No need to make this up...why else would I remember a kill from years ago? Because you complained, that's why.

After an admitedly cursury glance at your stats on WoL, I'm guessing it's just as likely that you remember a particular shootdown because you've only logged 4 or 5 kills in your entire time in WoL...

Edited by Iceworm

Oh boy, I sure do love being in a community made up of mature adults.

Edited by FFS_Cybermat47

I'll see you online...O wait.

So let me get this straight....you make a kamikaze vulching run on an airfield and shoot a bomber down, several *years* ago, and you claim that some words were said...and you are using this to demonstrate what?   That jerk kamikazes playng Air Quake are something that should be respected?  That BSR has complained about something at least once in several thousand hours of online combat?

flailing..wow.  flailing indeed.

O lord...ice one pass on a busy airfield is not vulching. Let me help you chief, if you were following the thread it was brought up to show Robin talks a game of rules and realism and whines when he was realistically killed. So my point for the simple folks is, don't claim to play the game like *real life* then complain when some real life tactics are thunderously brought down upon you from the heavens. So in closing pick one.

Lol. Now you’re crowing about shooting down a Pe2?

No you are acting like "Billy bad-a$$" saying you will see people online so I thought I would let you catch a gander of how stupid it sounds.

Robin talks a game of rules and realism and whines when he was realistically killed.

The only problem with that narrative is that you’re lying. I never complain about being shot down.

Lol. I read complaining in the chat every friggin night. Constant complaining. None of it is memorable.

You already said that it was your first bomber kill. That’s why you remember it.

In any case, why the F would I complain about being shot down? It happens to me all the time. The only time I ever post anything online, and in the forum, as well, is if someone says something really moronic. So if you made some idiotic comment after you shot me down, then I responded to that. But complaining about being shot down? Never happened.

So you may have responded but not really sure? vs the word of a guy who clearly remembered shooting you down nearly 2 years ago. Hmm...again pick one of these statements and stick with it.

The only problem with that narrative is that you’re lying. I never complain about being shot down.

No you are acting like "Billy bad-a$$" saying you will see people online so I thought I would let you catch a gander of how stupid it sounds.

Badass has nothing to do with it. I’m looking forward to seeing how he responds to being vulched, rammed, dealing with d-bags who think that killing a Pe2 is a big deal, or any of the other online behavior that can be frustrating when you’re trying to have fun.

Badass has nothing to do with it. I’m looking forward to seeing how he responds to being vulched, rammed, dealing with d-bags who think that killing a Pe2 is a big deal, or any of the other online behavior that can be frustrating when you’re trying to have fun.

I have 4 kids...bring it
  • Upvote 1

So you may have responded but not really sure?

Yes, it’s possible that I responded to some idiotic comment by you (but probably not). That’s not the same thing as complaining about being shot down. I’ve never complained about being shot down. Not by vulchers. Not by rammers. Not by anyone.

I have 4 kids...bring it

Bring what?

You're a lot more disciplined than me then...I have certainly complained about rammers...because they are arcade game players who lower the IQ of the game.

Does that mean you’re leaving? Because the sanctimonious bs from you got old a long time ago. Maybe it’s time you found a more adult place to pretend to play war.

Yep, I actually did find a more adult place. It’s called “literally any thread on this forum where grown men aren’t trading insults over a video game”.

• Upvote 3

I’m pretty sure I’ve never been intentionally rammed in BoX. It happened in RoF, but responding to that moron would have only encouraged him to ram more often.

Yep, I actually did find a more adult place. It’s called “literally any thread on this forum where grown men aren’t trading insults over a video game”.

And yet, here you are...

And yet, here you are...

It’s a slow day.

Anyway, look at it this way. Every time your fighter gets rammed by another fighter, that’s one less fighter the ground attackers, bombers, and your fellow fighter pilots have to worry about for a while, and the rammer’s stats are going to suffer. Like vulching, it’s actually the perpetrator who loses the most. So be happy that someone on the opposite team is sabotaging themselves.

It’s a slow day.

Anyway, look at it this way. Every time your fighter gets rammed by another fighter, that’s one less fighter the ground attackers, bombers, and your fellow fighter pilots have to worry about for a while, and the rammer’s stats are going to suffer. Like vulching, it’s actually the perpetrator who loses the most. So be happy that someone on the opposite team is sabotaging themselves.

I don’t really give a crap about how the “team” is doing. I care about how the guys I fly with are doing. And getting rammed just means that they probably get cheated out of a kill.

Should the Soviet AI try to perform a taran as the pilots historically did in the early months of the war?

What do you pilots think about it?

Not sure how this became about multiplayer

• Upvote 1

Not sure how this became about multiplayer

It didn't start out that way, but the conversation shifted to that early on, and here we are.

It didn't start out that way, but the conversation shifted to that early on, and here we are.

Not that surprising, considering that (IIRC) a discussion about an actual real-life incident of taran descended into circular arguments about ramming in a video game.

I think that if some people were caught up in a collision in real life, they’d turn it into a debate about doing it in the game...

This oughta go down in history as one of the great philosophical questions, along with, "does God exist?" and "if a tree falls in the forest..."

Seriously tho, challenging Sturmovik philosophy here! You've managed to combine all the hot topics except for team imbalance, so how about:

What if ram someone in a chute that just vulched a smoking bomber while I'm in a 109 at 6k while outnumbering the other team two to one?

Honestly I could write a white paper on this shit, so many layers...

If you write it, I'll read it. :)

I have 4 kids...bring it

Excellent! I have two. :)

And I think they found a time machine, went back to when they were six-years old, and wrote the posts in this thread that whine endlessly about being rammed in a simulation of an event where ramming actually occurred.

It's-15 here and I swear there are more snowflakes in this thread than outside on the ground. ;)

• Upvote 1

It's-15 here 

So a mild winter for Canada this year?  Cybermat must be roasting in Oz - I know my cousins are - and meanwhile, here in the...coughs slightly...mother country, it's a normal dull, grey, drizzling day.

Sigh...the weather, eh?  Much more interesting than tarans. :wacko:

• Upvote 1

So a mild winter for Canada this year?  Cybermat must be roasting in Oz - I know my cousins are - and meanwhile, here in the...coughs slightly...mother country, it's a normal dull, grey, drizzling day.

Sigh...the weather, eh?  Much more interesting than tarans. :wacko:

Yo England! -20 tonight and -30 at night next week. That'll be real.

I'm going to go taran the snow with a shovel. See if it complains.

"Boom!"

"Boom!"

One thing is sure the snow melts when winter is over. not like taran. :)

• Upvote 1

"Boom!"

It’s going to get expensive if you destroy your shovel every time you remove some snow. Not to mention that you’ll probably kill your self before the driveway is clear. But if things are that desperate, you go for it.

BOOM!!

You've managed to combine all the hot topics except for team imbalance

In reality, though, this ramming is quite irrelevant topic, just one troll is trying to make it hot.

• Upvote 1

In reality, though, this ramming is quite irrelevant topic, just one troll is trying to make it hot.

The only reason it is a hot topic is because there are some who want to play a simulation - minus parts of the real scenario they are simulating.

Seems it offends their notion of "e-courage". :rolleyes:

st%2Csmall%2C215x235-pad%2C210x230%2Cf8f

The only reason it is a hot topic is because there are some who want to play a simulation - minus parts of the real scenario they are simulating.

Seems it offends their notion of "e-courage". :rolleyes:

You can keep trolling all you want, but it does not "offend" me and I am not "whining" about it anywhere and it is simply not a hot topic. All this is just your pathetic attempt to keep trolling the thread and trying to make it appear a hot topic.

If I went to a FIFA 2018 game forum, which I don't play, just like you don't play BoX multiplayer, and started a "hot topic" how players should die on the field if they get tired, because it has happened before that players have died while playing. If then someone pointed out that dying on the field is not very common and not directly related to being tired and I then started to call these whiners, snowflakes or reindrops or whatever, just to provoke some response, it could make the thread heated, but that is because of the trolling, not because the topic itself was hot.

Edited by II./JG77_Kemp
  • Upvote 1

Seriously, this is hardly rocket science.  There are many things that occur in war that we choose not to simulate in our hobbies.  We don't bomb civilian targets, we don't deliberately kill people in their chutes, we don't drive over rows of wounded enemy soldiers in our tanks, we don't murder people in death camps, we don't rape women and burn little children to death.  We don't do these things because they are disrespectful or in poor taste or, they disrupt the flow of the game by introducing features that will probably be used by the immature as a mechanism to antagonize the opposition.     This typically results in retaliation, unpleasantness and  and disorder.  Ultimately, if order isn't restored, people vote with their feet and elect to play something else.

• Upvote 1

You can keep trolling all you want, but it does not "offend" me and I am not "whining" about it anywhere and it is simply not a hot topic. All this is just your pathetic attempt to keep trolling the thread and trying to make it appear a hot topic.

If I went to a FIFA 2018 game forum, which I don't play, just like you don't play BoX multiplayer, and started a "hot topic" how players should die on the field if they get tired, because it has happened before that players have died while playing. If then someone pointed out that dying on the field is not very common and not directly related to being tired and I then started to call these whiners, snowflakes or reindrops or whatever, just to provoke some response, it could make the thread heated, but that is because of the trolling, not because the topic itself was hot.

It's only called trolling when the person using that term disagrees with what is being said. It's just a lowbrow way of trying to shut down conversation. If you do not wish to take part in the conversation, then don't. If you do, then do. No one is forcing you to either read or respond, yet you do both, and then you complain in the latter about what you just did voluntarily in the former.

It sounds exactly like what another poster in this thread said about how his own "ethical" actions were based on what the person next to him did. meaning, if he thought the other guy cheated, he would cheat too. That's not very impressive and shows a lack of personal control.

Again, for the tenth time perhaps, not one person in this thread, including me, supports the idea of repeatedly ramming planes. The idea of ramming has only been mentioned as a viable game tactic when one player is at a clear disadvantage (smoking and burning, or out of ammo) and against the person who is actively trying to kill him. Not to mention that if the guy in the solid plane who still has ammo left lets himself be rammed by an opponent who is clearly at a disadvantage, then he needs to improve his flying skills, wouldn't you think?

If you care respond to this post, please address that point directly. If not, enjoy your evening. :)

Seriously, this is hardly rocket science.  There are many things that occur in war that we choose not to simulate in our hobbies.  We don't bomb civilian targets, we don't deliberately kill people in their chutes, we don't drive over rows of wounded enemy soldiers in our tanks, we don't murder people in death camps, we don't rape women and burn little children to death.  We don't do these things because they are disrespectful or in poor taste or, they disrupt the flow of the game by introducing features that will probably be used by the immature as a mechanism to antagonize the opposition.     This typically results in retaliation, unpleasantness and  and disorder.  Ultimately, if order isn't restored, people vote with their feet and elect to play something else.

Understood.

But this is a simulation based 100% on the idea of getting into a plane and blowing stuff up. This is not FSX - this is a simulation of war with bullets and rockets and bombs and fiery explosions and pretty cool graphics of trains plunging off freshly destroyed bridges. Not to mention the sinking boats and exploding trucks.

That there is a line in the virtual sand regarding how conduct that is historically accurate should be emulated in-game is fine. But to think the line is clearly defined and holds virtue tightly on one side only, that is highly subjective at best.

• Upvote 2

It's only called trolling when the person using that term disagrees with what is being said. It's just a lowbrow way of trying to shut down conversation. If you do not wish to take part in the conversation, then don't. If you do, then do. No one is forcing you to either read or respond, yet you do both, and then you complain in the latter about what you just did voluntarily in the former.

It is called trolling, because for several pages already you are not trying to add anything to the "conversation" other than calling other people whiners, snowflakes etc. That is basic trolling.

P.S. Again, where do I "complain" about something, like you claim? I am not complaining. I am just exposing a troll.

It is called trolling, because for several pages already you are not trying to add anything to the "conversation" other than calling other people whiners, snowflakes etc. That is basic trolling.

P.S. Again, where do I "complain" about something, like you claim? I am not complaining. I am just exposing a troll.

And you're still complaining. Why don't you just not read or respond to this thread? Do you lack the self-control?

Perhaps the truth is that you are trolling by repeatedly using the word troll to try and discredit views you do not agree with. You're not even trying to address relevant points I brought up, you're just repeating the word troll, trying to achieve a desired effect.

Why not address the point I asked you to address before.

• Upvote 1

And you're still complaining. Why don't you just not read or respond to this thread? Do you lack the self-control?

Why not address the point I asked you to address before.

Where am I complaining? In your dreams? Could you point out where I was whining or complaining about anything? Why should I not post in this thread? Is it somehow reserved for trolls only?

I have posted my point several times already. If you are not capable or choose not to understand it, what is the point of posting it for the forth or fifth time, so you could post your snowflake image again and say something about whining or complaining to keep the topic "hot"? I see no point in it.

Indeed, a vibrant debate. :)

If you are chasing someone, and he is smoking and burning, and/or out of ammo, and you are clearly going for the kill, do you think if he is able to turn the tables on you and drive his plane into yours and take you down with him that that is a cheap shot and/or cheating?

If so, please explain why he should be a good little pawn and just dies for you in the manner you see fit? And don't you think his being able to do that shows some solid flying skill?

Indeed, a vibrant debate. :)

If you are chasing someone, and he is smoking and burning, and/or out of ammo, and you are clearly going for the kill, do you think if he is able to turn the tables on you and drive his plane into yours and take you down with him that that is a cheap shot and/or cheating?

If so, please explain why he should be a good little pawn and just dies for you in the manner you see fit? And don't you think his being able to do that shows some solid flying skill?

That isn’t “taran”. Taran was ramming bombers with a relatively undamaged aircraft. In the situation that you’re describing a pilot would just bail out or ditch. Ramming because they’re butthurt about losing a fight isn’t something that they did. Trained pilots were too valuable for that sort of foolishness.