Stratman59

Confused, Cliffs Of Dover BLITZ?

I have COD, bought it the day it was originally released. I no longer play it as I'm purely VR now. As I understood it It has been heavily modded by Team Fusion over the years. So, what is the connection to the current IL-2 Sturmovik developer? Also, is it playable on VR? 

i mean...you could read the announcements about that topic or read the CloD section on this forum...or you could create a new topic with questions that were already answered in the totally wrong section of the forum...you should totally do that one!

• Upvote 3

Publisher 1C allowed 1C:GS to take over the production part of Dover. This allowed them to give Team Fusion (formerly the unofficial developer team keeping the game alive and improving) the source code for it, and the status of official developer (akin to Team Daidalos in Il-2 1946). It's a free update so just go on Steam and update the game :)

Yep, the original plan by 1C was to shelve Cliffs and put in away into the history books.

But a lot of folks loved the idea of Cliffs, and the modding team mentioned above kept the dream alive by trying to make it better with modding it.

Hence we now have 1CGS bringing it officially back, and development continues in conjunction with Team Fusion and 1CGS.

:good:

Once I went VR early this year, I uninstalled Cliffs as I just can not play on the monitor any longer. I am excited though that the plan is to have VR support in the next big update , version 5. Probably a ways away, but will be nice to finally get it.

I just wish at some point, they could get rid of the Steam requirement.

Edited by dburne

I'd wait a bit before downloading it.

The launcher doesn't work on Steam yet, hence you cannot play the steam version.

Also you will have to remap all your control assignments.

he launcher doesn't work on Steam yet, hence you cannot play the steam version.

I can.

• Upvote 1

I no longer play it as I'm purely VR now.  Also, is it playable on VR? 

NO! So better keep uninstalled and move on. Can check again when 5.0 was released... in 2018(?).  ;)

BlitzPig_EL, on 15 Dec 2017 - 10:19, said:

The launcher doesn't work on Steam yet, hence you cannot play the steam version.

My BLITZ install went through STEAM interface, as well for play is just click there... in a old PC (i52570K8GMRAM, GTX970), :)  for now run like the previous TF patches, no better/no worse  - I just don't like the new "WT" fire/smoke effects.  :( 

Edited by Sokol1

1. I'd wait a bit before downloading it.

Also you will have to remap all your control assignments.

2. NO! So better keep uninstalled and move on. Can check again when 5.0 was released... in 2018(?).  ;)

My BLITZ install went through STEAM interface, as well for play is just click there... in a old PC (i52570K8GMRAM, GTX970), :)  for now run like the previous TF patches, no better/no worse  - I just don't like the new "WT" fire/smoke effects.  :( 

1. It does work fine if you follow the directions. Go here: https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27243

go to the second line down and "+++++PLEASE RENAME YOUR CURRENT IL2 STURMOVIK CLIFFS OF DOVER FOLDER INSIDE THE 1CSOFTCLUB FOLDER BEFORE DOWNLOADING+++++".  I did exactly as they said and in 10 minutes was up and running on Steam. I mapped a few basic keys(you will have to remap your Hotas as old key bindings are NOT saved from old version) and was flying and killing a 109E.

2. Why do people make completely ignorant statements like this. You could not have had time to fly and try out hardly any of the improvements, much less the new planes available.

S!Blade<><

• Upvote 1

1. It does work fine if you follow the directions. 

As you quote me in your post, wheres I say that CloD are not working (for me)?

I just say that take me TWO clicks in STEAM interface for install and play the BLITZ game - contrary to previous poster experience, as he say "The launcher doesn't work on Steam yet".

But computers and people behind their keyboards* are not equals, so... ;)

* BTW  -  Seems that you keyboard are defective.   :P

Edited by Sokol1

My statement is not arrogance.

Three of my mates DL'd the new patch, did exactly as instructed in renaming the old folders, and... nothing.  This is a known issue that TF and Steam are working on.

If it works for you, then great!  But it is not working for everyone.

Hello BlitzPig

The issue with failure to launch for some persons has been identified.

This is an issue of Windows peripherals and some joystick/controller interaction through the USB ports for certain joystick/controllers.

It can be fixed for many by simply unplugging their joystick or controller prior to launch and then plugging it back in after the game starts.

We expect to have a patch for this soon.

Thanks

Edited by Buzzsaw

Can/should we delete the old version of clod?

You can delete and you can keep (can have various CloD install), is your choice.

If are files who matter - custom SP missions, campaigns, campaign progress, skins... make backup, or like advised just rename or add a _ in actual 1C Soft... dover folder.

Edited by Sokol1
  • Upvote 1