feathers632

cliffs of dover blitz edition VR support?

I find once it`s around the 45 mark with ASW there is no issue. I can fly and dogfight with no real time limitations (an hour easily). Yes 90fps is the ideal and a smooth experience, but until we have the GPU power of the next gen and gen 2 VR we are where we are. Regardless VR is a step change in sim gaming, I currently have the 1070 and will stay with it until a Rift 2 appears and see what`s on offer then.

Oddly enough, I have never had any frame-rate issues; I run all my sims at their highest resolution, and even when it chugs, and FPS plummets, the VR experience remains the same.  So I am not sure what that is all about; I can stay in VR so long as I like.

I really would like to see them implement VRWorks and LiquidVR, though; that would alleviate some of the problems.

When VR hits, I'm in...

Edited by mpdugas
spelling

Has anyone tried clod with vorpx? I seem to remember or maybe im wishfuldreaming someone made it work. Wouldnt expect it to be full 3d vr as box but still......

I bought CLOD and love the clickable cockpits, among other things.  But I can't go back to 2D flying. When you guys get VR support, I will pay for VR. Then I will disappear from work for a week...

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 2:23 PM, BlueHeron said:

Won't we all!

Yep same here. I would get it and install in a heartbeat.

A superb sim of this magnitude needs VR for future and to pull new players and fans of WWII aviation.

• Upvote 1

VR needed for such amazing game. I will buy when it out.

Edited by Dejau

I've only been on the VR bandwagon for a couple of months but am absolutely loving flying in VR.

Having an absolute blast with the P39, I can see why the Russians loved this plane though I really need to learn when to bug out and hedge-hop back to base....😀

Any new word on when VR is coming to Clod blitz.....I'm one of the ones that will buy as soon as VR is implemented

VR won't be in the next paid for add-on, TFS have already said this. Currently there is no indication when v5.00 will be released as TF refuse to reveal when they expect it to be complete. 

They had hoped for a pre-Christmas release but that is no longer possible, as indicated in the last update by Bonkin. 

So v5. 00 will arrive sometime next year but there is at-least 3-5 months of finalising, map building, texturing, importing, AI building/fixing, testing, bug fixing, retesting alpha builds, bug fixing, retesting with invitations for beta testing, final bug fixing then release. 

The full release of Bodenplatte is due around April and the expectation is that 777 won't let TFS release v5.00 at that point due to it conflicting or possibly impacting on sales. 

This means that v5.00 is most likely not going to see release until at least June which is flight sim dead time as most people head outdoors. 

So although I have been accused of being widely off the mark, most likely v5.00 won't see the light of day until August next year and VR will maybe come after that. 

27 minutes ago, Mysticpuma said:

The full release of Bodenplatte is due around April and the expectation is that 777 won't let TFS release v5.00 at that point due to it conflicting or possibly impacting on sales. 

I really don’t think that will happen. BoX and Cliffs of Dover are two completely different games. Plus, TF 5.0 will cover Tobruk, while Bodenplatte will cover the Western Fron 44-45. 777 has no control on when a TFS product is released, only TFS does; if the two are released at the same time then that won’t affect the sales of either of the two games. 

Personally, I believe that all, if not, many of the aircraft will be imported by the end of the year, January will be the final tweaks, February will be Beta testing, and March 2019 will be the final release of TF 5.0.

10 hours ago, Novice-Flyer said:

777 has no control on when a TFS product is released

Factually completely incorrect as has been stated by Buzzsaw on a few occasions. TFS cannot say when it will be released as this is completely down to 777.

5 hours ago, Mysticpuma said:

. TFS cannot say when it will be released as this is completely down to 777.

Completely down to 1CGS to be exact.

Is not down to 1C (publisher)? 

Edited by Sokol1

Yep, typed too quick 👍

Completely down to 1C when it can be released. 

1C Games came together with 777 Studios to form a separate company called 1C Games Studio (1CGS) which handles BoX and their legacy flight sims.

The original producer for 1CGS was Loft and is now Jason.

If Bodenplatte is ready for release in April 2019, and TF 5.0 is also ready in April, then there would be no issue with that.

13 hours ago, Novice-Flyer said:

If Bodenplatte is ready for release in April 2019, and TF 5.0 is also ready in April, then there would be no issue with that.

Hmmmm.......from a marketing point of view i would have thought that would be an issue.  However,  I'd be surprised if Bodenplatte would be ready for 'release' by April and I'd be very surprised if TFS 5.0 is not ready before April.

I would hope TFS can manage to be ready with a release in the window between new year and the start of Spring.

• Upvote 1

With VR picking up alot in il2 BOS, I don't see alot of people ( if any) picking up CLOD without VR, I know I'm not!

Edited by Buddy

VR is a lot of work from our coding team which is already small, and the amount of 3d work that would need to be done to existing cockpits is also a lot of work from our equally small 3d team. Not going to happen for 5.0. 

If 5.0 is a success, then adding VR support is on the top of the list. 

12 minutes ago, 69thSpiritus_Mortem said:

VR is a lot of work from our coding team which is already small, and the amount of 3d work that would need to be done to existing cockpits is also a lot of work from our equally small 3d team. Not going to happen for 5.0. 

If 5.0 is a success, then adding VR support is on the top of the list.  

You got it backwards 😉

5.0 would certainly be a success with VR support

5 minutes ago, Nibbio said:

You got it backwards 😉

5.0 would certainly be a success with VR support

Definitely +1

I even sold my track IR, no VR no simulator for me.

On 3/22/2018 at 1:59 PM, =11=Herne said:

... and comfort breaks.

Can't you just wear a diaper. It's all about immersion man ;) 

Edited by ATAG_dB

5.0 + VR = success

I'm Waiting on VR

But I am wishing the best for the team till then..........."seems like" 5.0 has been just around the corner for years

regarding bobp release date. Last I heard was from the Q&A Jason did last year where he mentioned fall of 2019. So if TFS are planning to release around April next year then there should not be a clash

I have Clod. I would pay for VR conversion now. I'm sure others would too. Take that money for other purposes. 

Cart before the horse?

On 11/27/2018 at 3:07 PM, CDRSEABEE said:

I have Clod. I would pay for VR conversion now. I'm sure others would too. Take that money for other purposes. 

Cart before the horse?

Not a question of money, a question of time.

Preps for implementing VR are already in place... but the code has to be written into the new version of the game which will be released with TF 5.0.

Many elements are changing for TF 5.0.  After those are in place, then code to allow VR to be implemented can be started.

• Like 1