameplay which would be easy to implement for the Ju 52 as well.

• Upvote 5

I wonder what modifications/armament options can be expected when we get the Po-2. Feathered already mentioned stretcher pods, what else might be possible?

I wonder what modifications/armament options can be expected when we get the Po-2. Feathered already mentioned stretcher pods, what else might be possible?

Apart from bombs and flares for night ops (working in pairs would be fun with that), there might also be light cargo drops for resupply of partisan or infantry groups.  Message containers for game-triggers to alter Ai unit movement, arty spotting, visual recon and photo recce, as well as courier or agent pickups and drops.  Lots more gameplay options than your average fighter plane.

If the Po-2 makes it into the game, and there is actual gameplay that comes with it

Yep - they re-armed and refueled (rapidly) all night long.

So what you and Fink are saying is - we need that functionalitity if only for the Po-2.

Sorry Fink - couldn't resist.

I think of the Po-2 every time that subject comes up.

Having a slightly dynamic scoring system for medivac missions would increase gameplay options too.  Flying into the battle area and landing to take on wounded, you could opt to take out two lightly wounded for guaranteed points.  Or take a gamble with one or even two critically wounded, that would need to be evacuated within a specific time before they bleed out and die.  Your navigation home would need to be bang on to make it home in time.  You might not get them to hospital in time and loose everything, but if you did, your points earned would be that much greater. 

• Upvote 2

We can create medivac missions regardless of the scoring system. The thing is mission builders are not creative enough and/or see the benefit of diversity this type pf mission could provide.

Maybe a trigger for downed pilots could be introduced so Medivacs can recover them from the spot.

Edited by 6./ZG26_5tuka
  • Upvote 2

And if we're going to be adding it for one...

We have the Ju52 that is aporopiate for that kind of mission. Furtermore there sre nunetous instances of pilots being recoveted by small aicraft like the Hs129 ot Fw190 which could be added as a pilot evacuation mission behind enemy lines.

We can create medivac missions regardless of the scoring system. The thing is mission builders are not creative enough and/or see the benefit of diversity this type of mission could provide.

That’s the thing. Without scoring there is no player incentive. The developers seem to have understood this with regards to fighters and with bombers to a certain extent, and assign points accordingly. But with any other mission task it is a sweet sweet mystery.

• Upvote 1

Gambit...if we get medical evacuation capabilities we must have Pitomnik Air Bridge missions. Please and thank you.

:)

Any suggestions for research materials?

I've heard of it, but what I actually know as far as specifics couldn't fill a thimble.

Yes sir...I just got done researching this "battle" for months. When I get home Sunday I will follow up with my sources. JU52s shuttling tens of thousands of troops out of "der kessel". It would be amazing I am sure.

Ok - thanks.

I've concentrated my research in the 1942 timeframe - drive toward Taupse.

We have the Ju52 that is aporopiate for that kind of mission. Furtermore there sre nunetous instances of pilots being recoveted by small aicraft like the Hs129 ot Fw190 which could be added as a pilot evacuation mission behind enemy lines.

I meant the rearm/refuel feature, which I've long thought should be available in this sim.

But I'd be happy with the ability to land and rescue downed pilots as well.

I've built downed pilot missions - even in the old sim.

I have a commando insertion/extraction scenario (3 missions) for the Ju-52 that I still need to complete at some point.

I was planning on a downed pilot rescue in my A-20 campaign as well.

It's already simple enough with the triggers we have.

It is extremely important if Po-2 would be a success or not. I think it's obvious. And eventually (possibly) Li-2/DC-3 comes to the game. So I am eager to support its development as well as encourage everyone to do so.

This should not only be a plane more but a new kind if missions as some if you have already suggested. My money is ready, bring it on!

Odd that there are no medevac missions in game. They could even make a fully Ju 52 mission with only Ju 52s. The first wave of maybe 50 Ju 52s flies over the front line to the drop zone(liberally covered with Soviet AA and MGs, and artillery), and drops the paras. They float down and land on the ground, and wait for the second wave(following just behind the first) to drop supplies to them. When this happens, they are triggered to destroyed all enemy ground units in a 5 km radius, clearing the way for the 3rd wave, a bunch of Ju 52s that will land in a field and spawn AT and AA that will now defend the bulge from Soviet counterattack.

Instead, we always just get missions to kill directly, never to do utility work or recon.