Would you not agree that it would take a pretty decent amount of flying talent for an unarmed/damaged plane to turn the tables on a healthy armed aircraft and bring him down by making physical contact? Why not try it with someone willing to cooperate as a test case and see how easy it ends up being. I'll bet you would find it very difficult.

And correct me if I am wrong, but the first ramming incident was fighter to fighter, not fighter to bomber.

Would you not agree that it would take a pretty decent amount of flying talent

The level of talent involved is completely irrelevant. In that situation a pilot would bail out or ditch.

But it’s great that you decided to acknowledge that your motivation had nothing to do with history.

The level of talent involved is completely irrelevant. In that situation a pilot would bail out or ditch.

But it’s great that you decided to acknowledge that your motivation had nothing to do with history.

If he is over the Sea of Azov, and going down anyway sure a pilot may decide to Taran if he knew he was going to be a sharks dinner no matter what anyway...so there is that.  Okay getting nibbled to death by dogfish isnt really that scary but freezing to death in the Sea sure is.

Edited by GrendelsDad

If he is over the Sea of Azov, and going down anyway sure a pilot may decide to Taran if he knew he was going to be a sharks dinner no matter what anyway...so there is that.

So we’ve moved on from ‘they did this” to “I’m just looking for an excuse to do this”. Who could have seen that coming?

Oh, right. Anyone.

BSR, it's Christmas Eve, and instead of wasting any more of your time with these clowns, you ought to be doing something more in the spirit of the season, such as getting plastered, and watching The Grinch.

EDIT...Merry Christmas to all, and too all a good flight.

Edited by GrendelsDad
  • Upvote 1

Have a quick taran for christmas :)

I was expecting you to crash a satellite into him, based on your profile picture :P

This topic is better off locked anyways.

Indeed...........